• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Quest System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Anyone know of any good ORPG quest systems out there? I don't want to use the usual wc3 quest system.

I'm trying to finish my own, and if I do I'll submit it. But so far it's hopeless.

Level 9
Making a quest system is pretty tough, as there are limited ways to go about displaying text.

One way is through having variables that store the quest strings. When a player uses an ability, the quest objectives appears in Game Text. The actual objectives would have to be booleans.

Another way is through floating text but I don't know how you'd end up making that work.

Level 34
It's going okay. I'm getting help at TheHelper.net.

I think I may actually finish it!

So far I have I'm using skills to show the quests. I have it working, now I need to fix the hard things, like checking if you have completed the quest, and ending that quest for you but not others.

The hardest part by far is the multiplayer. You can't just turn triggers off or it will screw up for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.