• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] List of Multiplayer Quest System Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
can anyone give me a list or any tutorials in the hiveworkshop that involves Multi-Player Quest System , coz' I cannot find any , its ok for me if it is complex or simple, what the matter is a tutorial for multi - player quests ...

advanced ty ..:goblin_yeah:

Level 16
Quests aren't all that complicated to make. Take a look at this map I've attached. This quest will give the quest to all players, where all players will receive a reward of 200 gold. If this isn't what you want, you'll have to be more specific as to what you want your quest system to do.

Edit: I updated the map because there was a small bug.

Attachments

• quests 3.w3x
    19.9 KB · Views: 99
Level 4
ohhh that's nice ... +rep ,, but I want a (I thin its called MUI) Multi-player quests like,,,, they can individually accept one quest for 2 players and they can turn in individually too

Level 16
This all could be done. If you were to give players the option of doing quests as solo or budding up in teams of 2, 3 or more, you'd need to put measures in place to ensure certain quests instances don't interrupt with other quest instances.

Say you have a group of 2 doing a quest, a group of 1 doing the same quest and a group of 4. That's 3 quests instances running simultaneously. For some quests this could be doable, but for others, you'd need to prevent multiple instances of the same quest happening.

Simultaneous Quest: There could be a lumberjack quest. You simple hit a tree 10 times for some timber then return it to a shop. This quest could have multiple instances at once, because the actions of someone else quest wouldn't interupt a different quest instance.

Restricted Quests: Some quests wouldn't beable to have multiple instances (well not practically anyway). I can't imagine you placing 2 boss battles in the same room with 2 different teams and somehow manage to make each fight independent of one another. You would need to make a system that only allows a player (or one team) to do this quest at a time. E.g. everyone would have to wait for the team currently doing the quest to finish before they can begin.

I don't have the time to write the system and I'm not sure where you can find a premade one. However, it would involves a great use of local variables. Locals can be used to perform actions on certain players. Careful using locals, they are prone to desyncs. Here is a tutorial on how to properly use locals in various scenarios:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/getlocalplayer-faq-224876/

Perhaps with some research, you can create your own system?

Status
Not open for further replies.