1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Role Playing Game] Life of a Settler

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Avarthar, May 14, 2015.

?

Should the map be protected or not?

Poll closed Jun 26, 2016.
  1. The map should be protected (Yes)

7 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. The map shouldn't be protected (No)

25 vote(s)
    48.1%
  3. It dosn't matter if the map is protected or not (I don't know)

20 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, do you intend to pass the project for others?

Good luck in your sc2 project by the way.

2. Avarthar

Avarthar

Resources:
    Resources:
    The actualy wc3 project, yes, if someone is willing to continue it, he is welcomed to.
    As of myself I'd rather port it on sc2, (Mostly because I've started playing back sc2 more lately ^^')

I might sometimes try adding features here and there, but I won't be working priorily on the wc3 map.

Best regards.
    (I do intend to work back on the map, but even I don't know when it will happen. I've not played wc3 for a while now and I can't really think of any new features to add. (Which wouldn't take months of tweaking because I've decided to use the regular trigger systems ^^)).
    I've worked a lot on it, but yet it didn't go far a lot, the AI was finished few months ago (can't really remember x), it's been a while.)
    I could probably start the guild system tho. I'll start up that sc2 map work and I'll try to add/fix few things on the old map before releasing it. (Shouldn't be so long tho. I'm still gonna release the map latest version today ^^.)

3. Avarthar

Avarthar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here's the latest version I've got.
    (To be opened with the newgen editor (mostly becuase of the amount of doodads)(The JASS one))

Attached Files:

4. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can you tell me what's new or changed there? Just wondering, since I don't have the time to peek into the map and see for myself

5. Gilded

Gilded

Resources:
    Resources:
    Unwavering Support here....Gotta update your map its really cool

6. Meai

Meai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok i played 0.1.2 and it just seems like a custom melee map right now. With barely anything to do or any buildings / units.

7. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Uhhh, true but... did you notice it says "still in progress" and "yet to be completed"?

8. Meai

Meai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did but then how come there are 10 pages here with ppl commenting on it? It's pretty bad

9. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think, maybe the author multiposted once in a while? Maybe that's why it's 10 pages long.

Besides that, the ppl commenting on it are mostly giving feedback and support. Does not mean it's ready to be played.

10. Avarthar

Avarthar

Resources:
    Resources:
    As directive said I never said this map was completed nor if it will ever be.
    I have had a lot of things to do in the past years and sadly the map development had to be slowed down a lot.

If you expected a fully fleshed out and finished map, you might have gone to the wrong section. I do plan on finishing this map someday, however I cannot say when or if it will ever release completely finished.

There always is a small thing to adjust, add or even remove. And I have yet to find them all.

As for the features, they are clearly presented on the main post.

Anyway, now that this matter is done with, here is a small news for you all.
    I will be starting back the development of the map. A lot of features might change and a lot might even go completely. At the beginning I wanted to recreate a map like Founder of the North, but sadly features like FOTN had are not easy to add using only the editor's pre-made scripts. I do not plan on making my own jass scripts. I still think the project is viable with the editor's limitations. True, it slows down the development by a lot, but at least I am having fun working on the map.

So, to make a quick post, I am starting back this project and I do not intend overworking it like I did last time.
    (No I am not starting back from the beginning, I will simply readjust and rework the current features and then work on adding new ones.)

Now for the better part of this post, I am all open for suggestions.
    If you do suggest something, please be clear about the idea.

Anyway, have a great time, now I have to get back to working on that map ^^.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  11. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yay! Kudos and good luck to you and your project!

:)

12. Avarthar

Avarthar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Small news: I have downloaded WEX to further develop this map. Until the 1.29 officially comes out, I will be mostly working on the simple systems. (AI will sadly have to wait a little bit. As well as a few other small, but hard to achieve without vJass systems. (Still not ready to learn vJass ^^.))

13. Avarthar

Avarthar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I do agree, sadly right now I'm trying to focus a little more on my future to have a little more time so I can continue working on such project. Once I'm done with getting my diploma (with the system here I can't do anything without a Diploma.) I will be working back on my projects even more. I still work by time to time on it, but as I wrote a little while a go, as soon as the next update comes out, I'll try to get a little more features finished and get it increasingly updated.

And now that I managed to get myself a little more time for such projects, I am making myself a small schedule to follow.

Also, something that is to keep in mind, I am working with the most basic stuff on any mapping made so far.
    I planned a lot of features which usually would be made using JASS scripting. But for the sake of keeping it simple for everyone to use as either a template or as an example of where default options can get us I have kept it that way. Do not worry, I do not regret anything of this. In fact it makes me even prouder to have a lot of these features already on their way to work and only needing a little more tweaks before being ready for implementation.

Anyway, thank you for posting, usually I try to keep the project in mind, but it does happen that I forget and I saw an email earlier today and said to myself, yeah it is time that I work back on this map like I wanted originally. I ought that to everyone who still believe in this map.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  14. Avarthar

Avarthar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quick update:
    I have updated the map a little bit once again.
    Changes to the terrain as finally been made again and it looks more and more better. I have added a nice little blocked off zone on the bottom right for an infected area. (Currently empty of any scripting/entities. Still trying to figure out what I will put there. But at least now there's something to hide that nothingness a small bit while it's being slowly implemented.)

Anyway, I am still working on figuring out exactly how everything will go.
    Hopefully I get a few ideas when waking up back tomorrow.
    Have a good night everyone. I have uploaded the latest changes on the github repository. (As always, the repository will hold versions and such for an easier way of getting the builds reachable before uploading the final release on the map section itself.) And I am also trying to keep the trello page up-to-date, sorry one again for the slow development. I am doing my best I can currently to keep up the dev' on-going.

15. PartumCreed

PartumCreed

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wheat costs 40 gold to plant but only values 25 gold when sold.
    Money is lost through farming wheat. Farming profits are fine with Corn.

When Dark Green castle is destroyed, enemies keep spawning as if nothing happened.
    Light Blue computer destroys Dark Green over time, without any help.

There are no victory conditions & nothing happens when enemies are annihilated.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  16. Avarthar

Avarthar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Currently on the latest build available on github, I disabled such system until they are reworked. As for the wheat I will take a look into that for the next update.

But yeah the waves and such should be disabled as of now, I will take another look in to it once I can, but it should be disabled until ready to be fixed (I have quite a few triggers to redo and simplify if I can). Currently there is no win condition as there isn't really a win goal. But I might add a timer for like a 60 minutes game or so maximum game length.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.