• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Little Terrainers' question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Well.. my question is simple I think, but I just forgot it.:D

How did I turn the function on that allows me to make hills as high as I want withoud making the hills around it higher. So I can make cliffs that look a bit better then the normal blizzard cliffs.

Level 14
maybe you are talking about this misc.data text-data, that you have to copy in you UI folder in the Wc3-Folder?
That allows you to raise mountains, but its not the same as cliffs...dont know, did you mean this?

Level 19
maybe you are talking about this misc.data text-data, that you have to copy in you UI folder in the Wc3-Folder?
That allows you to raise mountains, but its not the same as cliffs...dont know, did you mean this?

Think I mean that yeah.
To terrain you can use Cliffs or Hills. I never use Cliffs because they look so ugly, so I always made terrain with very high hills, however there's a limit on how high they can be withoud raising the terrain around it. I remember when I had WE Unlimited this limit went away, but now when I reinstalled it, it doesn't remove the limit automatically anymore, so I think I have to enable an option or something.

Level 19
Thanks alot,

however I can't find a UI map in my wc3 folder.
Should I create one?

This is how my wc3 folder looks like:
32679500d5bbdf1746ed0f2bcf9e030e0abb4c1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.