• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legends of Arkain True Story

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
arkain_2020_x200-png.369838

full

A Campaign Series made by Shar Dundred

If you enjoy the Legends of Arkain series, please consider showing your support by becoming a Patron and joining the Arkain community today!

! Requires Version 1.29.2 or newer !

You are not allowed to publish any edited version of any Arkain map! This includes but is not limited to Reforged edits!

Story

The world of Arkain is at war, with the continent of the same name being the center of conflict, war and destruction. The First Voidwar ended in a stalemate, but the people of Arkain knew the next war would come. The Second Voidwar is at hand, heroes and villains alike will rise to stand against the tide of war
Command the brave General Blen Greymoore, one of the best generals of the human Empire of Rodan, and his allies to defend the vassal Kingdoms of Arkain. Bring glory to your Empire and Emperor.
Join the ruthless General Gardon Bloodclaw and withstand your enemies, both inside and out, and face the horrifying Demons. Be willing to walk the path of victory, even if it costs your soul.
Take control of the honorable Rangul and the Deathbreeze Clan to unite the Orcs under one banner. Fight everyone who stands between the Orcs and their wish to take the Kingdoms for themselves.
Control the mysterious Amari, the exiled daughter of Rangul, in her attempt to save the Orcs from themselves. Create a new realm for your people, like never seen before.
Fulfill the plans of the ancient Aridon the Watcher and his undead forces to maintain the balance of Arkain. Only the living dead can fight the upcoming chaos.
Walk the path of the brutal Ornasion the Destroyer and unleash countless undead monstrosities to destroy your enemies. Whether they are mortal or immortal, none shall withstand the wrath of the Destroyer.
The time has come to make your choice for only those who win the war will write history.

Campaign Series Info

The Legends of Arkain is a campaign series which takes place on the world Arkain.
The races of Arkain fight against the demon invaders, who try once again to enslave every being on Arkain. The Humans, the Orcs and the Undead will have to make a stand against them... or face complete annihilation or enslavement by the Demons.
This campaign series will consist of actually three different series. There will be a Human, an Orc and an Undead campaign series. They will all run in the same timeline but will present three different stories and outcomes. When they are all finished, it's completely up to you, who wins this conflict.
Those, who win the war, will write the history.

You like the campaign?
Click here to visit the forum!
Click here to see the progress of the series!

Click here for the First Human Book!
Click here for the First Orc Book!
Click here for the First Undead Book!

Click here for the Second Human Book!
Click here for the Second Orc Book!
Click here for the Second Undead Book!

Let's Play made by @Jayborino!
Features

- Three different storylines/campaign series
Take control of one of the three factions, the proud Humans of the Empire, the plundering and strong Orc Clans or the mysterious Undead Nexus and their endless army of the dead, and face the demonic invasion as well as other struggles that await you.
- New units
Command units, you already know, as well as completely new units with new upgrades and abilities.
- Decide the fate of Arkain
At some points of the campaigns, you'll have the opportunity to decide things, that affect the storyline, characters and sometimes even the chapters you play or how you have to play them. By doing or, well, not doing certain side quests, you can also affect the campaign.
- Three difficulties
You can play the campaign in either easy, normal or hard difficulty, just like in the original WC3 campaigns. It will impact on the AI difficulty and scripting as well as other minor changes.
In easy version, for example, the AI won't rebuilt lost buildings.

- Full Jass AI
In this campaign series, every single AI is written in Jass instead of being created with the AI editor. This makes the AI more intelligent.
- Universal hotkeys
All abilities, units and buildings use QWER hotkeys.
- Race Mechanics
Every available race has its own unique race mechanic to improve gameplay - and, in some cases, to add new ways influencing the story.

