• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Life of a Peasant] Medieval Villagers Open Source Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2

ef8i24M.png

Medieval Villagers: Open Source Project       Progress Log LAST UPDATED 05/03/19

____________________________________________________________________________________

Updated Map Description: You're a peasant, living in a dangerous medieval province. What will your story be? Become a champion in the Arena or a rich noble with your own village. Embark on an epic journey. History is in your hands, will you save the realm, or plunge it into chaos?

____________________________________________________________________________________

2019 Update: I have been thinking about picking this up again. There seemed to be moderate interest last year and there has been only one submission offering any kind of update for Medieval Villagers. My updates may be sporadic going forward but I will do my best to remain motivated to work on MV:OSP (especially hard when it comes to transcribing the whole thing to JASS) and keep everyone updated on how it's going. In any case, I won't be rushing out a release of MV:OSP - though some have asked for a release with the current changes - because I only want to release something that I know is the best quality and meets the community's standards. Thanks for your continued interest in MV:OSP. Please get in touch with me if you are interested in getting involved with this project.

Below are the completed changes for a tentative version 1.09. Please use this post to share any thoughts, suggestions, or known bugs to be corrected. I am actively seeking other modders to collaborate with on this project, if you're interested please get in touch with me. Watch this post for updates on the project's development. For general information about what Medieval Villagers is take a look at Sulfar's map page.

Currently Working On
Currently Working On

(1) Adventurer's Guild: New special quest/dungeon.
(2) Late-game/Landlord re-balance: Buffing other Classes to make them competitive with huge Noble levies.
(3)

Current Changelog FOR VERSION 1.08g
GAMEPLAY CHANGES
- Added additional heralds at Northern and Southern settlements.
- Rebalanced ores. Redistributed gold, silver, copper, and iron. Increased number of iron sources to 14.
- Royal Crown no longer gives the wearer 15000 health. The King retains the boost via another item.
- Gave King minor boost to make him more difficult to defeat.
- Changed name Disease to Sickness and improved tooltip.
- Rewrote all profession and guild tooltips. Rewrote all general tips. Added more tips. Rewrote all quest dialogs and all quest entries (F9). Combined Special Events quest entries.
- Players can now check the base prices of goods on the stock market.
- New dungeons:
   (a) Bandit Hideout.
   (b) Bear's Den.
   (c) Wolves' Den.
- Added new hostile bandit units: Bandit Archer, Bandit Recruit, Brigand, Bandit Rogue, and Bandit Lord.
- Access triggers for the Mountain King and special reward.
- Renaming Paths, Professions, Class, and other game mechanics to be more clear.
   (a) -path has been replaced with -class
   (b) The Adventurer's Class is now a Specialization.
- 4 new armors, a new special armor, and update of existing armors. From low to high: Fur, Leather, Hardened Leather, Bronze, Iron, Silver, Steel Plate, Mithril.
- Armors now sold at blacksmiths. Weapons now sold at weapons stands.
- Merchants will purchase larger shipments of lumber (50, 100, 200, and 400). Marketplace (Noble) allows sale of 50, 100, 200.
- Adventurer Class:
   (a) New NPC John Lionheart now sells Adventurers Guild (class 4) membership. John is found in the Drunken Dagger, searching for new recruits.
   (b) New introductory quest for the Adventurer and dialog for John.
- Fighter Class - replaces class 3 (Adventurer).
   (a) Added -fighter chat command. Used to find Arena. Added quest reminder text for fights.
   (b) Ryan Dragontooth (name fixed) now sells Fighters Guild membership.
   (c) Rewrote existing Arena quest. Added new fights (items) to Arena Master.
   (d) Rewrote Arena Master announcements.
   (e) Added pre-fight dialog for the Arena Master for each challenge.
   (f) Added new challengers. Two are between the old regular/very hard and one is more difficult.
   (g) Added post-fight dialog for Ryan Dragontooth for each challenge.
- Rewrote "interact" dialog for all special and generic NPCs. Added 4 fighters guild rank dialogs for all NPCs. Evenly distributed dialog options for all NPCs.
   (a) Rewrote guard dialog. Added weather dialog for guards.
   (b) Removed marriage dialog option from traveller and replaced with standard dialog. Evenly distributed options. UK-standard spellings for "travelled" etc.
- Figured out how to make ore drop-rates variable for different types of unit.
- Player carrying King's Crown cannot exit the castle.
- Removed "critical blow" from Noble's Axeman.
- New guild building for fighters.
- 2 new weapons, renamed the basic sword. Low to high (tentative): bronze, iron, steel, silver, golden. More weapons planned.
- New specialization for Hero. Renamed old specialization.
- Updated or fully rewrote quest markers for all classes. Added some new quest markers and a new call command.
- Added special structures for Hero. Hero has a couple special units now.
- Redesigned Assassin units for Thief.
- Ride-able horse.
- Slight/moderate increase in levy cost for some Landlord/Noble units.

BUG FIXES
- Farm animals no longer stack.
- Correct farm animal tooltips (cow no longer says pig), rewrote several.
- Complete redesign of item stacking system. Items now stack even when inventory is full.
- Workers can now mine ores when equipped with a pickaxe.
- Workers now mine ores at a reduced rate relative to the player's character.
- Fixed level names Advanced/Elite Training (Landlord).
- Female characters no longer excluded from the Arena.

VISUAL CHANGES
- Line of sight blockers. Line of sight blockers everywhere.
- Changed the King's portrait, soundset, and model. Changed Bartender portrait.
- Added some NPCs to the Arena stands so they don't seem empty.
- Armor icons.
- Adeline Shadowblade model from Night Elf Sentry to Night Elf Runner.
- Model for Brawler (Arena) from Captain to Footman.

