• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Late Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well, i don't actually know if i can call this terrain, but whatever. This is my latest work called Late Visit.

*UPDATED*

Attachments

• LateVisit.png
    LateVisit.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 203
  • LateVisit2.png
    LateVisit2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Level 6
Late Visit

• Wow, this candle is able to light the complete room.
  • Looks to clean in my opinion, maybe add some spiderwebs with a small scaled spider in one corner.
  • No chair for the table?
  • No items to place on the bookshelf or at the right side? Flowers? Small scaled statues?

Only suggestions, nothing you have to do. :infl_thumbs_up:

I think it is great the way it is - the room is not to cluttered, and the creepy guy at the door remains a great point of interrest. Adding other characters would only ruin the atmosphere IMO.
The room being so lit adds to the "shit bricks" feeling that i like so much about this. It took me a few seconds to locate the "doorman", and the title made perfect sense.

The whole setting is somewhat constricting what you can improve though, i think you should continue on this "hidden scary face" concept in other terrains, and try to make it as hard to notice as possible - say, the classic scene where a group of villagers are having a good time in their cabin watching TV, the fireplace is lit, the room is well decorated and cosy, and outside the window there is this dark, red-eyed face. ;)

Level 6
Sound awkward only thing I would change is resizing the carpet, look too streched. The stranger with the red glowing eyes is awesome.
There could be a good but difficult improvement if you add a window at the right side and put a moon there shining in the room (dont know if it is possible) In that case I would dim the light source.

Level 36
That roof would fall down quicker than the man would be able to cross the floor. :p

Anyways, your terrain looks like one of those "done a 100 times before" terrains. Work at making it more special. I would suggest you use the fog doodad and spam it heavily at the back of the man entering the room, making it seem like there is a car or something standing behind him, so that he becomes a silhouette in the strong light, of course this would require some more light work IN the actual room to look good.

Else than that I would suggest you find some other models to use, and if you cant do that OR the former mentioned silhouette idea, I would suggest making the entire scene darker and more gritty, so that you cant see the stretched textures that well. :p
There is some awesome spider web doodads that can be found in _Ogre_'s map that would look awesome in this terrain.

Level 34
Indoor terrains are difficult. You need to get an angle that doesn't show people how horrendous wc3 textures can be at close range.

Level 6
Try changing lighting settings to underground in options.
I generally prefer that when focusing on shadows.
But that's just me ^^

Level 6
I really like that improvement, the rooms is now more
vivid and the man in the door a bit more visible.
Also the light fits much better. :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.