Characters

full
General Blen Greymoore
General Greymoore is said to embody everything the Empire stands for. He is an honorable warrior, proud to fight for the Empire and the Emperor, following every order and doing whatever he can to make the Empire a better place - even if it means that he has to fight the enemies of mankind without showing any mercy, hunting them until they are completely destroyed.
Already, many bards tell romantical tales of the veteran who was born a peasant and rose through ranks only by his wit, his tactical mind and his strength in both body and mind, saving not only his men but also fair ladies on a daily basis. Of course, the tales are exaggerated, as tales tend to be, and Blen wouldn't consider himself a paragon, having to send his men into certain death again and again to assure victory for the Empire, mourning those who he lost. Greymoore's soldiers all look up to him, seeing him, who fights at their side in every battle, as their inspirational role model.

full
General Gardon Bloodclaw
General Gardon is the most ruthless and merciless general in the Empire. He is known for using every available weapon against his enemies without showing any pardon. His background is a mystery. He simply appeared out of nowhere and became general. He proved very fast, that he got that position for a good reason, destroying the enemies of the Empire with fast, merciless effectiveness. He is the commander of the Ironfist, an elite force of the Empire, which often carries out top secret missions for the Emperor himself. According to rumors, Gardon himself enjoys the favor of the Emperor - much to the frustration of many higher-ranking Imperials. Yet none would dare make a move against him, as in the past, such attempts ended in disaster.

full
Rangul
Growing up as a usual member of the Deathbreeze Clan, Rangul's abilities and his dedication to his race along with his strength made him rise up the ranks of the clan quite fast until he became the first and most trusted lieutenant of the chieftain. Rangul sees his race on its way to utter extinction and dreams of a realm for his people. A strong realm that would prosper and serve as staging ground for many invasions. Dedicating his life to create this realm himself, he planned to not only be the successor of the chieftain but to also unite all other clans under his command, sending them against the Kingdoms of the Humans. Their lands would be taken over and used by the Orcs who would then become more than simple marauders and pillagers.
However, his plan has one major hole: The Demons and their constant attacks. While Rangul thinks that his people could be powerful enough to defeat some demonic army, he has yet to come up with any ideas on how his people should wage war on the Kingdoms on the one side and defend against the Demons on the other.

full
Amari
The chieftain of the Cliffhunter Clan, Amari, was born as the daughter of Rangul. While women in the Orc society were forced to stay at home and take care of it and the children while the males were fighting, Amari wanted to prove to her father, whom she knew was more tolerant towards new ideas - him adopting a human girl was perfect proof for his. She secretly gathered a few other members of the Deathbreeze Clan and went on a mission to gain his trust. However, she was betrayed and forced into exile - like all Orc women who were unwilling to "stay home". The fate of an exiled female was often death. However, Amari did not want to accept that fate. She sneaked her way through to the Kingdoms where she met other exiles and together they founded the Cliffhunter Clan - a clan consisting of all Orc women who had been exiled by their clains. Therefore the Cliffhunter Clan is considered an exile clan by the other Orc clans - and therefore hardly even considered a real orc clan.
Amari and her followers raided the Kingdoms for a long time, with Amari being smart enough to keep her clan moving instead of settling anywhere to avoid being detected by the armies of the Kingdoms. Since the foundation of their clan, the number of exiled Orc women has increased dramatically, showing that there are many women who want to fight. Amari promised to herself that, one day, she would make the other Orc clans accept her clan and reform the society of her people regarding females.

full
Aridon the Watcher
Aridon is the most mysterious creature of Arkain – also the most unknown. No one but the Demons even knows of Aridon's existence and the archlich intends to keep it that way as long as possible. It's unknown for how long he has existed, but he has always been here. He's even older than all of the oldest Demons together. It's also unknown who or what he used to be before – if he has ever been anything else before. He calls himself the humble Watcher of Arkain who ensures that the balance isn't disturbed by the other races. The Demons and the mortals alike often tend to threaten this balance with their actions and Aridon has often interfered in the actions of the mortals – but from the shadows without being noticed. He has seen the future and has known centuries ago that in this conflict, manipulations won't be enough and prepares for a full scale war. It's time for the Undead to fix the flaws of the other races.

