• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Real Life RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well, I'm off into the world of LOAP and RLFM But, seeing as how they really don't emulate the real world as much as I would like... :oops: (not really...but...)
I've decided to undertake creating my own, and I'm calling it Real Life RPG...think of it as GTA mixed with a really weird game, and with a side of WTF...and you get my Map...but enough of that, my question is...

What would you, the players, like to see in this...large world of mine?

P.s. Here's a list of what I have THUS far:
The Russian Mafia HQ
Police HQ
Judge Building
School
Graveyard
Slums
Normal Housing
River/Lake
Lake-side Sparring Arena

Hope to get some great idea from you all, peaces

Level 4
how about taxes and people that dont look at you (let alone sell you something)if you are a bum :D
GO BUY A HOUSE! hehehe, i just like the sound of that.

maybe give like 20 minutes or something where people can live free in their parents house and have to get a job then buy their own house before they can do any of the "real" jobs... the things that require credentials

just a thought :roll:

Abc

Abc

Level 5
lots of quests.
After u did a particular quest another part of the map must be available to enter.

Level 4
as far as gangs and police check these out of whack off the wall underused and overthought about ideas :twisted:
police only have like a 2% chance to automatically attack you(the corrupted cops)

if you are cought doing a crime you get a dialog box with options to go along with the handcuffs or resist arrest - on resisting arrest you have a high probability to get shot at if you have any weapons (excluding fists of course)

dont let anyone start of as a unit of or controlling all of the gang/police... thats something that should be a job if anything - you can't be born as a policeman/druggy can you? maybe possibility for gaining rank in certain jobs (manager of burger king, police chief, sim town's most wanted... the last one is the lead druggy of course)

require some form of tests to get a job. even if its as simple as going next door and killig the noisy neighbors (for some form of assassin job of course)
maybe even put a random chance into getting a job, say like you apply and the police station, then have to come back in 2-3 minutes cause they didnt want you then, but you may get it on the 2nd or 3rd try (shows you want the job, and just like in real life they would have greater chance to hire you then)

how about closing some shops at night? i mean you cant just go walking into the mall talking about buying a katana at 2am... and please - all bars close from 3am - 6pm its some annoying law they made up so drunks cant live in the bar :D

have buildings actually have the chance to be broken into - no matter what is inside.(thats the point...)
maybe even randomize the places that valuables in buildings that can be stolen from randomized so that no one can just walk into a game and in 3 minutes be the richest charactor because he knows where to get the goods.(none of us are omnipotent... i hope)

have everyone that is human start at the same life... i mean c'mon just because that policeman is wearing riot gear(dmg reduction and maybe some soaking) and a riot shield (40% chance to deflect/block attacks) doesnt mean if you took that off of him he would hit you once and you die... after 3 hours of you striking him.

please limit ungodly weapons and such to the computer. i dont like to think of my next door neighbor coming down the street in a tank. :shock:

I've got more ideas but my fiance is buggin me... so I'll get back to you later :D

Level 3
Minkorok said:
as far as gangs and police check these out of whack off the wall underused and overthought about ideas :twisted:
police only have like a 2% chance to automatically attack you(the corrupted cops)

if you are cought doing a crime you get a dialog box with options to go along with the handcuffs or resist arrest - on resisting arrest you have a high probability to get shot at if you have any weapons (excluding fists of course)

dont let anyone start of as a unit of or controlling all of the gang/police... thats something that should be a job if anything - you can't be born as a policeman/druggy can you? maybe possibility for gaining rank in certain jobs (manager of burger king, police chief, sim town's most wanted... the last one is the lead druggy of course)

require some form of tests to get a job. even if its as simple as going next door and killig the noisy neighbors (for some form of assassin job of course)
maybe even put a random chance into getting a job, say like you apply and the police station, then have to come back in 2-3 minutes cause they didnt want you then, but you may get it on the 2nd or 3rd try (shows you want the job, and just like in real life they would have greater chance to hire you then)

how about closing some shops at night? i mean you cant just go walking into the mall talking about buying a katana at 2am... and please - all bars close from 3am - 6pm its some annoying law they made up so drunks cant live in the bar :D

have buildings actually have the chance to be broken into - no matter what is inside.(thats the point...)
maybe even randomize the places that valuables in buildings that can be stolen from randomized so that no one can just walk into a game and in 3 minutes be the richest charactor because he knows where to get the goods.(none of us are omnipotent... i hope)

have everyone that is human start at the same life... i mean c'mon just because that policeman is wearing riot gear(dmg reduction and maybe some soaking) and a riot shield (40% chance to deflect/block attacks) doesnt mean if you took that off of him he would hit you once and you die... after 3 hours of you striking him.

please limit ungodly weapons and such to the computer. i dont like to think of my next door neighbor coming down the street in a tank. :shock:

I've got more ideas but my fiance is buggin me... so I'll get back to you later :D

Dear god in heaven...you know what the hell is going on, I will most undoubtly (spell check) put some of that in the map...yup yup yup!

