• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sigh Quest Help/tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Im making quests for my game, but I ran into a brick wall-
I need every player able to use that quest seperately; I need this so every player can use a quest seperately that requires the quest taker to kill (so many) of a creep. If anyone could construct an example or link me to a multi player quest tutorial thanks!

I will +rep

Im making quests for my game, but I ran into a brick wall-
I need every player able to use that quest seperately; I need this so every player can use a quest seperately that requires the quest taker to kill (so many) of a creep. If anyone could construct an example or link me to a multi player quest tutorial thanks!

I will +rep

to make a system like this, you can not use the blizzard quest log (in case you didn't notice)

You will have to use variables with arrays. I'll post an example of one of my quests.

And I would recomend using a boolean system to detect for quests instead of integers.

• Main Quest 1strt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 150.00 of Eathron Splinterthorn 0017 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • Quest_Main[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 0
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Bag
    • Actions
      • Set Quest_Main[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 1
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: |cffffcc00Eathron S...
  • Main Quest counterBoar
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
          • Quest_Main[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] Equal to 1
          • QM1Boar_counter[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] Less than 8
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Boar
    • Actions
      • Set QM1Boar_counter[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (QM1Boar_counter[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
      • Quest - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Killing unit)))) the Quest Update message: ((String(QM1Boar_counter[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))])) + /8 |cffffcc00Boars slain|r)
  • Main Quest 1fin
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 150.00 of Eathron Splinterthorn 0017 <gen>
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
          • Quest_Main[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 1
          • QM1Boar_counter[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Greater than or equal to 8
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Bag
    • Actions
      • Set Quest_Main[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 2
      • Hero - Add 500 experience to (Triggering unit), Show level-up graphics
      • Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: |cffffcc00Eathron S...

Level 7
Ok, Ok...so I tried the quest generator but it wasnt what I wanted, it had way more triggers and variables than I needed, I would like a single trigger (if possible) that makes all quests able to be used by all players...Can this be done?
EDIT:
I would also like the event to happen when a player buys an item from a friendly shop, so he has many quest choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.