full
Ornasion the Destroyer
Unlike other dreadlords, Ornasion had always prefered brute force over manipulations or mind games. This made others of his kind consider him a savage brute, not worth much more than some pitlord. He was considered simple-minded, no threat to the far more intelligent and cunning dreadlords. However, it was this apparent "simple-mind" that spared him from the political games between other Demons, allowing him to focus on what he did best: Warfare. He became a great tactician and led the Blooddrinker Legion into many successful battles against their enemies.
Ornasion turned out to be the greatest general of the Blooddrinker Legion, yet the other dreadlords never considered him a threat due to him being interested in nothing but war, even going as far as calling him a "Pit Dreadlord" in reference to the brutish Pitlords. It was the last time a dreadlord would underestimate any other dreadlord. One day, still centuries before the Void War, Ornasion made his move. He challenged all higher-ranking dreadlords of the Blooddrinker Legion at once - and tore them apart. While actually being the brute they always considered him to be, he was no fool and was driven by the same ambition as others of his kind were.
Ornasion used his brute force to make the Blooddrinker Legion the most numerous by absorbing several smaller Legions. In doing so and due to his tactical abilities, he had secured the place of his Legion as the one leading the charge against the Humans and other races of Arkain, planning to destroy all his enemies - be it by crushing their lands or by corrupting their minds.

Click here to learn more about the other characters!

full

full

full

full

full

Full release

Models & Skins:
Blizzard Entertainment
67chrome
epsilon
Wandering Soul
infrenus
Tauer
AndrewOverload519
Mephestrial
Dojo
PrMosquito
Hawkwing
Em!
dickxunder
acagnip
Uncle Fester
Frankster
Mc !
IamMclovin
AhhFreshWeeD
Sin'dorei300
Elenai
Kuhneghetz
CloudWolf
alreadyused
Dark Hunter1357
Dmitry Rommel
Kitabatake
Shar Dundred
RazorClawX
Uljimasa Hojo
eXciTe
Sellenisko
frostwolf
-Grendel
Skipper
Deolrin
gookywooky
Callahan
BlinkBoy
Hueter
Coinblin
supertoinkz
SuPa-
Tarrasque
Power
Afronight_76
chr2
olofmoleman
imforfun
Deolrin
Pyramidhe@d
HerrDave
Meteor_demon
kangyun
Kael Theron
PROXY
JetFangInferno
JesusHipster
Makoodzaka
Rizz_Boomer
johnwar
Villagerino
frostwhisper

Icons:
Blizzard Entertainment
Uncle Fester
CloudWolf
xylign
SkriK
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Darkfang
GreyArchon
67chrome
Fjury
PrMosquito
INSEKT
Muoteck
dickxunder
Frankster
CloudWolf
Kuhneghetz
Elenai
Heinvers
Shar Dundred
Uljimasa Hojo
SinisterX
Darkfang
Hemske
Palaslayer
NFWar
Hellx-Magnus
Justicebringer
Sin'dorei300
sigelang
Mr.Goblin
Mythic
antihero
Sellenisko
-ToasT
jigrael
Just_Spectating
APproject
Pins
Eagle XI
kangyun
-Grendel
BLazeKraze
Mc !
Kael Theron
Stanakin
JollyD
The_Silent
-Berz-
chr2
olofmoleman
San
Scias
Akolyt0r
Peekay
Edge45
ChevronSeven
4eNNightmare
r.ace613

Music:
Sabaton

Campaign Preview Screen:
Heinvers

Campaign Logo:
Mythic

Everything else made by:
Shar Dundred

First Supporters:
Theoden of KoMe
Chen
youness
Kasrkin
kakuzu
BandolXD
Heinvers
Imperator
Veritas 117
PlankingWolf

Please contact me via PM if I forgot to give you credit for your resource!

