• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life of a Captain

Life of a Captain
Created by Locrito

Map Information

The Campaign Consists in...
It's a warcraft classic campaign. Most of the missions consist in accomplishing with the Main Quest, or building a base and massing up units.

Credits
The Campaign was made by me, I only used the Warcraft III basic models

Other Stuff
It's a short, simple campaign made to be completed in just one sit.

Story
This Campaign, is about a Captain's daily life, in this case, Captain Bennet, that fights against a Scourge minor leader, called Kazahn.

LoaC_IMG_01.jpg

LoaC_IMG_02.jpg

LoaC_IMG_03.jpg

Keywords:
Captain, Village, Town, Undead, Scourge, Footman, Revenant, Port, Skeleton, Ghoul, Abomination, Priest, Peasant, Knight
Contents

Life of a Captain (Campaign)

Reviews
19:55, 30th Mar 2013 Orcnet: game play is really simple with just a few tech builds and a unit that would resemble a hero somehow this is a really short campaign but a worthwhile game

M

19:55, 30th Mar 2013
Orcnet: game play is really simple with just a few tech builds and a unit that would resemble a hero somehow this is a really short campaign but a worthwhile game

Level 4
Simple but cool and w/ a bit of difficulty increase on each level. It was hard to kill Kazahn in the end! Frost Nova spam :p

There are a few minor bugs I encountered... the only one I can remember now is that when Kazahn is defeated, he speaks with the name of ''Captain Bennet'' instead of ''Kazahn''

Level 5
Very short and quite difficult, but funny and superior. And, by the way, the cinematics can be very conducive, if you want to make you campaign better.

Level 3
Bug Report:
Chapter 1
Allied burning Guard Tower at last village doesnt attack but has an attack. I try luring the Abo near so it helps but didnt :p

Chapter 2
There is a small opening behind the Rock Golem, to the right which leads to a small path north to nowhere. Solution: Find this spot and add a pathing blocker.

Chapter 3
Port Terenas up north (Dark Green cpu) wasnt helping me so i thought oh they must have gone xenophobic(for a moment i thought of the Scarlet Crusade in WoW),so if i can find a way to show that im not hallucination that knight will maybe help me. So i get the teleport staff at Goblin shop,teleport inside to the Knight and accidentally end the mission without killing the boss :( Solution: Remove Staff at shop

Green Undead Cpu has Slaughterhouse but never trains an Abo.

Suggestions:
Chapter 2
Make it so that you have to demolish the base within a timer,if you dont some gargoyles fly in >:) Because its so damn easy.

Chapter 3
What does a Troll Hut so close to a human settlement,just before its wall ? Remove it.

This is settled during the fall of Lordaeron,so Priests in chapter 3 should use their highelf skin.

Since there is no real threat for the mass footman you should try adding skeleton archers as trainable unit for undead.

Would be cool if both orange and green undead camps have a sub-leutnant that drops Lionhorn(devotion aura item)and/or Enchated Sword that give +1-5 dmg and passive Crit.

Maybe give captain a manabar and Battlecry skill in chapter 3 ?

Albeit not your fault,they are so in regular gameplay: Buff undead towers they are so silly.

Level 3
Nice campaign but it would be better if we had a hero not a stupid unit.
However it was a great fun and very fast campaign so I'll give it 5/5

Level 3
Review

My review:

Chapter I

Very good chapter, you should give 6 footmen in the beggining, because there is a lot more undead units.

Chapter II

Base should be larger with gargoyles in, it is easy this way to beat the chapter.
It should be larger not that small map, and a distance between the base and the village should be more longer.

Chapter III

Kazahn should wait with his Abominations, not running to attack, set him to 'Hold Position'.
Remove the Teleporting Staff from the shop.

Whole Campaign

Well you should add some cinematics, it sucks this way.

Bug Report

Well there in Chapter I there is a little Alliance village near the undead units. One of the footman says: "We'll fight for Lordaeron, get ya swords!" and it should be "We'll fight for Lordaeron, get your swords.

Rating

I will give it 4/5 because you didn't add any cinematics and the things I said up there.

Level 5
Played it, well here are my views:1.it needs some cinematics so we see what happened that makes the map look better. 2.add more levels it gets boring with 3 levels 3.get some new units im tired of warcraft units. and the final score:4/5 becuase no cinematics.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
This is like a tutorial for Footmen use. It's for those who like to frenzy with them.

chap1:
-the cinematic mode ends right after it starts and the units are invulnerable but the captain says what he has to say. The camera is on normal mode. After the transmission, the units become vulnerable and the game practically starts

chap2:
-the same as above
-they seem to have forgotten their ability Defend as it needs to be researched...

chap3:
-the orange and green AIs have a Haunted Gold mine for?
-remove Circlet of Nobility or replace it with something that doesn't add to hero parameters...
-there is nowhere specified that the captain should not die
-Periapts of Vitality can be bought until the inventory is full. Somehow needed but item diversity would not be bad
-what rest? The purple base was not destroyed yet. It still had more than a Halls of the Dead. They even had a Shipyard for I don't know what exactly. Kazhan didn't really want to run

It's enjoyable but lacks depth and feels more like testing maps than a real campaign.

