• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How to make vertical (90 degrees) hills using Raise tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Hello hive community,

Is it possible to make a map with terrain having completely vertical (90 degrees) hill using the Raise Tool? I tried editing the Miscdata.txt setting MaxSlope=90 but somehow, when I used the Raise Tool with the Plateau Tool, I can only make something like this

The cliff on the left (using Raise Tool) needs to look like the cliff on the right (using Blizzard Cliffs), disregard the texture, what's important is the slope. I must not use Blizzard Cliffs for some reason, don't ask why.

149599d1445789857-how-make-vertical-90-degrees-hills-using-raise-tool-capture.jpg

That is all, thanks for taking the time to view this thread.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 221

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Yes, I can confirm you can somehow, I played a map with a 90° cliff the way you describe.

Í don't know how, sadly.

Level 14
You can find the MiscData.txt file that you need in this thread

Scroll down to "What are the terrainer's main tools?"

"Just create a custom folder in your WarcraftIII folder with the name "UI" and place it into it to make it work, after that, start your World Editor and raise new hills."

Level 14
I already have MiscData as mentioned in the original post.

Oh hahaha not sure how I missed that. My bad

The problem is that no matter what you set the max slope to you have to have one grid unit between the lowest part of the slope and the highest part of the slope. This means there will always be at least a little bit of an angle.

Level 22
I think the only way to achieve roof movement like that is to have a walkable doodad/destructible. Is there any reason why you want to make this in terrain only?

I haven't tried the MaxSlope= 87 yet so there's still hope

Hmm, is that how walkable house roofs were made? The Doodad was just set to Walkable and units will automatically adjust height based on the Doodad's structure?

The reason for the terrain only was so that I can detect it's Z coordinate via GetLocationZ.

Level 10
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.