To Blizzard Entertainment for this great game.
To Turnro whose great campaigns inspired me to revive this old project.
To Jayborino for his enjoyable let's play projects of the Arkain series!
To all who supported this project!
To all who reported bugs and gave/give constructive feedback both during and after the development!
And very many special thanks to Kasrkin, who supported the creation of this project in many, even countless ways!

Feel free to post your suggestions, opinions and questions!
Please report any bugs!

Keywords:
Arkain, Legends, Legends of Arkain, LoA, campaign series, True Story, True Story of Arkain
Contents

Legends of Arkain True Story (Campaign)

Reviews
Part of the Arkain Series. Obviously approved !
Ralle
From looking at the past releases of this project combined with the stats and reviews of this one, it is evident to me that Shar Dundred has still got it. Congratulations on another DC in your collection.
Level 29
is a great campaign but idk if i can play it further after this update ... i am still thinking if it will crash further even with a new update...when i played I couldn't play the mission Pride of the Empire every time i was starting the mission 10 sec later crash ... crash after crash so i quit playing it. To bad i realy wanted to finish it and also play General Gardon Bloodclaw more :)
The problem is quite obvious. Random crashes is usually happened because you were using the version that the original author doesn't recommended (other than 1.29.2), especially the Reforged with custom campaigns (1.35).
If this is the right case, then you should not use the version other than 1.29.2. If you still experienced the crash, setting the game speed to slow will reduce the chances of crash.
Mine also had random crashes during the skirmishes (not in the campaign) because I used the "warpten" cheat code, so I decided to slow the whole thing.

Level 7
What is the difference between this and the other books? Or more importantly which order should I play it in? I just wanted to get into the series, but dont know where to start :D
This one is like recaps and one storyline of all books, on the other books there are more than one storyline based on what you choose. This series make a sequence story off all books, i suggest you try each faction till end ( second books ) then play this series

Level 4
How do I download the Latest Version and keep all my progress from the last versions? I really don't wanna go back and finish it all again (even with cheats) While it would be fun it would defeat the purpose of testing out the new stuff ;-;

Level 21
So the Undead First Book mission as the final...Is it considered canon still or not?
Also I have been looking this series as well and got to say it's really enjoyable...

Can make your own choices and what not...
Keep up the good work and no plans for a Third Book for your main campaigns?
Like can have a Trilogy for each race etc, and nothing for the Demons?

I don't mind that, just a little curious is all...

Level 3
Hello Shar Dundred, Creator of Arkain. i want to ask about the Rahandir character himself. In Divine Wrath chapter Rahandir got shaken by the Angelus woman words know there still people who revere him as legend hero but when he show himself to the world as a lich the reaction he got only just simple adoration that he have in life and now being undead he was described abomination. Aridon knows his life journey and lord of shadows has assumptions that Rahandir is not risen by the Watcher. now with Sapphira and the undead angelus herself as Rahandir personal servants and still believing that the Watcher decision is for good cause.

the question is what big role he have in Undead? his existence i believe is crucial for his future.

also Salana. please don't let her pass too long. she needed by everyone especially me.

MY FAV Char is Rahandir, Salana, Sapphira, and the Undead Angelus.

My REQUEST??? MAKE RAHANDIR BE POWERFUL. at least Arch-Lich like Kel-Thuzad or legendary lich who have the power of dragonslayer and demon hunter.:thumbs_up:

Shar Dundred, you evil. Why Gorthog has to be one who suffer? i hate betrayals. really hate betrayal.(speaking from experience)

Level 11
Upon finishing this last chapter, I gotta admit, the story of this campaign has just become way more interesting. I don't want to spoil the campaign by commenting a lot about this last chapter, but a great role for Gorthog has just been opened for the future. Humans had losses, orcs had losses. So much bad blood between the two races, I can't even imagine how many new battles are waiting for us! :grin::grin:

Level 4
Swapping the new file for the old file deleted all my progress and now can't get back :/ .
Tried loading a saved game and that wouldnt work either.

