• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lizardman Hunter

UPDATE 24.11.2018

Repurposed as a mounted javelin thrower, although melee anims still remain. Adeed new met throw anim

Keywords:
lizard, mount, knight, raider, spear
Previews
Contents

huntermissile (Model)

Lizardman Hunter (new) (Model)

Lizardman Hunter Icon (Icon)

Lizardman rider (outdated) (Model)

Reviews
13:43, 5th Apr 2015 MiniMage: The filesize is a little high, try and lower it as much as possible. 10:35, 11th Jul 2015 MiniMage: Eh, I guess this is fine, approved.

M

13:43, 5th Apr 2015
MiniMage: The filesize is a little high, try and lower it as much as possible.

10:35, 11th Jul 2015
MiniMage: Eh, I guess this is fine, approved.

I like it :) very cool merge.. but i feel that the lizard's head might be bobbing too much in the walk anim.. wonder if someone could make you a whole new, lizard-like walk anim..

EDIT: and the lizardman's tail is too stiff.. whatcha think about rigging his tail to the lizard's tail, and then just displacing it a bit? sometimes that can work nice

Level 13
Now that's a cool lizard rider, Hmmm I wonder whats nxt maybe a flying unit or a siege unit for your lizard race. Very nice lizard anyway Gj.

Level 32
Level 11
As I have always stated your lizard models are beyond good for me. Most have even found way into my project. And just when I thought that you were done here is another one, sweeet! Love the model and the rider animations are cool.

If you could just tweak the walk animation, it will be icing on the cake. Currently that lizard runs like a dog. Lizards walk in a swaying motion. It would look soo awesome if it would snake its way around on a map!

You should see this Pleurosaurus model by Olofmoleman if you want to see a decent lizard walk motion. Consider changing that animation please.

I will hold that rating for now ;)
+rep

Level 3
Oddly enough I find I prefer this version of the rider, but like the raptor in the other version you uploaded. Still cool regardless.

Level 14
Thanks for the update, I'm going to update the Lizardmen race I made.
You know I made two different factions for them, one including all your old reptilian models and the second one has the new ones. 5/5!

Now that's a cool lizard rider, Hmmm I wonder whats nxt maybe a flying unit or a siege unit for your lizard race. Very nice lizard anyway Gj.
You could just use Grendel's basilisk, dragons, or couatls with different skin. :)

Level 2
thought Id update this one aswell

New stuff like thetentangle sprll anim and spear throw now being his default attack

i like how his facial animations turned out but the porttait might still use some work
How to use meele animation (attack second) on a new model?

Level 21
uh I don't quite know myself to tell the truth
Maybe you could rename it from 'Attack Second' to 'Attack two'; the unit will be able to have two different attacks ('Combat - Attack 1' and 'Combat - Attack 2') that use different animations which can have their own unique damage point and backswing (just like Magnataur Destroyer and Alchemist have an 'Attack two' animation which is different from their normal melee attacks and is only used for their ranged anti-air attack).

Last edited:
Level 32
Maybe you could rename it from 'Attack Second' to 'Attack two'; the unit will be able to have two different attacks ('Combat - Attack 1' and 'Combat - Attack 2') that use different animations which can have their own unique damage point and backswing (e.g. Magnataur Destroyer and Alchemist have an 'Attack two' animation which is different from their normal melee attacks and is only used for their ranged anti-air attack).

Can a "stand ready two" make sense?

Level 2
Im not sure how to make exactly this (you probably would need to script, I dont think its really worth it)

Im gonna fix the anim name when im backbhome
ok.
was great, if you added melee attack for this model . (tinker, alchemist has it) that really good. you animation (attack second) so good for that idea.

but thanks for you work!