• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning Elemental

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Model for a contest at the hive.
UPDATE:Added lights nodes. Looks cooler now.
Theres an icon for this model:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=107240

Keywords:
lightning, elemental

UPDATE:
General Frank: I have added a simpler version without the now broken animated textures.
Contents

Lightning Elemental (Model)

Lightning Elemental 1.3x Fix (Model)

Reviews
18:51, 30th Sep 2008 Dan van Ohllus: Works ingame. This is one amazing model and is very high in quality. Spectacular job there, Jiggy. BlinkBoy: How could you give a Director Cut's without all of us telling him how nice this model is...
Level 6
4/5. Nice model. Always needed a lightning version :) But.. Always a but. The "mask" could use a remake.

-Sinizi

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
That's no excuse. Just because some people do really good at things you don't know, doesn't mean you can't learn the basics, or how to "fend for yourself".

Case in point: I'll never model as good as Jigrael; but I can sure as heck get Magos+Oinkerwinkles and learn how to do a good enough geomerge to get along.

Level 10
I'm trying to use this model in a campaign and it keeps crashing whenever I go to assign the model to a unit. All of the paths are correct, why does this keep happening? I really need this model.

At times I can assign the model, but then it crashes when I try to put the unit into the map, after saving and re-opening the map.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Edit: This happens in any map, not just in the campaign editor. Help Please.

Last edited:
Level 1
the only think i dont like in this is the red thing on the head and cause there lots of thing.... why not all in one path? and like 2 think only