• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Enhanced LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
My idea (Yet something I can't do because I just don't know how) on what a really, really, really, useful tool idea would be is an Enhanced LAN tool. A tool that makes LAN games more entertaining. Many things can be enhanced with LAN games and we all know that. But one thing I want to have fixed is Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne's LAN limits. Pretty much the big thing that I really want to enhance is the filesize of maps allowed on LAN games. It'd make map testing much easier, LAN parties bigger, and give people a chance to make GOOD quality mods into multiplayer ones.
I think there is a way to change up the LAN limits somewhere in the MPQ or something, but I havn't found it.
Please, I'd like to see a tool like this out. :)
-Craka_J

Level 8
Iv heard of a server program thing called "hamachi", i hear with that the map limit is limitless.
Although i have no idea how to use it and such, but i hear the people at wc3c have some knowlege of it.

Indeed ... it's Hamachi ... it creates some kind of LAN ... so you won't play via Battle.net ... it's fine to play in groups and everyone can HOST via hamachi, cause you got LAN ... so no problem with it ... the only problem there may be ... you'll connect to other PC ... so you are getting avaible to any kind of attack, like virus etc. ... so keep this LAN (Passwords/Server) clean, give the password only people who you can trust ... any further information to Hamachi, just google it ...

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.