Level 4
umm... yeah i should have written down the rest of my ideas b4 i started workin on my map this afternoon...
for some reason i actually DREAMED of playing ur game... that was odd - never heppened b4.
anyways what i wanted to note is that all of that stuff thats mentioned above i know how to create if you dont, so if you need any help with anything just gimme a PM or post you are looking for help here :)

to be honest i would have created something like this if you hadnt mentioned it... but now I'm on a project that prolly gonna take like 3x longer to complete :D
(most of that is just figuring out the <grrr> load coding)

Level 4
by jack i'm guessing that you mean steal... and if thats the case:
event
player types :steal car as an exact match
cond
selected unit is within 50 feet of (unit owned by (ttriggering player))
variablePerPlayertoSteal(playernumber of (triggering player)) = 0
action
set variablePerPlayertoSteal(playernumber of (triggering player)) = 1
pause (unit owned by (triggering player))
wait (random integer from 10 to 45) seconds
unpause (unit owned by (triggering player))
if (all conditions are true) then do (then actions) else do (else actions)
IF
selected unit type = Car1
and
or
selected unit type = Car2
and
or
selected unit type = MinyunMobile //sry i couldnt
resist
and
then
change control of selected unit to triggering player
set variablePerPlayertoSteal(playernumber of (triggering player)) = 0
else

wow... just realized this takes me forever to type out when i dont have the WE up lol... (btw i might have messed a few things up... but this is really all thats needed if i said it all right. (just remember to put a notice in the quests/optional quests section on commands)

Level 3
Wow

You expect me to read all that?

Anyway I say half way through through in a nukular war that erupts down in Iraq and make it so your all recruited to go fit for you country and die with honor and alll that shit.

And if that doesn't work why not add some drug dealers in the schools or some sort of crazy, drunk, homosexual down at the towns libary

Level 4
sry about the double post, deleting the other one, when it said invalid session i thought that it didnt post cause i typed too long...

i had 4 hours to blow at work today... so this will most likely be long (took 5 pages in my lil notebook):

food hunger system. wonder why i thought of this one... "any time you get to the point of -*too hungry*- a mysterious gut truck HAPPENS to show up... and you spend almost 10 bucks just to set hunger to 10% intead of 0%"... gut truck being a meal on wheels pretty much... maybe even have one that drives around on streets and stops when someone gets near it.

sleep deprivation. you a late night person? then dont try having a job working 15 hours DURING THE DAY... -quote- i would get a different job if it didnt pay 2x what everything else around this lil town does -/quote-...

boredom. OCCASIONALLY you have to go to the arcade, bowling alley, mall, w/e for 1 hour (i think thats like 45 seconds in-game time)... buying a computer for your home of course would probably solve this problem a tad better (the more fun off the faster/more costly computer).

cabs. left you car someplace? work far from home and cant afford a car yet? call the cab... just hope you have the cash for it on you... -quote- you can wait for 20 minutes for my ride home, or go stand by that sign over there -/quote-

which would bring me to 'Banks'. you can deposit, withdraw, set up a savings account (that shouldnt mature for at least 10 minutes per rotation at around 3-7%), and borrow money from their "loan" department. as long as you have loaned money out: you cant deposit from 0 deposit (its not a free account), start a savings account (for you people trying to get free savings), and the interest would probably sit around 16% and have either same or slightly faster rate to increase.

open your own business. not only can your work in a business, but there are slots open in sim town for business ventures. everything from buying and selling houses(to people whenever and computers at variable timing with variable offers), a resteraunt(cook and serve yourself - or hire an employee that will cost you money and might not make it perfect every time), a store(where you get a command to open a dialog box to buy items, then notices telling them when they sold for x amount. this would prolly be semiheavy on the triggers - take at ur own risk {just remember I'm here to assist if you need})

or if you are the lazy sort, buy an already operating business... just remember because they already do everything automatically you have no options in it except to sell it (for same amount or less) and that they are QUITE expensive... try to make it take at least 30-45 minutes to be able to buy a business... this takes centuries.

side note: hit escape key to view resources and space bar to autolocate yourself. cant believe how many times I've gotten lost in a map like this.

only quest is life and liberty... as in live as best you can manage, and try not to get yourself jailed.

has anyone seen a hospital or fires in ANY loap? i havent, and i know I'd like to.

over the years (every 20 minutes or so) you house delapidates a bit, eventually it will need repairs... get use to it.

ever heard of a parking ticket? i hate it when my car sits too long... or a policeman sees my car on the grass...

ever heard of a service to wellbeing ticket? probably not - not many people have had one. heres and example:
"friend says <explicitly removed due to no foul language> and another friend take offence. 2nd friend goes to police station and makes a formal report of rudeness in public. 1st friend gets jail for a day, a misdemeanor mark on his record, and a small fine (that "small" fine is almost 125 bucks here"

did i mention the judge b4? well since I'm talking about courtrooms again lets just say that one player takes an item from another player. once again to the police station, couldnt have had it gone for too long, and it has to be taken from a place marked as your own (your house). BOOM, theft. you know the rest.
oh, and don't forget: "you mess with me you mess with my lawyer... lets not mention the people in the darker sections of town"

