• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quests for Multiple Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I would like to create quests for each of my players in a multiplayer map, such that as each of them completes the quests independently their individual quest logs update accordingly. The GUI commands related to quests, however, don't seem to let me specify which player I'm talking about. In particular, the

Quest - Create Quest
Quest - Mark Quest As Completed

triggers don't let you specify a player or playergroup. Is there a way to have individualized quest logs?

Thanks in advance,
Volty

Level 3
Best thing to do is to either rename the quest specifically for each player or to state which player the quest is directed to in quest messages. It can become pretty cumbersome though :(

Level 10
I FOUND A WAY!
(just did not test it correctly in the earlier post :ugly:)

Just add the following line before actions just to do for one player:
  • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0) then
Adjust the player number as you need it; always use the playernumber - 1 (so e.g. player 6 is Player(5) etc.).

After your actions add this line:
  • Custom script: endif
If you should forget this, the WE may crash when saving!

Level 2
Wow Waldbaer! Points for you! Nicely done. I tried that out and it seems to work just fine.

I'm glad I didn't implement the triggers for the "global" style of quests I was planning on yet, now I can go ahead and use this method to get the behavior I really want.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.