Level 26
Swapping the new file for the old file deleted all my progress and now can't get back :/ .
That's strange, usually True Story has no problem with previous save files. Sounds you did actually something more with the game cache/campaign cache.
I did not experienced this, and I play True Story a year now. In this time period, the new updated campaign file was not messed up my safe files, and the progress I did in the campaign. I had all the items from the previous maps, and so on.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Replacing a campaign file will definitely not let you load a saved file on a previous/different version of the campaign. Progress will load itself if the author has made a way for the game cache to be loaded again before starting the campaign again. A easy way to do it is to just leave all maps/chapters visible/selectable in the campaign menu. That means you'll have to play the last map/chapter you reached, again/from the start though

Level 4
That's strange, usually True Story has no problem with previous save files. Sounds you did actually something more with the game cache/campaign cache.
I did not experienced this, and I play True Story a year now. In this time period, the new updated campaign file was not messed up my safe files, and the progress I did in the campaign. I had all the items from the previous maps, and so on.

I cut paste new file into campaign folder from download folder. Click yes on replace old file with new downloaded one. However have loaded a few chapters now and the items collected up until that chapter are there, as well as selected skill tree order. So am relieved that can keep playing new updates with that progress in place. Can deal with not having all the completed chapters not marked off. :)

Last edited:
Level 3
I cut paste new file into campaign folder from download folder. Click yes on replace old file with new downloaded one. However have loaded a few chapters now and the items collected up until that chapter are there, as well as selected skill tree order. So am relieved that can keep playing new updates with that progress in place. Can deal with not having all the completed chapters not marked off. :)
Yeah.. the benefit in items and possibly tomes that you have keeping safe is really important and i like to try your method since i completed every chapter with cheats so i can know the dialogue and cutscenes. Sorry Mr. Shar Dundred. If you read this, that means you found out that i prefer the story more than the gameplay 🤭

Upon finishing this last chapter, I gotta admit, the story of this campaign has just become way more interesting. I don't want to spoil the campaign by commenting a lot about this last chapter, but a great role for Gorthog has just been opened for the future. Humans had losses, orcs had losses. So much bad blood between the two races, I can't even imagine how many new battles are waiting for us! :grin::grin:
Though i am on the side of the Undead. I can't help but feel sad and pain for the losses between two races. Perhaps Humans and Orcs can unite and possibly the marriage event between Gardon and Amari will happen 🤭

Level 21
Haven't left a rating on the shiny new download page here, so today is the day. I considered giving this NO STARS since Shar will not canonize my nonsensical shipping of two characters that have never and will never interact within the complexly woven story and plot. You're lucky I'm feeling generous today Mr. Dundred.

Full disclosure, Shar Dundred is an actual friend of mine. This campaign is 5 stars in any case and this is a niche forum for custom Warcraft stuff so no one cares if Joe Schmoe wants to say this is favoritism. Just play it, you'll probably enjoy the setting and character plotlines at the very least.

Speaking of characters, my only actual criticism at this point might be that the # of characters does begin to spiral out of control. There are cases where one or multiple new folks are introduced to fill a role that an existing character probably should be filling instead or perhaps the role itself is a bit superfluous.

The True story updates the gameplay from the original books substantially. A big draw are all the distinct factions that all play fairly unique. It's fun to see how some evolve and/or combine over time to have satisfying narrative fidelty.

Maybe I'll write a HUGE review once the whole thing is actually completed, but long story short is that Arkain is one of the very few narratives within the custom community that makes me feel actually invested. I have fun considering where the story will go, what the characters will do, and how the gameplay experience will tie it together. At this point in my life, that curiosity and anticipation is rare to experience and I cherish it.

Level 2
I can see what you mean by bringing in alot of new names.
To me it just made it better so far. As long as they all continue to get narrative and purpose.
Im overwhelmed by the thought behind this story its so good. Cant wait for some more plottwists tho. So far its pretty similar to the books.
One thing do (minor Spoiler) Harmon Guardian of Flame aswell as Aedale. Didnt get as good of an explanation of How they got out of prison compared to the books. That is the one and only thing i have found so far in the demo.
And now we wait for the next episode of salaria… i almost wish this never ends its actually the best rts experience ive ever had and its not even finished… insane.

