1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

STARCRAFT RPG SOLO 2.5d

Submitted by abriko
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
VERSION 2.5 BETA 1.00 SOLO

GAMEPLAY : RPG-melee.

The capital city has sent you to a small peripheral colony in order to help the people and evaluate the situation. The city can't send more troops before knowing whether the situation is hopeless or not. You must help Captain Yan Canta and federate the resistance of the colonies into the region.

Choose a Heroe, protect the colony against Zergs, create an army and counter attack ! The zergs will suffer !

Marine Assault is a campaign map, first destinated to solo playing. The difficulty depends on the number of player, so you can play alone, with a friend or 2. The difficulty decreases if a player leaves.

About the 2.5, i listened all comments and think about it and i modified the gameplay, add a lot of alternate missions, secret places, liberty on the map, more easy item, a different ressource system, something to make the hero more resistant at start, a better ambiance etc...

Keywords:
Starcraft, Marine, Assault, Zerg, Terran, Acathla, RPG,
Contents

STARCRAFT RPG SOLO 2.5d (Map)

Reviews
23:37, 1st Aug 2008 Ash: This map is aimed at the Starcraft community and is, only in premise, very good. The main issues I have with the map is both the English and 'I-HAS-COOL-MODELS' syndrome. As opposed to beating around the bush, I'll just...
  1. Newuser

Newuser

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can you add more player slots, so there can be 4 or 5 players instead of 3? Fun map but, IMO, would be funner with more players.

2. Grishnakah

Grishnakah

Resources:
    Resources:
    what trigger are you using to get creeps/units to attack base. I had one that made them attack a invis unit in mid of map (like dota), but after awhile it would get killed (somehow), and then they'ed stock up in base. I fixed this by size the invis target from 1.00 to 0.60, and selection scale from 1.50 to 0.50. I also raised the health from 100 to 500000. If you're using the same trigger, do as I had done and you won't get a problem (unless their getting blocked by other creeps, then you will have to just lower the amount of creeps, or lower their collision size). Hope this helps.

3. NhazUl

NhazUl

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One of my favorite maps. The items, models, abilities, quest creativity - I love it all.

4. BG FIGHTER

BG FIGHTER

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is THE BEST RPG MAP I HAVE EVER SEEN

5. Ash32

Ash32

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very Nice Map.

6. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well since it turned solo player why not using all pretty models you made(veteran model gun x2 and Acathla UI for exemple).
    The overall gameplay is nice although I'm always ultra busy and chaotic.It's maybe intentional but unpleasant.
    Explosive ammo is a nice idea.
    And it's sad that some feather has been removed in this version.
    Beside that I found some bug.
    -The goliath doube hero hp even after goliath's destruction max hp remain as if it's still goliath hp;so if you buy goliath again it double again i did it 5-6 time and managed to have over 1000000 hp this way (very useful bug actualy).
    -With sion mao I had his ulti in goliath form and I manage to have an extra skill point having level-up while fire shield activated/disabled.Why not using cooldown instead of disabling the ability with trigger?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  7. abriko

abriko

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's now solo player but soon multiplayer, so i keep in mind the map weight.
    You are always ultra busy ? Hum you can make a big of the time you need between each mission.
    The bugs on goliath system has been repaired for the next version, i saw it today ^^
    You can take an extra skill point for fire shielf, the level will be correct when the shield is finished.

8. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have played this map and I must say that review is harsh.But then I am not moderator.
    I wanted to ask.Are attacks getting stronger by time or by by completing quests?
    It should be by time or people could just wait to get money until they have everything.
    Great map 5/5.

9. KuuKuuKachoo

KuuKuuKachoo

Resources:
    Resources:
    How do you find the last valve? I only found the one in the refinery and satellite

10. abriko

abriko

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is one on the refinery, one near the refinery and the third on orbital relay ;)

11. abriko

abriko

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here is the new and final version of the map :)

The only thing that could be improved is the language. I could do something if the main gameplay and bugs eradication are ok.

Do you think i should delete the map and recreate an entry on the database ? Because this version is very very different than the first one i uploaded here.. and the moderator review didn't talk about this version.

12. skys05

skys05

Resources:
    Resources:
    I Know i aint a moderator or anything high ranking but i have a few pointers. you can by chance lower the spawn rate such that it will be like a region spawn rather then a whole map spawn and goes all random running about.

the map is super nice i would rate the map and gameplay 5/5 but as for the lag .. That would be a big problem.

Since map weight is your number 1 priority, i would give this rather simple but also removes most of the fun out of the game, take a break off the custom skins, skills and doodads. its great to have customs things i know, but having too much could cause u some problems. Cause its like 1 custom model can take 300kb (MAYBE) but then throughout the game the thing only appears twice .. the point of the skin is just to take up space.

having the extra space you can expand from the inside, like a few quest? new items or add a few player slots.
    its one of the best starcraft map out there man .. you did great .. 3/5

13. abriko

abriko

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "a whole map spawn and goes all random running about." ... ? it seems that you talk about the version 1. Did you test the last one ?

14. HydraRancher

HydraRancher

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not the best RPG ever
    [-]The starcraft some terran buildings have the wrong model then in starcraft and I know this site actually has the correct models - I downloaded them.
    [-]no variety of zerg
    [-]single player
    [O]you must have put alot of effort in it
    [O]nice plot/storyline
    2/5

15. abriko

abriko

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "The starcraft some terran buildings have the wrong model then in starcraft and I know this site actually has the correct models - I downloaded them. "

Which model ?

No variety of zerg ? Lol ? Zergling+2 type of Hydralisk+Ultralisk+overlord+mutalisk+baneling+scourge ?

I think you played 10% of the map.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  16. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Add maybe infested terran?

17. skys05

skys05

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yep .. i did, as in reduce the spawn amount, that comes out for example at the helipad i think .. the last version i played it was overwhelmed with creeps that i couldn't even walk pass without killing all of them ..

and HydraRancher he did say he was going to try and increase the amount of players .. and not everything has to be By the book, corrects models would be nice but thn u have to consider the map size and map weight.

18. baboolaba

baboolaba

Resources:
    Resources:
    I realy liked the map good work on it cept for a few grammar errors, but one thing annoys me and that is the fact that teh solo ver is far better made then the multiplayer ver! its like your multiplayer ver is a abandonded beta for this >.> could you work on that one too cuz this map scheme is great just lonely ya know?

19. abriko

abriko

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:

You talk about the version 1 that it created 2 years ago.

People are wrong, thinking about starcraft world, there is only "Command center" "Barrack" "enginnering bay" etc.. My buildings are not trying to be those buildings !
    Can you imagine that there another things that the 6 or 7 buildings in the whole starcraft universe ? .... I put women and kids in my map, so you may say "hey there is no woman except kerrigan and no kid in starcraft !".

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  20. baboolaba

baboolaba

Resources:
    Resources:
    i just beat it a lil bit ago and i cant find the F'in ammo crates <.< oh and spelling and grammar errors are kinda annoying lol, also increase the players