YaY my favorite topic after that: HITMEN. dont like someone? we'll take care of the problem... just dont get yourself cought or say my name. want in? I've got a noisy neighbor... you didnt see anything.

scared for your life? i know alot of people that put themselves in jail (by request at a police station) just to be away from me after they get me mad :twisted: ... in real life anyways... not like i really care what people online think :p

AMTGARD! my 2nd favorite past time... smacking people with padded weapons is great fun... and great practice...

every person is different, and as such when they get older and wiser(level/age change) they should have different abilities to suit such things.

gambling, i have a few family members that are addicted... they'll eventually stop though (when they run outta money)

just because its a game doesnt mean it cant be a game in the game... hell doesnt the arcade have an actual PLAYABLE minigame or 2?

multiple languages... i can get you tiny pics of 16th century druidic runes if you like... i highly doubt anyone here played ultima (not the new stuff) even 1/10th as long as i have...

already mentioned burglary, so lets try arson, assault and battery, public exposure(we gave you those clothes at the start for a reason you know), breaking and entering(who cares if you stole something... you owe me a door), destruction of private/public property(-quote-your honor, that stop sign no one listened to anyways. i needed it for advertisement. -the local drugdealer -/quote-, and extortion(that what you get for saying "give" "gold" and "or" in the same minute. doesnt matter what the truth is - remember justice is blind)

then again, you could always buy a REAL GOOD lawyer. then you just gotta hope that the 5% chance to pass it off to the judge/jury buy it. pro= if it works, you can sue. cons= if it doesnt, expect some more jail time.

ideas on items:

various foods- reduce hunger, but eventually decay
various medical supplies- heal, and this isnt an instant thing.
various drugs- like to see the screen do funny things? like to have temporary invulnerability?
(well.. you charactor might think he is...)

weapons- i really shouldnt have put this in, its kinda obvious, but everything from daggers, swords, bats, axes, staves, staffs, and pretty much everything else thats NORMALLY game or show related

guns- i say they are different from "weapons" due to the fact that THEY ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS... thats why you have to have a licence to carry one... and MOST are illegal anyways. the best part about guns is depending on the type they can be upgraded. almost all guns can have silencers and cooling chambers built into them, increasing silence(radius police can hear) and safe firing rate(shoot too long and that thing WILL lock up on you). all guns can be modified with a laser pointer and tape...

Toy- popular with kids, great for shutting them up...then again sometimes has the opposite effect... at least its entertaining to them.

Household-Couches, Chairs, tables, tv's, gaming tables... or if your really poor i think someone left a tire and plyboard maybe some boxes around the corner... set them up as you see fit (buy then set them up in your house, gain control of them, and move them around) :)

tired of writing now, think I'll go play some WC3 and finish later :)

Level 7
Telefragged said:
You know what I would REALLY love?

The ability to jack vehicles. But then again, it should be impossible or take up a holy monkey pooload of triggers in wc...

um, not at all, i had it done with maybe 70 lines, including the ability for other players to ride shotgun and shoot out the window
as well as car momentum and slamming into objects and sending them flying (increase it to 100some lines for all that)

Minkorok said:
by jack i'm guessing that you mean steal... and if thats the case:
event
player types :steal car as an exact match
cond
variablePerPlayertoSteal(playernumber of (triggering player)) = 0
action
set variablePerPlayertoSteal(playernumber of (triggering player)) = 1
pause (unit owned by (triggering player))
wait (random integer from 10 to 45) seconds
unpause (unit owned by (triggering player))
if (all conditions are true) then do (then actions) else do (else actions)
IF
selected unit type = Car1
and
or
selected unit type = Car2
and
or
selected unit type = MinyunMobile //sry i couldnt
resist
and
then
change control of selected unit to triggering player
else

wow... just realized this takes me forever to type out when i dont have the WE up lol... (btw i might have messed a few things up... but this is really all thats needed if i said it all right. (just remember to put a notice in the quests/optional quests section on commands)

ew, thats a horribly bad way to trigger that
besides, you should at least use a generic 'smart' ability to do things, more user friendly, as opposed to remembering commands

Level 6
Raptor-- said:
Telefragged said:

The ability to jack vehicles. But then again, it should be impossible or take up a holy monkey pooload of triggers in wc...

um, not at all, i had it done with maybe 70 lines, including the ability for other players to ride shotgun and shoot out the window
as well as car momentum and slamming into objects and sending them flying (increase it to 100some lines for all that)

Car damage and blowing up?

Level 7
Telefragged said:
Raptor-- said:
Telefragged said:

Car damage and blowing up?

yeah, well, car damage is basically handled like everything else, with its HP, and blowing up i dunno what u mean but if the car is destroyed either its passangers and thrown out or they die

i also forgot the mention it includes car modding :p, car has crappy handling? improve its steering! car accelerates too slow? improve that! max speed crap? ditto

the only problem with it, is that it uses arrow keys to drive the car, which can be laggy on clients

Level 4
@raptor:
yeah i know that bad trigging, but it does work. as for the smart actions (right clicking while selected r w/e) i just never can seem to get that to work, and the games i have seen it in have fudged up something where it only works for certain people or constant DC's... just a pain in the caboose... but yeah ur right :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.