I hope he adds ”a third book” after the Gates of hell i for one wasnt satsfied with it ending there😁.

Level 29
I played the recent map and I felt it was a bit too easy, seeing I managed to complete the level without actually freeing all the harpies or opening all the gates

Maybe give the Redfist some anti-air defences
It's fine to have an easy mission, especially since most missions from these latest acts are hard and we are getting close to the endgame.

Level 1
This campaign is still being worked on. It will be updated in the Map Section whenever a new act has been completed!
For the most recent version, check out the
Arkain forum

Been a while, Map Section.

According to @Alexen posting the demo despite still being WIP is alright because it inlcudes
an overhauled version of the entire First Book era as well as a first chapter as "teaser" for the Second Book era.
Huge thanks to Alexen for being awesome!

The mission buttons are currently all enabled to allow people who played the demo previously to continue where they left off.

Enjoy!

No favorite character poll. YET!

As always, use cheats at your own risk, I am not going to fix bugs that are caused by cheats.
hey Shar. i apologize for my ignorance but could you explain to me if its possible to play the new acts ( i believe i played till act 6 "the lost daughters") and would like to know how i can just update my campaign instead of play it again?

Level 7
adding my own feed back. had a great time playing this extra chunky campaign, playing with all the ethical. and unethical choices :p the new heroes added nice spice to it. and the lore you built was amazing. keep up the great work. and may the grim dark muse never dull ,shar . ;) took me few days to beat it. but it was absoloutely worth the paitance. cheers.

Last edited:
Level 2
This is the best of the best campaing i ever play. Just sad now the campaing has been protected, long time ago when the campaing still in act four the campaing can be edited but now cant. 👍 👍

Level 7
Uploaded a hotfix that:
a) Fixed the Salrian Knight spawn position
b) Fixed the boss fight - several of its triggers did not work anymore - and thereby making it less easy
c) Prevents the Zirr Nexus from killing the Salrians
for the latest map, player really need to act aggresively, i not expect it given 2 base only to launch a invasion, the battle is quite tough

Level 2
What is the difference between this and the other books? Or more importantly which order should I play it in? I just wanted to get into the series, but dont know where to start :D
Start with Orc books 1-2 then Hum 1-2 lastly Und 1-2 in my opinion this makes it easier to understand the true story and also makes it more enjoyable. the books are probably 60h+ of content so depending on how fast you play hopefully true story is done by the time u are finished :)

Macielos

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
Alright, several years after completing both Human and both Undead books, I launched "True Story..." and so far completed the first act.

I definitely see lots of improvements, I love the new techtrees and much greater variety of units of different subfactions of each race, the new pieces of lore are also interesting. Terrain on some maps is still very poor and empty, even in comparison to standard Blizz maps. I remember from the original Books that it got better in later missions, but these several maps in the beginning could definitely use an upgrade to fill these empty spaces with rocks and bushes, add some more doodads to towns and cities and generally make the locations more diverse, memorable and, well... alive.

Storyline and worldbuilding are definitely a great upside of the campaign, factions are very distinguishable and unique, major characters are... okay mostly, sometimes a bit one sided, but overally believable. First books were kind of a big prolog that focuses on presenting different characters and subfactions before the decisive events unfold in second books and action gets more focused around the "actual" main characters like Gardon (who's by the way my definitely favourite and best written one).

RTS aspect of the campaign mostly suits me as I enjoy large scale Brood War-style maps with lots of enemy bases and long gameplay that gives me freedom in which direction to expand instead of just linearly leading me to my objective. I remember some Second Book missions were sometimes ridiculously long and difficult (but not because of interesting challenges, but rather the need of tireless turtling and using various exploits as the only way to compensate insanely huge and fast respawning AI armies), but I'll say more of them when I reach them (or when they are released).

