• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

League of Legend Art contest CR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

So I decided to participate in the League of Legend art contest.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/art-revelry-contest
It ends on the Feb 2nd 2012.

And wanted to ask my hive community in support in this.
Also, wanted to post the work in the progress that perhaps someone will have a good idea to add, or a fix something that I am not seeing.

Help much appreciated.

The last image is the current progress, and its like 60% done I think.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

80019560.jpg

By aktamara at 2012-01-22

95028337.jpg

By aktamara at 2012-01-22

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Marvellous! The only issue I'm seeing right now (from the last WIP) is that there's no actual focus, at the very least not at Sona. Although that may have been your intention all along, I think it'd be better if the artwork evolved around the champion rather than the event. Making her a little more colourful would go a long way, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
- light reflection on the big pearl decoration of her instrument
- make her more colourfull (les desaturated) because yes even though you want to create a cold light atmosphere, LoL is a VERY colourfull game and so are the characters too... I would add a ''TAD'' more colour, not much but just enough to help us make the distinction between all the diffrent cloth parts.
-add a Backlight for her maybe? Like
back-light.jpg
, less big of course, but with that huge light just next to her, we should see a orange one :D

erm, that's about it for now :D oh and, just like shiik said = I would probably make her stand out a tad more, by making the background a tad blurry :D

I've got two things to say.
1st: How long did it take you overall to finish this?
2nd: I adore the flora, lanterns and her clothing. Well done reflections on the water aswell.

Thank you guys!

1- It took about 5-6 days. Some full 6-10 hour days, some 2-3 hour days. About 60 hours I think.

2 - yea, to paint those sakura trees in the night was difficult, still think I have not got it to where I waned it to be, perhaps should of when with more cartoony style. But watter yes, did turnout very nice, I like that part me self too!

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Wow, that is beautiful, CR. I'm not sure about the leaves on the bridge, they do stand a little out, but it is otherwise magnificent. I especially love the water. Good job, and good luck to you.

Wow, that is beautiful, CR. I'm not sure about the leaves on the bridge, they do stand a little out, but it is otherwise magnificent. I especially love the water. Good job, and good luck to you.

Thanks man!

I have made a brush with the leafs and used it like a stamp, they do kinda stand out too much but I am tired with the image, I dislike the design on that character, Sona, so after forcing my self to finish this hope it will do.

I don't know, the leaves on the bridge kinda give it a 3D-effect.

Can't even begin to understand how you built this one up, with all those details, colouring etc. Such an eyecandy!
Oh, and your signature's awesome. Don't tell me you sign regular papers with that aswell? :p

Well the step progress is there so you can see I rendered the image from the background to foreground, and coloring technique I used can be found here, on this icon tutorial.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2d-art-tutorials-281/icons-crazyrussian-93857/

And, the image on my devian art page can be downloaded at its full size, like 3000x1800

Level 17
Holy shit, that is amazing! Congratulations on winning. Your entry screams 'win'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.