• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loap WotP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well, I thought I might post this on here.
Life of a Peasant-War of the Peasants
*When I Left(Skip this if you wish)*
About 5 months ago I left Warcraft against my will. (I lost my Cds and codes after a computer wipe, and some other various reasons.) And to be Honest WotP went to hell. BanananaHead and some person who was called Elfclan found a way to get to my protected map. I'm fine with BanananaHead messing with my map, he seems like a good guy, and he fixed some rigged things. But Elflclan ruined the map completly, and he posed to be me.
*When I left part over*
So i'm completly redoing it. I don't mean just editing the original map. I mean completly doing it from scratch (Ideas and triggers excluded.) So far i've been working on it three days. From getting back on B.net and editing the map. I'm about 2% done. I've just started and here's my ideas.
*Keep the original forces, Police, Mafia, Etc.
*Make each of the fixed forces a specific race
*Police-Dwarves or Dwarfs
*Mafia-Orcs
*Drug Lord-Undead
*Make all forces balanced in terms of power, this may seem lazy but i'm no good at different ways of balancing (CnP. Just edit speech, missle, model, and icon)
*Add a river and rearrange everything.(somethings may be in the near original postitions.)
*Make everything unique in terms of no Original Warcraft items and units used.

Well thats all that I got and heres the map a picture of a View all map piece
WotPWIP-1.jpg

The Top Left is Mafia, across the river is Drug Lord. Bottom Left is doctors office and to the right is the Police HQ. The Bottom Right is the Peasant Selection Area, and the lone building in the middle is the bank.
LoapWotPDLB.jpg

LoapWotPMB.jpg

LoapWotPPB.jpg

People who are working on the map
Knuxrurlz13

Model Credits
Ket
Erkebulan
General Frank
Frostwolf

Icon Credits
General Frank
Happy Tauren
Archangel_Tidusx
CRAZYRUSSIAN

And that's all that I have so far ( I do love my imports)

I just want your review on my ideas and my map pic so far. I'm not asking for partners or people to help with the project, I like to work solo on projects.
Right now my biggest fear is over importing it right now, i'm bad at managing imports.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If you need to contact me in any way outside of this site. (Which I find odd if you do) Contact me at [email protected]

THAT IS ALL.

Last edited:
Level 12
Well, LoaP maps are usually of low quality but this one's going from scratch, so I'm thinking it's going to be better than most. Considering its only just started, I can't really say much about the terrain yet.

A piece of advice, models and skins are great and all, but don't get too many. Remember, a lot has to do with the gameplay as well as the eyecandy.

- Infinite

Last edited:
Level 8
Hey, if the maker has the time & resources to make a good, personal signature-image about the map, then he must be pretty good at map making.

Hey, if you want them to have at least a bit different units (eg ability/stat), I'm pretty good at balancing; just look at "Warriors of Gundra: Chaotic Civil Warfare". Of course, I've only released versions of my map with 2 factions (excluding v1.A.4(?)) of Warriors of Gundra; that one had another side, but was uncomplete & imbalenced.

I would suggest putting somewhere what WotP stands for...

Status
Not open for further replies.