Last edited:
Level 8
This is like a tutorial for Footmen use. It's for those who like to frenzy with them.

chap1:
-the cinematic mode ends right after it starts and the units are invulnerable but the captain says what he has to say. The camera is on normal mode. After the transmission, the units become vulnerable and the game practically starts

chap2:
-the same as above
-they seem to have forgotten their ability Defend as it needs to be researched...

chap3:
-the orange and green AIs have a Haunted Gold mine for?
-remove Circlet of Nobility or replace it with something that doesn't add to hero parameters...
-there is nowhere specified that the captain should not die
-Periapts of Vitality can be bought until the inventory is full. Somehow needed but item diversity would not be bad
-what rest? The purple base was not destroyed yet. It still had more than a Halls of the Dead. They even had a Shipyard for I don't know exactly what. Kazhan didn't really want to run

It's enjoyable but lack depth and feels more like testing maps than a real campaign.

You seem to play lots of RPG campaigns... this is an RTS. No cinematics were intended. I'll remove the circlet, but if you want to amass one item on a hero (unit in this case) well, the do it if you can buy it, it's not like if it was overpowered. Kazahn Shouldn't run. Haven't played wc3 campaigns?

And it actually is just a dummy campaign I did for fun, I have other big projects, lol.

Level 5
This map is awesome, simple and entertaining, I was considering to make a similar one "Life of a Necromancer" with the same concept, just a normal unit with an inventory, and in the end he ritually turns intu a Lich.

Level 1
This map is awesome, simple and entertaining, I was considering to make a similar one "Life of a Necromancer" with the same concept, just a normal unit with an inventory, and in the end he ritually turns intu a Lich.
So did you make "Life of a Necromancer" Yet ?

Last edited:
Level 3
Good. Was also planning to make a campaign like this; Simple models and stuffs. Just having problems with making AIs lol

An undead campaign where you'll play as a Dreadlord named "Maldibion", tasked to destroy Lordaeron and stuffs. Will make villainous quotes to make the character look more evil and badass lMFAO

Level 9
This is a very basic and simple campaign. It has 3 missions that take you between 10-15 minutes to complete, the third being the most challenging. The missions are very easy to pass but you'll still have to use a level of strategies since you can easily lose a map if the Captain dies (he has inventory slots so he does get armor and bonus health from items).
Judging by what Kazahn said it can be assumed that story-wise the action isn't over since he claims that he won't stay dead for long and the Captain heads towards Terenas Harbor to leave (presumably). It was a fun little experience.

Level 5
Nice campaign, very short, it feels very old school with the terrain desing and all the default models and spells, I confused it with other campaign called Tales of a Footman - Frederick, that is similar, very well done campaign and bugless, I liked how the difficulty scales.

The concept of a superior unit that is not a hero but can use the inventory and get stronger with weapon and armor upgrades is refreshing.

Chapter 1: Easy chapter, just walk and kill enemies, the exploring is rewarded with items, tried to lure the enemies to the guard tower but didn't do nothing, also the extra soldiers come in handy.

Chapter 2: The map is tiny is my only complain, apart from that is very easy only spamming footmen.

Chapter 3: Very well done terrain design, the enemy AI is very easy to defeat, my suggestion is that you change some items from the store like the circlet of nobility. 3 gold mines against a still enemy is very easy to handle, wish you could've put a little bit more of difficulty

Everything was good and enjoyable, except the lack of cutscenes, also I like how you keep the cache for the captain despite being a regular unit, everything else is a 5/5

Played on v1.27b.

Last edited:
Level 26
I played on 1.27b.
Simple. Enjoyable. Fun. If you want to have some really simple, single player fun: here it is. 3 mission, and a footman demi/mini hero with an inventory slot. Thank you very much for the creation of this campaign. Hope someday someone is coming and reanimate it or something. ( Do not reforge this! Thanks!)

Level 8
I played on 1.27b.
Simple. Enjoyable. Fun. If you want to have some really simple, single player fun: here it is. 3 mission, and a footman demi/mini hero with an inventory slot. Thank you very much for the creation of this campaign. Hope someday someone is coming and reanimate it or something. ( Do not reforge this! Thanks!)
Actually, after 11 years, I myself remade it (not reforged it, lol). It is still simple, but with much better visuals and triggering. I am actually planning to release a mini 3 mission campaign for every race. This one (human), and orc campaign are already finished, and elves are on the way. I don't really want to upload them until I have the four campaigns though, hehe.