• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

List of spells blocked by Spell Shield (Linken Sphere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Good day, can you pleas give me some spells that can be blocked by spell shield following those conditions :

Spell 1 : Targets ennemy + can be debuffed
Spell 2 : Targets ennemy + goes through spell immunity
Spell 3 : Targets ennemy + blocked by spell immunity

Level 6
Shall target a single unit.

EDIT : if there is any AoE spells that are blocked by spell shield it would be good to mention them :)

Level 12
Shall target a single unit.

EDIT : if there is any AoE spells that are blocked by spell shield it would be good to mention them :)

I don't know if it does that but considering the Data of the ability, it has data where you can put how much damage needed to be blocked before it is completely destroyed.. That, if its the default. But I'm guessing it just blocks targeted spells.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Just use the PDD of looking_for_help to trigger your own spell block.
This way, you have full control about it, instead of grabbing little information about the default one or making long testing

Level 6
Just use the PDD of looking_for_help to trigger your own spell block.
This way, you have full control about it, instead of grabbing little information about the default one or making long testing

But how to make the item go on cooldown ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, alright, you have a unit with an item. Now index the unit and use an integer variable for the cooldown.

In a separate trigger with an even 'Game - Every 0.03 seconds of game-time' you set the integer variable = variable + 1, like a counter, up to a specific value.

In the damage event, check if the indexed unit's counter = max value and only then perform actions, then you have a cooldown.

Level 6
Hm, alright, you have a unit with an item. Now index the unit and use an integer variable for the cooldown.

In a separate trigger with an even 'Game - Every 0.03 seconds of game-time' you set the integer variable = variable + 1, like a counter, up to a specific value.

In the damage event, check if the indexed unit's counter = max value and only then perform actions, then you have a cooldown.

Thanks for the idea but i need to display the item on cooldown, any idea ?

Level 11
Instead of using spell shield, have you tried Anti-Magic shell? Spell shield just blocks a single spell as far as I know, and for AoE spells may just work for the first wave (IE the first wave of Blizzard), though I'm not sure if that's true.

It's possible that as long as it is considered spell damage, spell shield will go on cooldown and block the damage. So possibly even a basic attack from a unit... If the source is "Spell".

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Thanks for the idea but i need to display the item on cooldown, any idea ?

Depends what item you use. Usually you trigger the item cooldown with a dummy, if taking an item ability that is hard to trigger in-game/has no possibility to.

There are some other ways, try searching in the spell section for cooldown systems and I recall The Lab also has thread regarding this.

You can also workaround it with adding an item with cooldown, like spell block, trigger it with ordering a dummy unit to cast a harmless ability on it and remove it once the cooldown is ready again.

Status
Not open for further replies.