• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azeroth Wars Ascension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Azeroth Wars Ascension by Panther-Anthro of Clan KOSD on USeast.

Genre: Strategy

Number of Players: 12

Completion status: Early beta testing

About the map: Azeroth Wars Ascension takes place during the events of Reign of Chaos, up to the beginning of World of Warcraft. The map is a epic strategy map, and focuses on building your nation up, forging alliances, and waging war. There are many events that follow the storyline of Warcraft III, as well as alternate history events, and a intuitive event system that unlocks additional story arcs, or closes them if certain conditions are met, allowing you and the other players to 'forge' your own history.

Gameplay Features:

[*] No building farms, like other maps in the genre. You buy your food at town halls, and faction bases.

[*] No Lumber harvesting, lumber has been replaced with a new resource called Mana.*Mana is not in use yet*

[*] Countless Unique Heroes, and a faithful rendering of the Warcraft World

[*] A advanced income limiter system, which cuts down on lag, and makes for a fun balanced game.

[*] A focus on attention to detail in terms of hero and unit design.

[*] Multiple Text Functions to help improve the gameplay, such as -order ally, -camera, and -refresh.

[*] It's own website! Not to mention, a dedicated group of players who wish to help improve the map, for everyone.

[*] Made by a experienced map maker, for reference check Conflict for Sereg D`or *used to be hosted project on hiveworkshop(!)*

[*] Frequent Updates, and a active community.

Completion Status

Terrain: 12% Completed *100% filled out, but in need of major repairs*

Heroes: 89% Complete *A few revisions are needed atm, but not many also no reported errors*

Units: 20% Complete *Still rebuilding the unit and structure tech trees, but obviously playable atm*

Triggers: 95% Complete *Still looking for any missed leaks, but otherwise complete*

[*] Screenshots: Here are some photos of the revised terrain, check often for new pictures!

DalaranAWA20.jpg

Nazjatar1.jpg

TrollBase2.jpg

KulTiras1.jpg

TrollBase1-1.jpg

Latest Version Changelog:

-Reterrained Dalaran

-Reterrained Kul Tiras

-Reterrained Majority of Troll Bases

-Reterrained Nazjatar

-Removed Gnomergan, and Atal'hakkar temple

-Removed Jammal'an

-Minor changes to outland terrain

-Revised Kul Tiras Marines, and Sailors

-Fixed rangers costing wood, and ancient spirits costing wood.

-Made Kil'jaeden's dark summoning work on demons, but not workers.

-Reduced the cost of food to 50

-Fixed Ensnare costing wood

-Nerfed Tauren slightly

-Changed Model on Dalaran Dungeon Entrance

-Fixed various minor bugs, and did some code revision.

-Added in -camera command, to reset the Camera.

-Reduced starting Number of Units for Dwarves in Northrend

-Reduced starting Number of units for Naga

-Added in starting transports for Gray

-Reduced Dalaran number of starting units

Map Download

Soon to come: FAQ Section, and Comprehensive Hero List for Every Nation, as well as planned tech trees!

Contact Information:

MSN: [email protected]

Email and YIM: [email protected]

AIM: Warbossed

Website: www.gamerisle.org *Site Rank: Site Owner/Head Admin*

Other Projects: Ogre Battle, Conflict for Sereg D`or, and Bleach Royale*Work in progress name*

Feel free to leave comments or questions!

Note: Comments are much more appreciated on the website.

Level 24
Visually, the map looks beautiful. It's probably something I'd try to play if my comp could run WC3, because I'm sort of a naga fan. It looks like a sufficiently large and unopposed naga army would rape on that map.

Level 9
Thanks for the compliment, but I wish it displayed the entire screenshots, I guess I'll reformat them to be smaller next time. I'm going to release some new screenshots tommorow, I may do something like Quel'thalas.

Also, actually Naga are more so expensive, but the Naga also get the Highbourne, led by Prince Tolthedrin in the Ruins of Eldre'thalas otherwise known as Diremaul.

