• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't play any custom game downloaded from Hive Workshop. (Game version is 1.31)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm having trouble connecting to my friend and vice versa through LAN. It kicks us both out into LAN menu. Please help me :(

Details worth mentioning:
We both have exactly the same version - 1.31
We can play basic game together using LAN without a problem.
We can play Blizzard-made customs (Like Skibi's TD) without a problem.
I can launch the Hive Workshop customs solo.
The problem happens for every custom downloaded from Hive Workshop. (for example Archon campaign)
We see the lobby when we try to connect, it just kicks us both out when we click it.

We both tried running it as admin and disabling firewall. Perhaps we need to adjust some very specific settings?

Level 29
You should not make a thread separately. There's a thread about 1.31. You might want to write there or maybe a moderator will move your post there.
Also, you might want to check out this thread if you still can't play the game on LAN:

Level 2
Make sure you both have the same map, so the person joining doesn't have to download it after joining. Also make sure the file name of the map is the same. Sending a map over discord will put "_" where spaces should be, which will count as a totally different file/map.
I fixed it. The problem indeed was as you suggested. To those that might find this thread in the future. Make sure that you both have all the maps you plan to play exactly in the same directory with exactly the same names of files.

I made additional sub-folder in /Maps for all the maps regarding same genre (co-op) while my friend threw it all right in the /Maps directory.

Thank you DaneTheBeast :)

Status
Not open for further replies.