Priorities & Goals FOR VERSION 1.1
GAMEPLAY CHANGES
- Greatly increase the Lore of the Medieval Villagers world.
- More weapons and armor.
- Invasion Event: Save the realm from an Orc horde.
- Additional Specialization options for the Adventurer.
- Clean up path names. The Adventurer is sometimes called the Hero. The Landlord will be renamed the Noble.
- Rebalance the Thief and the Adventurer for late-game versus the Noble.
   (a) More units and units that don't cost food. The Noble can support a large army late-game.
   (b) Add a siege damage unit for the Thief and the Adventurer.
- Redesign and expand Lich event.
   (a) Change abilities
   (b) Add buildings?
- Add more depth to the Arena.
   (a) Separate the Adventurer from the Arena. Refocus the Adventurer on completing quests in the wilderness.
   (b) A new "path" called the Fighter, which focuses exclusively on the Arena.
- A replacement for the Dominion Event.
   (a) Replace the game ending mechanic with a new Class called "the Usurper" for the player who takes the crown. This
   player will have some similarity to the Landlord/Noble for income and special buildings/units to construct. They would fight    against rebels who want to restore the old royal family.
   (b) from Sulfar: Uprising Event - bandits will turn all people hostile to the King's forces. If they manage to defeat the King,
   they will implement a democratic system creating a civil war between landlords/empire and the republic. The bandits will
   have to vote for a president and the president will become a 4th class, simillar to the Landlord.
- A faction system, to allow selective village riots.
BUG FIXES
- Fix hunger versus thirst systems and make the system more user friendly.
- Replace GUI systems with JASS for scalability (ongoing).
- Set variables that are used multiple times to reduce function calls.
VISUAL CHANGES
- Redesign house interiors. Add house decor vendor.

Credits
ORIGINAL AUTHOR
Sulfar
Naga
SPECIAL THANKS
MeteORA
Kuhneghetz
karland90
kellym0
darkdeathknight
TLI-Inferno
eubz
takakenji
Miseracord
!!GORO!!
InfernalTater
skrab
bisnar13
chilla_killa
GiFun
Rondo
olofmoleman
Illidan(Evil)X
Kitabatake
stonneash
Yayoi
Mr.Bob
Mike(Several)
Chriz
HappyTauren(several models)
Sunchips
Cavman
Graber
Himperion
Wandering Soul
darkdeathknight
Sellenisko
RightField
JesusHipster
RusUndead
Shadow_killer
Amigurumi
~Nightmare(Several icons)
PeeKay
KelThuzad
Stanakin Skywalker
NFWar
The Panda
Ribenamania
Jo27killed
Pvt.Toma
Fan
Epimetheus
Xeldarith and Kain
Skipper
Tranquil
RPG Villager
Chriz.
Lord_T
Yayoi
imforfun
HammerFist132
General Frank
ThatGuy43
Markos3520
olofmoleman
MassiveMaster
Kaitech[SanD]
.KC
Blood Raven
Uncle Fester
Astaroth Zion
Direfury
Talavaj
Grey Knight
Matarael
And everyone at Blizzard Entertainment circa 2003.

Last edited:
Level 1
Just wanted to say , the female character can't enter the arena only male can . Did the test 4 time. Can you correct it ? thanks <3

Level 2
Just wanted to say, the female character can't enter the arena only male can. Did the test 4 time. Can you correct it? thanks <3

:wsad: That's a problem. Yes, I will figure out what's causing that. Title IX will be implemented in the first OS release hahah :wsmile: Thanks for the heads up!

Download?

No, none yet. Soon, after the holidays (I am visiting family) I will upload a version. There are things I have half finished (new special quest; fixes and changes to Arena/Adventurer).

Level 1
:wsad: That's a problem. Yes, I will figure out what's causing that. Title IX will be implemented in the first OS release hahah :wsmile: Thanks for the heads up!

No, none yet. Soon, after the holidays (I am visiting family) I will upload a version. There are things I have half finished (new special quest; fixes and changes to Arena/Adventurer).
thanks <3

Level 5
Just in case have you modfiied the axeman bash chance? when sulfar was updating the map i always had issues when going adventurer vs landlord´s axemans because i would get perma bashed didnt matter if i had over 7k hp and over 700str

Level 2
Just in case have you modfiied the axeman bash chance? when sulfar was updating the map i always had issues when going adventurer vs landlord´s axemans because i would get perma bashed didnt matter if i had over 7k hp and over 700str

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if I'll get around to that this update but I do want to balance Landlord against other classes for late-game.

Level 2
Just wanted to say , the female character can't enter the arena only male can . Did the test 4 time. Can you correct it ? thanks <3

found it ;)

GyBe7q8.png

I also updated the progress log for anyone interested.

Last edited:
Level 1
yo dude might wanna make like a discord or something so people can keep in touch with you will inform more people about it btw

Level 2
Updated the log.

yo dude might wanna make like a discord or something so people can keep in touch with you will inform more people about it btw

Is this something people are interested in? I can create one if there is interest, but I'm not sure what I would do with it. I may wait until the project is more established.

It would be fun if a mount system for the hero could be added.

You mean like a purchasable horse to move faster? I can probably figure out how to do that.

Level 2
Yes sir. That would really come in handy
Updated the log.

Is this something people are interested in? I can create one if there is interest, but I'm not sure what I would do with it. I may wait until the project is more established.

You mean like a purchasable horse to move faster? I can probably figure out how to do that.
. :)

Level 9
Does this map have reputation system?

If is possible, do mount not only to increase speed, but also to combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.