Overall, I treat Arkain campaigns a bit like Piranha games (like Gothic or ELEX) - a bit rough and ugly, sometimes imbalanced and unforgiving, but can still pull me in for many hours with great atmosphere, immersion, worldbuilding and storytelling, make me push forward, face challenge after another, sometimes get irritated by it, but feel tons of satisfaction after finally beating it. And "True Story..." definitely delivers this feeling and a great plus for that. Despite some aspects it's a satisfying change from all these AAA games that treat a player iike an idiot who must be told or shown exactly what to do, leaving him little space to actually think and figure out solutions.

Here's some feedback, bugs and suggestions for particular missions:
  • Nice touch by starting the campaign by slaughtering innocent women and children
  • Sorry, but the terrain is particularly poor in this one. It should be nice to make a good first impression and so on
  • Loading screen text is truncated
  • I miss the possibility to build shops in my base and this mission particularly needs them as there's almost no way to heal my troops
  • Dwarven footman is just a tiny Mountain King which is annoying as there's also a real Mountain King in this mission which hurt me a lot when a single guy I mistook for a unit suddenly stormbolted my wounded hero to death. I see lots of units got replaced by unique models, so I'd highly recommend to replace this one too. There's a lot of dwarven axemen/warriors/shieldbearers etc. on Hive.
  • A challenging mission due to a low number of gold in our initial location. You have four locations to explore and basically you have to start with the right ones (in the south) or you're likely to run out of gold before you secure another goldmine. Which I naturally did on my first playthrough as I started exploring from the north and west and without meat wagons I bumped into this insane base you have to climb around the cliff under catapult fire to get to. This effect is boosted by the fact there are lots of entrances to your base but only one gets actually attacked... but on my first playthrough I used lots of precious resources to secure all of them
  • I destroyed the orcish base before activating the last nexus (on the forementioned damn cliff) and I got the "quest complete" message for the quest that was not yet discovered, then the mission ended with success. It would be better to have two objectives to accomplish here: activate the nexuses AND destroy the base. If we destroy the base earlier, I think we should still have to activate the nexuses or at least the victory message should be different
  • The outro cinematic needs a skybox - right now Aridon just stands in a climatic shot surrounded by the sea of complete blackness instead of the sky
  • Nothing wrong with this one, I don't think a lot has changed either
  • Loading screen text is truncated
  • A bit more diverse terrain would be cool here
  • Catapult model could be replaced by a more... humanized version, e.g. Human Catapult
  • You may consider disabling creep sleeping at night. Harmos' part ended up being at night in my case, so I just omitted all the creeps in their sleep
  • Mass firemages with stacking rain of fire are OP as hell. I once nerfed a Hydromancer in my Exodus campaign for the very same reason. I'd recommend replacing Rain of Fire with something else, maybe something like Soulburn to cripple enemy high-tier units and spellcasters? Or some version of Harmos' fire shield?

• A bearded, clearly grown-up firemage is refered to as 'boy'? Sounds quite odd.
  • I admit, I used iseedeadpeople to find the demonic base. Yeah, I'm lazy, but I checked the whole map for hidden entrances etc. so it was clear it's somewhere in the woods, but there was literally no hint to where it could be.

• Damn, I hate the beginnings when I'm immediately thrown into battle without not only an opportunity to familiarize with new units, but even to create control groups so I can properly manage my initial units. In this one I had to quickly restart the mission to fast create 4 control groups for initial units and withdraw them or they'd get decimated in the initial engagement with the orcs. Overall, this tug-of-war mechanics combined with the player training units (and paying for them) himself is tricky and leads to mostly avoiding combat with your army and letting your infinitely spawned allies to get slaughtered wave after wave while you expand and explore the map. Which... kinda works, but still feels odd.
  • Probably not intended by the author, but I immediately decided to build town halls in allied bases and triple my gold income as they don't mine them themselves
  • While I can understand the decision to use spawned troops instead of AIs here, it was sometimes irritating that in the open ground allied troops just blindly charge towards the enemy base while ignoring orcish troops passing just next to them in the opposite direction or attacking their allies' bases. I think this mission could benefit from a hybrid approach - allied AI only defends our bases while attacking troops are spawned as they are now, belonging to different players without AI, but with the same color as their bases.
  • You may also loop "stand work" animations for buildings what periodically spawn units - funny thing is that Blizz did this trick in Kael vs Maiev mission in TFT
  • This mission was a carnage overally... but after lots of engagements, mining 4 mines at the same time (well, workers don't cost food) and building several huge tower walls (last one in front of the orc base) I made it.
Time to sleep now, will continue... soon enough.

