• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with map downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So, I tried downloading a couple maps (i.e.: Medivh's Prophecy 2.5d, Fall of Lordaeron Final), and when I downloaded them, and tried playing in Custom, they didn't show up in my in-game map list. They show up in the WC3 map folder, but not ingame. I tried, redownloading, reinstalling the game, etc. Nothing worked.

Anyone know what seems to be the problem?

Level 27
The problem is quite simple. Firstly, you have to be sure you're having the latest version.
Secondly, try shortening the map names, like rename Fall of Lordaeron Final to FOLF or Medivh Propecy 2.5d to MP2.5
There is a strange bug in warcraft because of which maps with too long names just don't load.

Level 6
Yes, the long names is probably the problem. Definitely, most of the time, it is. Try shortening it, like tleno said.

Status
Not open for further replies.