1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Resolved] Campaign over LAN?

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by Rhorhan, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it possible to play the campaigns with a LAN cable connecting two laptops? My sister and I really enjoy playing the game and having battles over LAN, but can we play the campaigns as well? And what would be the best way to launch the maps?

2. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can. Just Warcraft 3.

3. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    :D Great! So when laptops connected we can just launch campaign like a normal custom game? Thanks for help Rheiko!:goblin_yeah:

4. unrealek

unrealek

Resources:
    Resources:
    Correct

5. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Having a problem... Human campaign- 01 is the only one working. Yet all maps are in the same folder. Any idea what's going wrong?

6. unrealek

unrealek

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not sure, I can confirm all the human maps work fine as I have played through them last month

7. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Are you using the latest patch? Do you have multiple copies of the same map anywhere in your maps folder?

I have heard of this bug a lot but have yet to find a reliable fix. (Well, I havent really been searching for one)

8. Minotaur

Minotaur

Resources:
    Resources:
    The maps for me at least, work with 1.26.

9. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I downloaded the latest ones and I do have a copy of all maps in a download folder. I just copied maps over into my designated warcraft folder. Do I need to delete copies?

10. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You could try it, I remember that maps with the same filename and different contetns would throw you out of the lobby but that may have been when you try to join rather than host. Still, worth a shot I think.

Also, what exactly is the problem? Are you not able so see the maps when trying to host or are you getting kicked out after you host?

11. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    When I select create game, select campaign map, I get sent back to create/join game screen. I'm working on Frozen Throne in LAN section, where you can create a game to host or join hosted game. Only the first human campaign worked and allowed the map to be created, further allowing player 2 to join. I will try removing copies of maps, see if that works... Should I also add any screen shots of the problem?

12. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually you can't.
    Campaigns are limited to 1 player, you need an edited 2 player version. There are some of those in the map section.

13. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, try adding Warcraft III as an exception in you Firewall. I've heard that it is blocked by default

14. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    • Please don't double-post. We have the Edit button for a reason. See the site rules §1 for more information.
    That is what I'm having trouble with. I've downloaded the 2 player campaigns but they aren't working.
    Haven't tried that, but will give it a go.

Alright, nothing is working, so next best thing... I think I'll just try downloading campaigns again, I'll delete the ones I got, and see if the new ones work.:) Worth a try, I suppose? Anyway, thanks for all advice guys. Really appreciate it :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2016
  15. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    So far only the Sentinel campaign is working, the full campaign at least. Still only first map in human campaign and for some odd reason only the 2nd map in orc campaign. Nothing of undead works.

16. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tried switching back to path 1.21b, and I got similar problems as you. I assume you are on some old patch, so make sure that when in the main menu the number in the bottom right starts with a 1.26 or 1.27 (lower versions may not work)

17. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Also, for your information. Both Warcraft (yours and your sister's) must have the same version or else you won't be able to play LAN.

18. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, using 1.21b. Both of us. So how would we change this? would we need to download an updated version?

19. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You just need to download the patch from somewhere (or update via battlenet). Or you can use some version changer in case you need to go to a a previous patch, I use ReplayKit because its fast and easy to use (+some options for viewing replays)

20. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gismo359, you are amazing:goblin_yeah::goblin_jawdrop: Updated with patch 1.27 and it works perfectly. Would not of thought about updating game. Thanks for all the help man. ++rep