• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Land of Emerging Earths [AoS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Land of Emerging Earths[/FONT]

Welcome to the Land of Emerging Earths map Progress Thread on http://www.hiveworkshop.com

Credits

LoEE-Purity;
For starting this project and passing it down to me.

And everyone's skins and models i have used in the map.

Project Progress

Terrain : [][][][][][][][][][] 100%!!! :D

blue.jpg

Arctic Orders Terrain

redterrain.jpg

Demonic Plague Terrain

AllTerrain.jpg

BOTH

The Arctic Order

Heroes;

Arctic Sharpshooter: INCOMPLETE

Artisan: INCOMPLETE

Chilling Seer : INCOMPLETE

Cold Creature : INCOMPLETE

Fallen Blademaster : COMPLETE

Frost Entity : INCOMPLETE

Glacier Hunter : INCOMPLETE

Icecrown Lieutenant : INCOMPLETE

Mountain Dryad : INCOMPLETE

Polar Serpent : INCOMPLETE

Preserved Mountain King : INCOMPLETE

Revenant Captain : INCOMPLETE

Shapeshifter : INCOMPLETE

Shimmering Phantom : INCOMPLETE

Tidal Arcanist : COMPLETE

Unholy Ranger : INCOMPLETE

Yeti : INCOMPLETE

Gnomish Defender : COMPLETE

The Demonic Plague

Blood Troll : COMPLETE

Butcher : INCOMPLETE

Crazed Warlock : INCOMPLETE

Devil : INCOMPLETE

Devourer : INCOMPLETE

Fiery Conjurer : INCOMPLETE

Flesh Myrmidon : INCOMPLETE

Grunt Captain : INCOMPLETE

Infernal Huntsman : INCOMPLETE

Magma Fiend : INCOMPLETE

Mummified Visionary : INCOMPLETE

Nathrezim : INCOMPLETE

Necromancer : COMPLETE

Phantom Traveler : INCOMPLETE

Spectral Creature : INCOMPLETE

Titan of The Burning Legion : INCOMPLETE

Troll Hunter : INCOMPLETE

Wraith : COMPLETE

Heroes

6/36 16% [][][][][][][][][][]

All Triggers (not spells)

[][][][][][][][][][] 100%!!!

Units

[][][][][][][][][][] 100%!!!

Items

[][][][][][][][][][]

Features!

-Multiple Game Modes for a different play each time :D
-4 Lanes!
-Unique Items Heroes Terrain and Spells
-All customized!

Pictures are here!

Update: Chilling Seer's Spells were bugged starting him fromscratch again. pictures are here!And i changed the mushrooms to northrend trees with orangey tint like Pharaoh_ Suggested!

Hero Pictures :
BloodTroll.jpg
FallenBlademaster.jpg
GnomishDefender.jpg
Necromancer.jpg
TidalArcanist.jpg
Wraith.jpg

Last edited:
Review so far:
1) Terrain
I don't mean to offend you or something, but:
- Currently, terrain needs to be fixed. It has too many mushrooms all in a concetrated spot of the map (center), when the trees for the arctic order are way more. Why mushrooms vs. trees? You should have some Northrend trees instead with an orange color. The Northrend tree with color values "255/100/0" looks great, having a light added from the ground (considereing the lava as the source of light):

Example.jpg

Great, ha?
Tip: go to "Scenario" -> "Map Options" -> Use Custom Light Environment -> Dungeon or Outland, for better effect over the trees. [The images uses the Dungeon Light]

- Try removing those cliffs, they are just unrealistic, pathetic Blizzard's art and clumsy. You can make hills instead, with pathing blockers around.

2) Concept

Concept is just another One Force vs. Another Force, which refers to Good Force vs. Bad Force, as Lava = Fire = Hell = "Bad force", when Ice = Water = Source of Life = "Good force".

3) The heroes:
Why the Arctic Order should have this concept of heroes: Unholy Ranger and the Demonic Plague: Flesh Myrmidon? Flesh to demonic race? Wouldn't call that. Unholy in an ice concept force? Wouldn't call that either.

4) Try adding some new features. People will unconsciously compare this map with DotA. More info needed! Good luck.

Level 15
Please put the heroes and screenies in a
HTML:
[hidden=Whatever][/hidden]
tags. Thanks :D
Also, the terrain looks rather epic from far away. Probably because of the randomness in the tiles and stuff.
Mushrooms are fine, they look ok from what I see. Layout is not really balanced though, one team seems to have more mobility than the other. Too many cliffs for the Arctic side.

Looking good! Wish you luck!

Level 4
thanks for the advice i think the terrain and trees look fine as is but i will trim the mushrooms they are cluttered quite a bit and im still trying to work on different aspects of this map of what is going to make it different from all the other aos'

Level 4
Well i just made the Demonic Plague base a few days ago and the Arctic order is still in progresss i cant find the igloo model as the main structure.Also the units spawned i shall put up a screen shot.But from the arctic side are the magnataurs,tuskars and a frost catapault.From the demonic side are felhounds imps (custom model) and a redish type catapault.

I'm Also trying to figure out where to put the item shops i was thinking at the sides where the units spawn.But i'l see whatever works.

Level 7
- Try removing those cliffs, they are just unrealistic, pathetic Blizzard's art and clumsy. You can make hills instead, with pathing blockers around.

Hills with pathing blocks dont create the uphill vision restraint cliffs do, which is why maps use cliffs and not hills with pathing blockers. Playable terrain does not follow the do's and don't of purley aethetic terrain.

Level 4
im unaware of this because i did not do the terrain the person who handed me the map it was there when i got it so im not sure XD.If this is somones terrain im sorry and i give all credit to them if i knew them .

Status
Not open for further replies.