• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ORPG Multiplayer Quest System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am in currently in the works of a ORPG, however I am having a little trouble with setting up a good quest system. I am hoping to find a quest system much like Forlorn's, if anyone still plays that. To me, too many ORPGs have either no storyline, or it's a grindfest, I want to take it to the next level and turn an ORPG into a fun experince, not sit there and kill 20 of the same units. Currently, I have been making Player Groups for the quests, such as:

Events:
Unit Talks To Bob
Conditions:
Owner of (Casting Unit (Of Talk)) is not in Bob'sQuest equal to True

I don't know if this is really effective or not, it seems to work when I 2-player it, but everyone gets the : Greetings, can you kill -Enter Name Here-, which floods the game chat box... Help!

Level 11
You could make a dummy ability called questlog which would call a multiboard containging quest names, and when you give a command like -info *Quest* You get the info.
Or make a spellbook which you add dummy passive abilities to which represent quests

Status
Not open for further replies.