• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lavalanche! 2.5d

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
It's really Simple

A group of pandas are trapped inside hell, and you're one of them.
You must survive against waves of lavalanches and volcanoes.
How long can you survive for?

There are 3 pandas avaliable:

Fire:
Good at killing other pandas. Has Shadow Strike (Slows other pandas down), Storm Bolt (Stuns), and Windwalk (Becomes Invisible).
Earth:
Good at taking damage. Has Anti-Magic Shell (Absorbs damage), Healing Aura (Heals yourself), and Heal (Also heals yourself)
Storm:
Very fast, good at avoiding damage. Has Teleport (Teleports you somewhere), Burst of Speed (Increases speed), and Shield (Makes you invulnearble).

Avoid anything that has to do with fire, kill other pandas or sabotage them if neccesary. Volcanoes will pop out when it is 2 minutes in...

This is unprotected and has no (or little) leaks, but please do not claim ownership of it. You didn't make this!

I am the only author of this map =)
Enjoy!

Keywords:
lava, avalanche, lavalanche, 2.5d
Contents

Lavalanche! 2.5d (Map)

Reviews
09:52, 3rd Feb 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected Broken Rules: / Comment
Level 6
A bit unfair don't you think?

Nobody has no idea where they're going to get hit as well it is a very very simple map.... I don't even know if it should be counted as completed since it lasts a few minutes, maybe you should of put this in the map development section like everyone tells me.

Though this idea/map has potential to become longer and better and a bit more fun.

Level 6
I suggest adding a restart option and something new.... I have a example shown below for you to download and see if you like the edit I made, I don't take any credit at all because that would be rude so of course it is still your map just with some modifications. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Oh, also if you don't make a seven paragraph description with colors and detail and screen shots or video's and explaining everything as well giving credits to anyone helped or tested, this won't be approved and I know its unfair to work so hard just on a description but this is what people have told me and do you see me having any approved maps? ( It is because I didn't listen and decided not to work so hard but I did somewhat though never mind this. :goblin_boom: ) Only trying to help you since what I did failed and I don't want anyone doing the same thing over because it just upsets everyone and nobody needs trolls now. :ogre_datass:

If you need some screen shots just ask me and I could provide them, not sure if I could with multiple people but I could single player since I can survive until the volcano thingy.

:ogre_haosis:

Attachments

• (12)Lvalanche! 2.5bEdited.w3x
    26.4 KB · Views: 44
Level 9
Review

Ok, I've tried the map for about.. half an hour, a little more, tested all the different pandas and below is my review:

Fun Factor

Well, it was fun for about 5 minutes but well, I played alone tho, I think it'll be more fun if it's full house ^^
So, as a mini game I'll give it 3/5 in fun factor.
Heroes

Hrm, I noticed some errors on all the heroes!

Well this is not a real error kinda, I'm just annoyed by it...
You see that the Model effect is kinda up around his head on the Anti-Magic Shield, you should attach it to the "Chest" instead, or origin if that doesn't solve it!
153485-albums4327-picture41052.jpg

Also I thought like, wtf? I can use Anti-Magic Shield all the time, i'm invurnerable! But then I noticed it is destroyed if you take to much magic damage... So well, it's not as OP as I thought lol ^^

Hrm, I noticed that the speedy panda here had some messed up Hotkeys on his spells; For example the "Teleport" spells hotkey does not work.
It says it is "T" but it is "B".
And that brins us to the next spell, Speed Burst, which is supposed to have the "B" hotkey, but it does not have any hotkey!
153485-albums4327-picture41053.jpg

This might not be a real huge error, but it's an annoying one as hell!

Hrm, I've thought about this hero a little, his wind walk isn't very good, but sure it protects him against other fire heroes for a little while. Also I believe it's kind of Overpowered with his damage spells, decrease the damage they do, since you can almost kill off another hero with 2 spells... Though, the "Earth" panda can protect himself against this kinda attack, but the "Speed" panda is very screwed if the Fire one decides to kill him off, his divine shield does not last for very long :S
153485-albums4327-picture41054.jpg

(tho, Hotkeys worked on this hero! Yay!)

So, on heroes i'll give you 2/5, but i'll raise it to 4/5 if you fix all the errors/annoying things i've found :p
Triggers

I found some leaks, not major ones or anything but still, leaks.
For example, you do not use "Temp_Location" variables!

Also, the Volcanos does NOT show!
2/5 on triggers
Fix above and i'll raise it to 5/5!

(By the way, what's up with the pigs?)
153485-albums4327-picture41055.jpg

Terrain

Well, the terrain ain't the most beutiful, but it's because you need to move around alot :p so it's not bad for being a mini-game ^^

153485-albums4327-picture41056.jpg

So the terrain will not be rated by me because it's a mini-game, which does not have very detailed terrain at most times :p
Total

I'll give it totaly 3/5 for now, if you'll fix all above things i'll raise my rating to 5/5. Rating is based on this map being a mini-game.

Edit: Also I will approve when above things has been fixed.
Yours, Mumbis.

Level 5
If you dunno what to add to description you could:
-Tell us the spells of each panda and their stats(like hp since this a map which hp matters)
-Add screenshots(you need a bb code called img)
-For updates add a changelog(if you didnt updated then ignore this point)
-Credits(if you used someone else models or someone helped you)
I noticed some things need fix like mumbis posted so i wait until update, have a good day