• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign over LAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is it possible to play the campaigns with a LAN cable connecting two laptops? My sister and I really enjoy playing the game and having battles over LAN, but can we play the campaigns as well? And what would be the best way to launch the maps?

Level 4
:D Great! So when laptops connected we can just launch campaign like a normal custom game? Thanks for help Rheiko!:goblin_yeah:

Level 4
Having a problem... Human campaign- 01 is the only one working. Yet all maps are in the same folder. Any idea what's going wrong?

Level 4
I downloaded the latest ones and I do have a copy of all maps in a download folder. I just copied maps over into my designated warcraft folder. Do I need to delete copies?

Level 19
You could try it, I remember that maps with the same filename and different contetns would throw you out of the lobby but that may have been when you try to join rather than host. Still, worth a shot I think.

Also, what exactly is the problem? Are you not able so see the maps when trying to host or are you getting kicked out after you host?

Level 4
When I select create game, select campaign map, I get sent back to create/join game screen. I'm working on Frozen Throne in LAN section, where you can create a game to host or join hosted game. Only the first human campaign worked and allowed the map to be created, further allowing player 2 to join. I will try removing copies of maps, see if that works... Should I also add any screen shots of the problem?

Level 4
Please don't double-post. We have the Edit button for a reason. See the site rules §1 for more information.
Actually you can't.
Campaigns are limited to 1 player, you need an edited 2 player version. There are some of those in the map section.
That is what I'm having trouble with. I've downloaded the 2 player campaigns but they aren't working.
Actually, try adding Warcraft III as an exception in you Firewall. I've heard that it is blocked by default
Haven't tried that, but will give it a go.

Alright, nothing is working, so next best thing... I think I'll just try downloading campaigns again, I'll delete the ones I got, and see if the new ones work.:) Worth a try, I suppose? Anyway, thanks for all advice guys. Really appreciate it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
So far only the Sentinel campaign is working, the full campaign at least. Still only first map in human campaign and for some odd reason only the 2nd map in orc campaign. Nothing of undead works.

Level 4
I tried switching back to path 1.21b, and I got similar problems as you. I assume you are on some old patch, so make sure that when in the main menu the number in the bottom right starts with a 1.26 or 1.27 (lower versions may not work)
Yeah, using 1.21b. Both of us. So how would we change this? would we need to download an updated version?

Level 4
Gismo359, you are amazing:goblin_yeah::goblin_jawdrop: Updated with patch 1.27 and it works perfectly. Would not of thought about updating game. Thanks for all the help man. ++rep

Status
Not open for further replies.