• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fate of Eryn RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been sick for the last several days, and I've had lots of free time to do modding, including the time I get from coughing up my lungs at 2 AM. And here's my project.

Being a full 12-player RPG, Fate of Eryn is a map quite different than most 8 to 10 player RPGs on Battle.net today. Using a full screen inventory system, integrated "buildable" spellbooks, and a customizable housing system, FoE has to be one of the most unique maps out there.

The spellbook system for FoE uses elements in maps such as HoSK and hero builders, where players can choose their abilities, as well as a talent system similar to that of WoW. Each class can choose 3 of 10 different trees. Each tree contains 10 spells. After each level you gain, you can choose which of this trees you want to invest in, giving you the next set ability. Once you reach level 30, where all possible trees are learned, you can add in a fourth tree for a hefty fee.

As for housing, FoE uses an idea similar to those found in Waugriff's CoT. Without a house, you will gain experience very very slowly. With a house, you will be able to level up at normal speed. But, this doesn't stop there. You can purchase just a simple house, or you can construct your own. By purchasing walls, doors, roofs, etc. After creating your own structure, you can purchase vaults and safes, to store money and items. There are also different profession-boosting items you can insert into your house such as anvils, cooking stoves, etc.

Well, thats enough for tonight. Anyways, I started terraining on the map just yesterday, and I just have the one village done.

FaronVillage.jpg

Level 2
It's the fact that all the doodads were just put in without any editing of them. If you used realistic sizes, it would make such a huge difference. The rocks are all bigger than the villagers, the farm couldn't even fit that tiny sheep through the door, and the gravestones are huge too. The trees are boring, but at least they fit the tileset and aren't freakishly out of proportion. Your systems seem good and some parts sound somewhat unique, but nothing too amazing yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.