• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life of a Peasant [Ultra]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
New map im working on, based on the original LOAP however this loap map is 2x bigger then the original.
In this one every one is balanced, there is no police/mafia controlled players, every one is a civilian.

- Added
* Coal Mine Job
* The Arena
* New Houses
* Crafting System
* Cooking System
* New Door System
* Pet System

Coal Mine Job:
Maximum Players: 2
Description: Max at 2 players can work at this job.
Simply Destroying coal Chunks, then take the coal ores back to the refinery, and work the refinery untill the coal is turned into steel

The Arena:
Maximum Players: 1-10
Description: The arena is a place to battle other players, or battle out monsters to earn prizes! The admission fee as of now is 100 Gold. So far i just worked out the monster competition (10 Levels so far)

New Houses:
Description: About 5 new houses been added so far,

Crafting System:
Description: You can now take all your useless stuff and turn them into valuable stuff! Make your own amulets, rings, armor, weapons! And more

Cooking System: You can now cook stuff! You may think cooking is unneeded, but while on cooking stuff, certain food will give you certain things, like some exp, and even some attributes.

New Door System: no more -open , and -close stuff wasting your time, We have a such more simple system. 2 Buttons have been placed in your house, (Open Door) and (Close Door). Select the open door unit to open door, and vice-versa on the close door. Its that simple!!!

Pet System: Pets can now be tamed, and it has a real RPG style to it. Your pet will also age!
- Animal Baby
- Animal Child
- Animal Teenager
- Animal Adult
- Animal old

If you wish to help in this project, add me on aim.
Aim: Redxii922 .

Also! If you wish to have something in this project, like a house, or a place, make the place with world-editor, save it and upload! I'll add it to the project.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The maffia, druglord and cops were not making it unbalenced.

What made it unbalenced
One dropping meaning the sides were uneven.
The druglords income needing so much miro and his troops being so expensive.
The maffia and cops having strong free troops (more damage the peasant at lvl 15).
The jobs not all earning simlar ammounts.

And the most IMBALENCED of them all, THE DREADED ARREST.
Arrest should only work at 1/8 hp and not on heroes at max hp and it shoulc be melee cast and jail doors should not be invoundrable.

To make them balenced all that was needed was to majorly nerf arrest and to make all units have 1/10 of their attack and hp.

That would scale them down to the power of a body gaurd and stuff so that the peasants would easily be able to kill cop troops or maffia troops.

Please do not tell me I do not undearstand whats going on since I do.
Im just saying removing them was not nesscessary.

Well atleast someones trying to balence loap but since maffia and cops and drug have been removed . . . .

Do you think people will play it just to be a villager?
It removes alot of the role play that could have been possiable in a balenced loap with cops and maffia and drug.

Oh and im not saying you need to make them player controled, if you wish you could make them AI controled so that no one can go power mad.

Level 25
... So, this map is called "Life of a Peasant"

"Peasant" implies medieval working class citizen, serving under a lord. Feudal system at its finest

Now, WHY THE HELL WOULD DRUG DEALERS, MAFIA OR COPS BE IN A GAME CALLED "LIFE OF A PEASANT"? ABOUT A SEVERAL HUNDRED YEAR GAP THERE

Want this to be realistic? "LoaP" implies medieval. Go full on medieval with this. Pay taxes to your lord. Increase your standing in the system. Hire an assassin to take our those above you in a desperate attempt to gain their position

I am seriously confused about that maps existance upon the Internet. Its very name is an opposite to what the actual map is

Level 8
im with mecheon on this..the name doesnt even make sense since it doesnt fit the game, but the map does sound pretty cool and all but seriously though, you can just have peasants that would make the game boring alot faster. I would suggest something besides mafia and cop like whatever else there could be so you could atleast not be equal and if your weak and another persons alot stronger and they go after you, theres no one to pay to assasinate them..so 2 other better choices would be better then just peasants

Level 8
Hey maybe you should have a job like a soldier that keeps 'order' in the town but doesnt arrest anyone because I HATED being arrested then you could never be left out and one time the version with those super cloaks the druggy had 6 and the cop had arrested him because he had driven into the druggys base and taken the druggylord and then just put him into the base. The cop said he would free him if he gave him a cloak and he gave one and the cop just said thanks and didnt let him out. That arresting is SO stupid some people left the game because they were arrested and the cop had left the game or wouldnt let them out. Another thing was the judge who always could get himself out of jail and just free himself kill people and so on. The soldier could maybe put them into some kind of 'restroom' for 6 hours and then they would be free or something like that. Sometimes the cop just arrested people just because he wanted his friend to have the mayor job. The mayor job was total **** because he had the money he had the power. I totally agree with Mecheon just as he said pay your taxes hire an assasin and so on. And probably another stupid thing was the druggy because he had the drugs that made him so strong and then he could just kill everyone else. Maybe even make it that the soldier is an AI and theres maybe 4 in the town each got his own quarter and if they find anyone in a scrap those two people get stuck in the 'restroom'. Maybe even make it that the villagers or peasants or anything get old and then when theyre old they get rent (is it that?) and get stuck into a resthome if they want to watching the young people grow and when they die they get a new child or something. I always hated the school its just being stuck into a room and then collecting books and even the adults could go in take the books and go away then. I didnt like the mafia either they always had the good soldiers for no money and then in LOAP 2 the druggylord was really hard to play as. So I hope youll make a great balanced LOAP. Good Luck! :D

Level 24
you don't need to completely take out mafia/cops/druglord
all you need to do is make them more down-to-earth
like yeah give them strong units but make it so they don't get too many or they aren't that strong

also make heroes more based on what they should be
like teenage girl is str for main att & kid is int...
and some of the people (old man to name one) aren't heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.