• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, this a request for a spell not a general wondering.
The Spell goes like this:

The caster casts the spell on a unit (immediately-no missile) (non-mechanical) (not self):
If the unit is an ally then it heals and gives bonus attack and movement speed it over time.
If the unit is an enemy then it damages and silences it over time.

Level 1 spell: to Ally: 200 heal over 3 seconds and bonus 30% attack speed 30% movement speed for 3 seconds.
to Enemy: 100 damage over 3 seconds and Silence for 3 seconds.

Level 2 spell: to Ally: 400 heal over 3 seconds and bonus 40% attack speed 40% movement speed.
to Enemy: 200 damage over 3 seconds and Silence for 3 seconds.

Level 3 spell: to Ally: 600 heal over 3 seconds and bonus 50% attack speed 50% movement speed.
to Enemy: 300 damage over 3 seconds and Silence for 3 seconds.

Guys, i am ultra noob concerning custom spells, dummies and those things but maybe this will help. The caster creates a dummy when he casts the spell and the trigger checks if its a friend or foe then orders the dummy to cast the needed spells to accomplish the full effects of the spell (maybe inner fire, bloodlust, Rejuvenation for an ally and Soul Burn for an ennemy).

I didn't want to post it in the Request section because it's dead (if hope you don't get pissed).

Pls post the Gui trigger if you can make this spell. You will receive +rep, credited in the map and you'll get to post the spell in the spell section.

1) Import these from the attached map :

Abilities :
Bloodlust (Custom)
Rejuvenation (Custom)
Soul Burn (Custom)

Buff :
Allied Buff
Enemy Debuff

Unit :
Dummy (Vexorian, Anitarf, Infrane)

Triggers :
Soul Scream folder [prior to copy paste, ensure automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data is turned on]

NOTE :
I don't create a base ability due to some other matters to attend to, which shouldn't be so hard by itself. Just use Channel, set it's target type to Unit and options to Visible and set the targets to what the spell can hit.

2) Set the configurations properly (I left comments inside the config trigger), make sure to check the three abilities you imported if their buff is correct (compare it to test map), you also need to modify the buffs descriptions (especially the tooltips)

3) Done

Tell me if anything went wrong.
This is made in a hurry, but from my quick test it works as intended.

Attachments

• NaserSpell.w3x
    24.4 KB · Views: 44
Tell me if anything went wrong.
This is made in a hurry, but from my quick test it works as intended.

Thanks for your efforts and sorry for my late reply.
We've got some problems.
1) The sub-spells (Soul Burn, Bloodlust and Rejuvenation) do not level up with the main spell Soul Scream. They're always at level 1 even when Soul scream is level 3.

2) The strangest thing. Bloodllust does not give the bonus attack and movement speed. Its graphical effect appears on the unit but there's no bonus bonus attack and movement speed.

3) No a big of a deal. The spell lags the first time being used, after that it doesn't. Will it cause leaks or lags in a 2 hours of gameplay map?

Level 9
Thanks for your efforts and sorry for my late reply.
We've got some problems.
1) The sub-spells (Soul Burn, Bloodlust and Rejuvenation) do not level up with the main spell Soul Scream. They're always at level 1 even when Soul scream is level 3.

2) The strangest thing. Bloodllust does not give the bonus attack and movement speed. Its graphical effect appears on the unit but there's no bonus bonus attack and movement speed.

3) No a big of a deal. The spell lags the first time being used, after that it doesn't. Will it cause leaks or lags in a 2 hours of gameplay map?

1) simply add these triggers when the ability is added:
  • Unit - Set level of SS_AllyBuffAbil for TempDummy to (Level of SS_Ability for (Casting unit))
  • Unit - Set level of SS_AllyHealAbil for TempDummy to (Level of SS_Ability for (Casting unit))
  • Unit - Set level of SS_EnemyDebuffAbil for TempDummy to (Level of SS_Ability for (Casting unit))
2) i copied the rejuvenation ability's Stats - Targets Allowed and it worked. also, the graphical effect is from the buff.
3) this can be fixed by preloading it, but i don't know how. and no, it won't leak.

Last edited:
1) simply add these triggers when the ability is added:
  • Unit - Set level of SS_AllyBuffAbil for TempDummy to (Level of SS_Ability for (Casting unit))
  • Unit - Set level of SS_AllyHealAbil for TempDummy to (Level of SS_Ability for (Casting unit))
  • Unit - Set level of SS_EnemyDebuffAbil for TempDummy to (Level of SS_Ability for (Casting unit))
2) i copied the rejuvenation ability's Stats - Targets Allowed and it worked. also, the graphical effect is from the buff.
3) this can be fixed by preloading it, but i don't know how. and no, it won't leak.

Upload the test map pls.

Level 9
Yeah, that's quite odd indeed, something must have made the cast failure.
Perhaps we need to override Rejuvenation with triggered per second regeneration, that way only Bloodlust will be cast and less prone to bugs.

probably.
sometimes, the entire spell (including soul burn) fails after a random amount of casts, though.
only happened to me once.

Level 9
yup, it's indeed something wrong with the dummy. i don't know the specific problem, but i copied a dummy unit from my map, changed the config, tested the map, and it works perfectly.

i added a channel ability btw

Attachments

• NaserSpell.w3x
    26.5 KB · Views: 39
yup, it's indeed something wrong with the dummy. i don't know the specific problem, but i copied a dummy unit from my map, changed the config, tested the map, and it works perfectly.

i added a channel ability btw

Damn!!! it still fails after a random amount of casts. Will creating 2 dummies and each casting 1 spell solve the problem?
Should we consult spell experts?

Status
Not open for further replies.