1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Life of a Captain

Submitted by Locrito
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Life of a Captain
Created by Locrito

Map Information

The Campaign Consists in...
It's a warcraft classic campaign. Most of the missions consist in accomplishing with the Main Quest, or building a base and massing up units.

Credits
The Campaign was made by me, I only used the Warcraft III basic models

Other Stuff
It's a short, simple campaign made to be completed in just one sit.

Story
This Campaign, is about a Captain's daily life, in this case, Captain Bennet, that fights against a Scourge minor leader, called Kazahn.

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Keywords:
Captain, Village, Town, Undead, Scourge, Footman, Revenant, Port, Skeleton, Ghoul, Abomination, Priest, Peasant, Knight
Contents

Life of a Captain (Campaign)

Reviews
19:55, 30th Mar 2013 Orcnet: game play is really simple with just a few tech builds and a unit that would resemble a hero somehow this is a really short campaign but a worthwhile game
  1. 19:55, 30th Mar 2013
    Orcnet: game play is really simple with just a few tech builds and a unit that would resemble a hero somehow this is a really short campaign but a worthwhile game

2. KingLich

KingLich

Resources:
    Resources:
    Simple but cool and w/ a bit of difficulty increase on each level. It was hard to kill Kazahn in the end! Frost Nova spam :p

There are a few minor bugs I encountered... the only one I can remember now is that when Kazahn is defeated, he speaks with the name of ''Captain Bennet'' instead of ''Kazahn''

3. Locrito

Locrito

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you! Error fixed! Post if you remember the other errors :)

4. Forsaken

Forsaken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Simple but cool and bit of difficulty, but i think you can do cinematcs for the camapaign, and do the captain hero or only with one skill
    i liked :)

5. Locrito

Locrito

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah, sorry I just uploaded this for fun, lol, I hate doing cinematics :p

6. HOooDy

HOooDy

Resources:
    Resources:
    2 Words 1. Smooth , Simple :))

7. Zektr

Zektr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very short and quite difficult, but funny and superior. And, by the way, the cinematics can be very conducive, if you want to make you campaign better.

8. ReDCrowN

ReDCrowN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Simple but good :)

no bugs and it is not boring :D

it was short sadly.
    4/5

9. AwzomeWulfzz

AwzomeWulfzz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played this and it is pretty good. And now it's approved! Well, 5/5.

10. Eagle_11

Eagle_11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bug Report:
    Chapter 1
    Allied burning Guard Tower at last village doesnt attack but has an attack. I try luring the Abo near so it helps but didnt :p

Chapter 2
    There is a small opening behind the Rock Golem, to the right which leads to a small path north to nowhere. Solution: Find this spot and add a pathing blocker.

Chapter 3
    Port Terenas up north (Dark Green cpu) wasnt helping me so i thought oh they must have gone xenophobic(for a moment i thought of the Scarlet Crusade in WoW),so if i can find a way to show that im not hallucination that knight will maybe help me. So i get the teleport staff at Goblin shop,teleport inside to the Knight and accidentally end the mission without killing the boss :( Solution: Remove Staff at shop

Green Undead Cpu has Slaughterhouse but never trains an Abo.

Suggestions:
    Chapter 2
    Make it so that you have to demolish the base within a timer,if you dont some gargoyles fly in >:) Because its so damn easy.

Chapter 3
    What does a Troll Hut so close to a human settlement,just before its wall ? Remove it.

This is settled during the fall of Lordaeron,so Priests in chapter 3 should use their highelf skin.

Since there is no real threat for the mass footman you should try adding skeleton archers as trainable unit for undead.

Would be cool if both orange and green undead camps have a sub-leutnant that drops Lionhorn(devotion aura item)and/or Enchated Sword that give +1-5 dmg and passive Crit.

Maybe give captain a manabar and Battlecry skill in chapter 3 ?

Albeit not your fault,they are so in regular gameplay: Buff undead towers they are so silly.

11. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice campaign. A little bit too easy though. Will you continue working on it?

12. I_Am_The_Prophet

I_Am_The_Prophet

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not Good I Want Some Heroes Not An Stupid Unit
    Thats In The Main Character
    Well
    According To Me Ill Rate This Map 0.5/10
    Sorry About My Ratings Cause Your Campaign Are Boring

13. jocacar

jocacar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice campaign but it would be better if we had a hero not a stupid unit.
    However it was a great fun and very fast campaign so I'll give it 5/5

14. AlmightyWarrior

AlmightyWarrior

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very boring -,-

15. SerbianBoyZz

SerbianBoyZz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Review

My review:

Chapter I

Very good chapter, you should give 6 footmen in the beggining, because there is a lot more undead units.

Chapter II

Base should be larger with gargoyles in, it is easy this way to beat the chapter.
    It should be larger not that small map, and a distance between the base and the village should be more longer.

Chapter III

Kazahn should wait with his Abominations, not running to attack, set him to 'Hold Position'.
    Remove the Teleporting Staff from the shop.

Whole Campaign

Well you should add some cinematics, it sucks this way.

Bug Report

Well there in Chapter I there is a little Alliance village near the undead units. One of the footman says: "We'll fight for Lordaeron, get ya swords!" and it should be "We'll fight for Lordaeron, get your swords.

Rating

I will give it 4/5 because you didn't add any cinematics and the things I said up there.

16. Eltilas

Eltilas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Played in past. Do not remember much, but seems to be funny.

17. Alireza Evil

Alireza Evil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Played it, well here are my views:1.it needs some cinematics so we see what happened that makes the map look better. 2.add more levels it gets boring with 3 levels 3.get some new units im tired of warcraft units. and the final score:4/5 becuase no cinematics.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is like a tutorial for Footmen use. It's for those who like to frenzy with them.

chap1:
    -the cinematic mode ends right after it starts and the units are invulnerable but the captain says what he has to say. The camera is on normal mode. After the transmission, the units become vulnerable and the game practically starts

chap2:
    -the same as above
    -they seem to have forgotten their ability Defend as it needs to be researched...

chap3:
    -the orange and green AIs have a Haunted Gold mine for?
    -remove Circlet of Nobility or replace it with something that doesn't add to hero parameters...
    -there is nowhere specified that the captain should not die
    -Periapts of Vitality can be bought until the inventory is full. Somehow needed but item diversity would not be bad
    -what rest? The purple base was not destroyed yet. It still had more than a Halls of the Dead. They even had a Shipyard for I don't know what exactly. Kazhan didn't really want to run

It's enjoyable but lacks depth and feels more like testing maps than a real campaign.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  19. Locrito

Locrito

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

You seem to play lots of RPG campaigns... this is an RTS. No cinematics were intended. I'll remove the circlet, but if you want to amass one item on a hero (unit in this case) well, the do it if you can buy it, it's not like if it was overpowered. Kazahn Shouldn't run. Haven't played wc3 campaigns?

And it actually is just a dummy campaign I did for fun, I have other big projects, lol.