• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple downloads of the same map even though the map is exactly the same (LAN, Hamachi)

Level 3
Hi Hive,

1: I was last in the LAN (Hamachi) with Warcraft version 1.27. As soon as someone hosts, the map is downloaded by all other players. The problem is that it downloads again every time. We had all 3 people host and the result was always the same: the existing map was downloaded again every time. What can you do to prevent yourself from having 20 copies of the same card at some point?

I read in the forum that with version 1.29 the storage location of the maps is generated under Documents/Warcraft. We deleted the folder for all players in the network including the 1.29 version so that all players only have the 1.27 version.

2: Although the maps are very small >3 MB, downloading takes a long time. All players have good computers and a very fast Internet connection. It almost looks like you're back in 2014 where you can drink a coffee while the connection slowly downloads the map.
I'm happy about any help. We can play together but it's quite annoying and wastes unnecessary time waiting.
The same applies when we do a real Lan without Hamachi.