EDIT:
  • Damn, you truly gave Rangul a Sceptre of Healing, the most OP item I not so long ago removed from Exodus because it allowed heroes to basically solo the whole campaign...

Last edited:
Level 4
What is good is that the balance is much improved from the separate race books. Eg. The Golden guard being too OP in Orc book 2.

Last edited:

Macielos

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
Another bunch of missions beaten.

A2M2
  • I skipped the intro cinematic and the white filter didn't disappear
  • Trueshot Aura's description only mentions first two levels

A2M4
  • Orcish warchief promises to unite the other clans without destroying and then continues to raze every single rival base to the ground... well, that's very orcish of him. I excepted a bit more diverse gameplay here, with various objectives to subjugate specific clans, instead we got just another huuuuge battle. Enjoyable, but still a bit of wasted potential.
  • I admit I totally couldn't have beaten purple AI as Deathbreeze Clan. ~15 training structures instantly rebuilding the whole army including mass rains of fire casters were too much even for my maxed army, microing like crazy with heroes and Warlocks, lots of approaches including a wall of towers just next to enemy base... I took down this one with whosyourdaddy and proceeded to destroy every other base without problems, so I'd recommend this one AI player (or the Rain of Fire ability) to be slightly nerfed
  • Darkmind was supposed to subjugate minor clans, but they only attacked the big red base in the top left corner
  • Yellow and orange are neutral towards lesser clans - was that intended? Possibly yes, as Darkmind was hostile to them because their goal was to eradicate them and I was hostile to them because... I'm the player and I need a meat grinder. Still, it was a bit irritating that my allies in the east kept sending attack waves through minor bases to the north-east and when I wanted to support them, I had to smash all the minor clans anyway.
  • At least I finally got my inventories full due to a goblin shop. There should definitely be more shops and items in various missions.

A2M6
  • Salomar's face looks like it's been rolled over or something... I think even a normal grey-haired Paladin or one of its many skins on Hive would look better here.
  • My heroes died fighting Rahandir and nothing happened, the mission didn't end

A2M7
  • Huge seaside map, tons or resources and no food limit for ships... Totally nothing wrong with that (that's of course meant to humbly suggest that ships should cost a bit of food here for balance reasons)
  • It would be cool if AI actually built and sent waves of ships to attack and rebuilt the lost ones. Or if not AI, just spawn the attacks via triggers from time to time, aiming to destroy the player's shipyards. The objective could then have been to just destroy all shipyards, not the fleet
  • I played as humans and northernmost undead island was very clustered when I reached them. I think that AI has a little too many buildings or the island is too small for them.
  • I remembered that in First Human Book the undead showed up and beat me offscreen after I smashed the orcs. So I smashed the undead first, then I smashed the orcs, surprisingly got the cinematic that it's the orcs who are making progress and I once again have to fall back... very anti-climatic and demotivating. I get it that the mission lorewise has to have one ending, but the cutscene could at least indicate that the player was winning and the orcs lost their naval bases, but THEN their reinforcements arrived and forced us to retreat.

Last edited:
Level 3
do i need 1.29 to play it, shows up as "Just another" in the camp menu on current version, sorry im new to this stuff
i figured it out <3

I am having an issue where saving is crashing, not sure if thats known

Last edited: