• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Least) Favorite Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
[All] Worst games EVER, Best games EVER

Alright, so in here just post your most HATED games that you think are pretty retarded, and your favorite games.

Favorite games:

-Halo (1,2, soon 3) [Xbox]
-The elder scrolls: Oblivion [360]
-GUN [360]
-Fight night Round 3 [360]

In that order

Hated games: (people are gonna hate me for this but this is my opinion)

-Final fantasy (ALL OF THEM except the first)
-Naruto games
-25 to life

Halo is just great, there is nothing to be said about it

Oblivion is a fun game, with pretty good graphics, and i like the FPS rpg combat system. A merge of action and RPG. Pretty fun, alot of exploration to be done.

At first gun was pretty bad, the beginning kind of sucks, but as you gain more areas to explore, and the story line starts to build up it gets better. Plus duel pistols while riding a horse... The plot is good too.

Fight night is the best boxing game ever, you can customize characters, and on the 360 its graphics are amazing. It had the best graphics for the 360 for a while.

And now the shitty games.

This is my opinion, maybe its just me but. I dont get final fantasy, i dont get any game that has turn based combat and that queer magic RPG crap. You watch your characters bounce up and down up and down for about 30 minutes while you scroll through 50 different menus. PUSHING MENU BUTTONS, HOW EXCITING. I think its pretty fucking shitty. And i dont get why its so popular.

Naruto is just stupid, since the show was a hit, the evil corporate world tried to make money out of making games out of it. THe show is stupid, the game is stupid. No more need be said.

25 to life looked cool on the cover... play as cops, gangsters, a little GTA style. So i bought it, tried it, and regret what i did. The game play sucks, it crashs often. And its so glitched you go insane, i fell into nothingness while walking on the side walk 4 times. And the story line is stupid and pointless, if it can be even counted as a story line.

Dont hate on me if i pissed on your favorite games, but this is my opinion, and i stand by it.

So instead of flaming me (probebly Final fantasy fan boys) list your own worst and favorite games and stay on topic.

Lolz.

Level 26
Best:
Army Men: Air Combat
Paper Mario
Halo (Its hype was larger than the game, but fun nonetheless)
RESIDENT EVIL 4
Kingdom Hearts, I Suppose.
SSBM
Call of Duty 2
CNC: Red Alert 2
CNC: Renegades
Cel Damage
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Starcraft (Thought it was greatest thing since sliced bread)
Warcraft 3 (Never lived up to the hype I got from starcraft, but it was great and an upgrade)
Worst:
Army Men: Sarges Heroes 2 (Playstation version was shit)
DOOM 3 (violently disappointed at the atrocious lack of storyline)
Can't say much else atm.

Last edited:
Level 26
I definitely have too many games labeled "best". Let me shorten it.
Best: Army Men: Air Combat.
.hack Infection
Call of Duty 2
Starcraft
Hello Kitty: Happy Party Pals
Worst: Doom 3

Level 2
Worst games ever:
-Big Rig(s) <truck game, no speed limit (you can go to infinity)
-Trigger Man <just watch a GCN trailer for it and you'll see

Trust me, you can't find any worse games.

Most loved:
Duck Tales (NES)
Metroid (NES)
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64
All Parodius games
Warcraft III & TFT (though I hate melee games and DotA AllStars)
M.U.G.E.N.
Super Smash Bros.
Metal Slug games (HELL YEAH!!!)
Battletoads & Double Dragon (SNES)
Battletoads (Arcade)

Most hated:
Alisia Dragoon, but it has cool musics.
All Mega Man & Mega Man X games. Bosses are kinda imbalanced and too fast.
Europa Universalis games. Couldn't understand a shit of the commands and strategies.
Elite. Couldn't understand a shit of the game at all.
Haunted Castle (Arcade). Hardest Castlevania game ever. Hard to control the character, enemies are too strong, game over in first death and too low amount of continues. But the musics kicks ass.
Sailor Moon Super S Fighting games. (Street Fighter-like) AI can kick your butt easily while you can't, even if you damage them
...there might be more, but I can't figure out which for the moment though.

Last edited:
Level 9
Alisia Dragoon (but it has cool musics)
All Mega Man & Mega Man X games. Bosses are kinda imbalanced and too fast.

No offense, but are you saying the game is...too tough? The games original Mega Man games are challenging, yes, (especially the first one, which is the toughest game I ever played!) but also force you to work out clever stratagy.

Mega Man X is silly easy, and anything past X4 is lame, and too forgiving (you can game over and start at bosses)

No offense, but are you saying the game is...too tough? The games original Mega Man games are challenging, yes, (especially the first one, which is the toughest game I ever played!) but also force you to work out clever stratagy.

Mega Man X is silly easy, and anything past X4 is lame, and too forgiving (you can game over and start at bosses)

Well, I've managed to kick out some bosses. But most are hard for me. I haven't played the games when I was a kid.

The only Mega Man game I have come very far whithout cheating is a version released on Sega Game Gear (which was a mix of the NES Mega Man games).

Level 9
Well, I've managed to kick out some bosses. But most are hard for me. I haven't played the games when I was a kid.

The only Mega Man game I have come very far whithout cheating is a version released on Sega Game Gear (which was a mix of the NES Mega Man games).

Mmmm...right, The Wily Wars. It was kinda a ripoff of Super Mario Allstars, but not nearly as good (the graphics and music weren't much better)

Yeah, I hadn't played the games for a very long time until about a year ago, when I bought the Anniversary Collection for Mega Man and X, which have save functions. The games are much easier when you don't have to write down passwords on pieces of paper, and search for that same paper a week later.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
BEST GAMES
Warcraft 3 ROC+TFT
Final Fantasy 5
Sonic Adventure 2
Rise of Legends
Freelancer

WORST
Shadow the Hedgehog
All modern Spyro the dragon games
Sonic the Hedgehog (next gen)
Civilization 3

Warcraft 3 ROC+TFT
Obvious

Final Fantasy 5
Graphics sucked, but overall the storyline was good, controles were friendly, not too tough and the music / dialog were great.

Sonic Adventure 2
Nothing beats playing as Dr Eggman with a cool theme tune.

Rise of Legends
Underated game, low requirements, highly complex and fun. Graphics look cool on max, pushing even modern cards and CPUs a bit. Also has some of the coolest creations and heroes I have ever seen / used.

Freelancer
Fun free to play space RPG that was easily modable.

Shadow the Hedgehog
This game turned shadow from the slightly slower yet stronger hedgehog into the all terane rambo he now is. After this game shadow could fit into any FPS, rpg, or even animal based games without the slightest compatibility problems, luckily he is still owned by sonic team for now.

All modern Spyro the dragon games
Well, the lack of a good plot or long levels is the major failure. Worse, they can not even keep their release systems constant, dropping Xbox support totally.

Sonic the Hedgehog (next gen)
Well, the graphics were cool and the Shadow they had I actually liked a bit because this time he got the cool combo kicks and moves while losing the guns and gaining propper armed mobile vechiles. Too many bugs though, the levels were annoying and loading sucked for next gen, also the DL content was a ripoff and the heroes were unballenced. The story also sucked, feturing a close relationship between sonic and a human, total crap, especially when Dr Eggman's battleship blew up for no real reason killing the Dr, yes killing the Dr who survived explosions 1000* worse in the past. After this game shadow could definatlly be put into any game and become a hero, if not the super vilin who would win, lets just hope sega does not make him even stronger.

Civilization 3
Not really a civilization, too realistic and annoying, luckily all the bad parts were removed for civ4.

Level 12
Best games: Fable, Morrowind, Oblivion(well the little bit that I played was fun except my computer could only just barely handle it on worst graphics), Battlefront II, Heroes of Might and Magic I, Prince of Persia Sands of Time.

I don't play bad games.

Mmmm...right, The Wily Wars. It was kinda a ripoff of Super Mario Allstars, but not nearly as good (the graphics and music weren't much better)

Wily Wars is for the Genesis/Megadrive.

The Game Gear port of Mega Man I've played had levels with elements from the NES Mega Man games, including the bosses.

Level 9
Lets see. il have to archive my games before judging them i have alot.

Best:
Warcraft 3 (Obvious)
Age of Empires 1 and 2
Star wars Galaxies
Star Wars Empires at War
Star Wars Jedi Knight II
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
Morrowind
C&C Series (no renegade)

Mediocore/ other games)
Ryzom (another Payer :(
Wow (to expensive to be best)
Earth 2150
Sim City 2000
NBA Live 2004
James bond Nightfire
Stronghold Legends
Zoo Tycoon
Guild wars
Settlers 4
Civilisation 2
Earth 2150
Rise of Legends
Rise of Nations
Age Of Empires 3
Age of Mythology
Rise and Fall
American Conquest
Railroad Tycoon 2
Airport Inc
Roller Coaster Tycoon 1
Traffic Giant
Megarace
Ceasar 3
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars KOTOR 1
Star Wars Republic Commando
Lord of the Rings: return opf the King
Warhammer 40k Dawm Of War
Hidden And Dangerous

Worst
Earth 2160
Lord Of the Rings BFME 1, 2
Merchant Prince 2

Description:
Best:
Warcraft 3. has been keeping me playing this game for atleast 5 years. Shoulda earn a nobel Prize for that.

Age Of Empires 1 and 2: Source of Entertainment for about 2-3 years during my childhood from 8-11

Star Wars Galaxies: Awsome game but of short duration due to 2 gigantic nerfs causing 75% of the community to leave. cant wait for the emu to come.

Star Wars Empires at War: Cool strategy game with some very nice mods and the cool galactic conquest mode (the bigger the scale, the better for me :)) that one will keep me playing for a while

Star Wars Jedi Knight II, Cool multiplayer. plus i pwn all :) to bad the game is abit imbalanced but ts still loads of fun.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2: Great improvement to the already cool previous one. i still play it sometimes.

Morrowind: Great game, im still playing and modding for it today

C&C series, who cant refuse this, all of them simply own. Especially red alert 2 and Generals.

Medicore games:
I will only describe some honorable games in my gaming history. most of these games kept me playing for about 1-2-3 months before hopping on to another.

Honorable games:
Ceasar 3: My first game :)

Age of Empires 3: cool to launch emenies with cannons, but shares the same flaw as almost all other microsoft games: Doomed to bore very quickly.

James Bond nightfire: ARCADE!! one of the first games were i could call myself: 'pro'

Megarace: Another arcade game. funnely enough i started playing this game actively 3 years after i bought it, awsome feature i like, shoot cars who are faster then you :)

Worst: Games that are really crap dont ever buy them.
Earth 2160: such a bad game compared to it predecessor bored me within a month
BFME 1, 2: Inbalanced crap. alot of units (and even races) are rendered useless due to being inbalanced and stuff, still kept me playing surprisingly long due to friend playing it.
Merchant Prince 2: Record for keeping me playing the game: less then 1 hour, explains enough.

Games that ive ignored to play and never bought
Fifa ....,...,...: ehh its footbal so it sucks... Period. plus id think all games are almost exactly the same.
Final fantasy: i hate turn based rpgs

Last edited:
Level 5
Best:
StarCraft
Diablo(1 and 2)
Fable
Dungeon Siege(1 and 2)
Classic Doom
Warcraft III
GuildWars
Unreal TOURNAMENT(classic and 2004)
Dawn of War(im a Games Workshop games Fan)
Ultima Series
WoW
Zelda Series (exept 2, it sucked)(and windwaker sucked too... but i still played it...)
Metriod Series... prolly my fav of them all
Halo series(never owned it.... but it was fun...)
Age of Mythology
Quake 3

im sure there are more but i cant think of them

Sucked:
Zelda 2 and Windwaker(mentioned above)
ummm and that one game that sucked...

Reason for short list of sucky games: i put a lot of research in before buying games... so i dont buy sucky games

Level 4
Best:
Kotor 1-2
Starcraft
Warcraft 3
SW Battlefront 1-2
Zelda TP
Heroes of Might and Magic
Rise of Nations
Age of Empires

Hate:
Sports Games

It hasn't been created yet dude... If you want to be judgemental, I might just as well say your comments are shit because you only have 149 posts... it's the same logic.

if i think its going to be good and my fav game, then u dont have to butt in saying that "its not been created, so dont judge it by its cover" implys that u think it wont be so good, so let me keep my own opinions rather than u trying to change them.

Level 26
if i think its going to be good and my fav game, then u dont have to butt in saying that "its not been created, so dont judge it by its cover" implys that u think it wont be so good, so let me keep my own opinions rather than u trying to change them.
I believe it's gonna be good. Who doesn't? It's just that you don't "count your chickens before they hatch". Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I disagree with every aspect of your mind. More judging books by their cover? But hey, if that's what you do, whatever.

I believe it's gonna be good. Who doesn't? It's just that you don't "count your chickens before they hatch". Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I disagree with every aspect of your mind. More judging books by their cover? But hey, if that's what you do, whatever.

Kay, lets be friends again :p

Level 8
Best:
Warcraft 3
Battlezone (Old underated game)
Zelda Majora's Mask :D
Rachet and Clank (All of them yes even Deadlocked <_< >_>)
Warcraft 2 :D
The Sims (1 & 2)
Okami
Stronghold
Morrowind
KOTOR
Worst:
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Starwars 3 (<_< >_> No contest)
Warcraft 3 (Look at 1/2 of the maps ever made and you can see why.)

Level 4
where's The Gears Of War????!!!
-Best-
Gow
Halo (All)
Warcraft TFT
Oblivion
Legend Of Zelda (all)
Battle Zone (I Still Have it lol)
FarCry
Mech Warrior (all)
Mech Assault (1,2)
Heavy Gear II (Old)
StarCraft
Prisoner Of War
Dawn Of War
Gauntlet
Free Lancer
Unreal Tournament
Sonic
Super Mario
and others i cant that i dont remember

-Worst-
Any Pokemon Shit
Any Yu-gio Shit
And Final Fantasy Shit

Level 13
Where the f*ck is the total war love ?

Best:
Wc3: modding success, pure genious, the original game was shit but with mods and maps... my god.

Medieval total war 2: Beautiful game, as good if not better than all the other empire building RTS's, this kept me playing for about 5 months, (still havent beaten it yet)

Rome total war: Sweet game, best one since Legion, but 1000 time better than that buggy crapfest.

Other than that, i dunno, those are my all time faves.

Edit: FINAL FANTISY IS NOT SHIT. moron.

Level 40
Best
WarCraft 3: Melee blew, modding pwned
StarCraft: Awesome melee.. never gets tiring
Total Annihilation: Really nice melee, battles were insanely engaging and the game was really nicely laid out. I suggest you guys try it out. It's generally compared with StarCraft as the best RTS of all time.
WarCraft 2: Win
Diablo: Still awesome, in my opinion; I occasionally pull it out from time to time
Magic: the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers: Quite fun, in my opinion (being an MTG fan, until the recent sets which have just blew)
Diablo 2 patch 1.09 and prior: Great, not as good as D1 though
Super Mario Bros: Win
Super Smash Bros: Win*2

Worst:
Diablo 2 post 1.09: Yawn, way too easy. The skill synergy really trashed the game
World of Warcraft: found it really boring, good thing I didn't buy it and waste all that money ;)
Halo 2: Not sure about the original, never played it, but I found halo 2 buggy and unenjoyable.
Any sports games: If you want to play computer games, play computer games. If you want to play sports, go play sports goddamnit!
DotA: Fail. I bet no one saw this one coming. (It's not a stand-alone game, but come on... I had to :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.