• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(new+HOt!!)is it ok to use blizard cliffs??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
yow guyz nth to do just asking..
1st my map is aos if just use the raise tool probaly gonna hav bunch of terrain bugs and pathing prob etc

coz ppl say bzill cliffs are ugly?
am i gonna get anal flamed by using blizz cliffs?xD

Level 26
Mass distorted, steep cliffs look ugly, too. If you use raise tool, you can only connect two adjacent terrain points (distance of 128), so you won't get a steep (clearly visible) cliff unless these neighbor points have a big difference in height, which might block sight or just does not look good. So I'd recommend to use a mix of raising terrain and spamming the accrued cliff with doodads that indicate unwalkability there. You can also occasionally implement Blizzard cliffs or import own ones.

yow guyz nth to do just asking..
1st my map is aos if just use the raise tool probaly gonna hav bunch of terrain bugs and pathing prob etc

coz ppl say bzill cliffs are ugly?
am i gonna get anal flamed by using blizz cliffs?xD
Wow, please use proper grammar;
Hello, guyz, I'm asking for some help.
My map is an AoS, and I am wondering if I should use the raise tool, because people say Blizzard cliffs look ugly, but the pathing could bug as well. Help please.

Raise should be used in RPGs and maps that have terrain for appearance than functionality. Strategy maps and such should probably use Blizzard cliifs. AoS maps can use Raise tool, as the lanes are linear and such.

Level 19
sorry im in the rush hahahaha so i just type as fast as i can lolxD

you are the most retarded user I've ever seen o_O
don't want to accuse you with this
it's just a matter of fact

topic:
lowering/raising terrain won't influence the vision
in maps like dota visibility plays a great role so you should consider cliffs
other options would be a triggered vision (more flexible but more complicated; there is a sample of it in the jass section) or vision blockers (two-sided, so units can't look down from the hills)

Level 9
you are the most retarded user I've ever seen o_O
don't want to accuse you with this
it's just a matter of fact

topic:
lowering/raising terrain won't influence the vision
in maps like dota visibility plays a great role so you should consider cliffs
other options would be a triggered vision (more flexible but more complicated; there is a sample of it in the jass section) or vision blockers (two-sided, so units can't look down from the hills)

thank you :) for calling me retarded
im asking bcoz im reading this forum that they say dont ever use blizz cliffs
but im alredy using it
so if think im retarded pls go away..im just asking for help not asking u gold or diamonds

Level 12
Blizzard cliffs are hideous, but they have their uses.

The only good thing about the blizzard cliff is that they're functional for uses other than being a cliff. If you use them right, they can be a great addition, but it's quite difficult to do so (Or at least, I find).

Status
Not open for further replies.