Level 9
Wow , This is much better than the old versions , Thanks for fixing this!

Well, I remade more then enough of the map, and I did get ganon to sign off as passing it onto me. So I was able to redo a lot of the map to make it that much better. But really, if theres one thing I'm happy is gone, it's broken English. I'm still working on cleaning up everything else though. But all the code is mine, even if it was rather pain-staking.

Level 10
The ideas sound awesome, but I've yet to see them in action, since I didnt play with it yet :p

Judging by the EPIC size of content, I'm really interested :)

Screenshots are awesome, I'm not even close to the level of detail in terraining :S

Level 2
Well I really enjoy playing Azeroth Wars, which is why when I saw this I downloaded it right away and went and hosted it. And I only found a few nameable bugs/errors.

One is that you can't really repair anything anymore, due to the lack of lumber. I.E. if a tower is getting attacked you can't have a builder repair it, nor can you have the Dalaran Golem creator guys repair golems, due also to lack of lumber (I was Dalaran when I tested because I wanted to test the terrain). I know you already said 'Mana is not in use yet', but I figured I'd mention this anyways.

The Towers to the right of Dalaran's Main base just imploded at the start of the game, the ones next to the Portal. And when I tried to rebuild them they just started building for 2 seconds then disappeared... So that's a bug that annoyed me for a good 20 seconds :gg:

Also the Trolls/Tauren don't have Jammal/Hakkar, but they claim that it told them that they needed to use Jammal to summon Hakkar. So I was a little confused as to whether you removed Jammal/Hakkar and just forgot to remove the text that talked about them, or if you just didn't have them in there, but want them in there.

I don't think anything else was wrong though, I really enjoyed the food function, and it worked just fine. I forgot to test -order ally, which I should have tested because if I would have my allies wouldn't have had to die, I'm sure it probably works though. -camera works though, but I didn't test -refresh either. I enjoyed the new terrain, keep working and I'm sure the later versions will feature extremely awesome terrain everywhere.

Level 9
Well I really enjoy playing Azeroth Wars, which is why when I saw this I downloaded it right away and went and hosted it. And I only found a few nameable bugs/errors.

One is that you can't really repair anything anymore, due to the lack of lumber. I.E. if a tower is getting attacked you can't have a builder repair it, nor can you have the Dalaran Golem creator guys repair golems, due also to lack of lumber (I was Dalaran when I tested because I wanted to test the terrain). I know you already said 'Mana is not in use yet', but I figured I'd mention this anyways.

The Towers to the right of Dalaran's Main base just imploded at the start of the game, the ones next to the Portal. And when I tried to rebuild them they just started building for 2 seconds then disappeared... So that's a bug that annoyed me for a good 20 seconds :gg:

Also the Trolls/Tauren don't have Jammal/Hakkar, but they claim that it told them that they needed to use Jammal to summon Hakkar. So I was a little confused as to whether you removed Jammal/Hakkar and just forgot to remove the text that talked about them, or if you just didn't have them in there, but want them in there.

I don't think anything else was wrong though, I really enjoyed the food function, and it worked just fine. I forgot to test -order ally, which I should have tested because if I would have my allies wouldn't have had to die, I'm sure it probably works though. -camera works though, but I didn't test -refresh either. I enjoyed the new terrain, keep working and I'm sure the later versions will feature extremely awesome terrain everywhere.

I already know about a lot of those bugs, and about the troll one. I just recently removed the Hakkar things, until their remade, and made accurate. Also, It was a bit of a problem for the re-terraining if I kept them in. *lack of space, in the off map areas*. Furthermore, yea I forgot to get rid of the lumber repair costs. IF you wanted to really help out though, posting at our forum is SO much better for giving feedback, and I'm really pleased that someone bothered to help out!

I was kind of sad that, I wasn't getting a lot of feedback on the other things, and I already tested all the commands, they should work. The portal thing, is to prevent portal blocking, I just forgot to remove it from that specific portal.

Thanks, a lot for the feedback, and I hope to hear more from you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.