• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lan Party!!! Ye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
computers.jpg

LAN.jpg

Check it out, although I still feel like I'm missing something, but what?

Level 2
Out of curiosity and interest, are you running any source ports, with or without any extra modifications?
Doom I have the doom 1 and 2 wad files and use zandronum to run it, doomseeker comes with it and lets you lan it. Doom is great cause there's so many mods.

Diablo II I use d2se which lets you play on any version and play with the must needed plugy mod.

Minecraft I use hackpheonix tekkit launcher which lets you play modpacks and without an account

Alot of games are "gog games" which is nice cause you don't need steam to play or lan like left 4 dead and grim dawn.

Open Rollercoaster tycoon 2 is cool cause it lets you play multiplayer rct2, I'm not to familiar with it but it looks like some hosted games have custom imported models

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I got quake 3 from a friend [...]
For the record, the demo version alone of Q3A is imho good enough for casual FPSing. Same with the demo version of UT99, btw.

[...] As for zandronum strangly when it was skulltag it came with all sorts of skins, I bet theres gotta be a mod for skins tho
I see there are not that many skins available in ZandroSkins. Therefore I highly suggest visiting The Epidermis Emporium, which is hosting skins compatible with Doom Legacy. For the record, the Yosemite Sam one is a personal favorite of mine.

Skins support for Doom source ports was first added in Doom Legacy v1.25 in 1998. Later, it was added to Zdoom (and its derivatives) as well. Any skin that is compatible with Legacy 1.25 should also work with Zdoom (and Zandronum) but the opposite is not necessarily true, because of any extra features added by these other game engines to the original Legacy skins specs.

I remember that a few skins in the Emporium are buggy (your game client will crash). Therefore, you will have to validate them before deploying them to your server. A basic check is to load a skin, launch a game, go to a third person view, do a full rotation and fire a shot. Also, skins that come as wad files should be put in a folder named Skins in your Zdoom or Zandronum folder, so they are loaded automatically.

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I use v1.26 cause its the only version other than 1.31 or reforged I happen to have floating around on my computers. Sometimes I lan 1.31 to test my map but its more annoying to do so
You may enhance your WC3 gaming experience with this tool. For the time being, I suggest to keep using v2.19, because removing (parts of) the console/interface works with this version.

Out of curiosity, what Switch are you using? I only see your electric cat on the photo...
:wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.