• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with loading a lan save

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, this thread is my final effort to figure out how to solve my problem please help if you have any clue
It is me and two others trying to finish this map, Sunken City, and as we need to save it to continue playing it on another day we encounter this problem:

Host creates the game lobby from saved file and then anyone who joins wants to take the first player slot which in this case is the admin... the one in charge of choosing difficulty, lives and so on; and that is regardless if this is actually his slot to take or he began the game filling another one.
it wouldn't be much of a problem if we were only two... but since we're three there are two joining players both who wants to fill in the first slot. what happens then is the first slot gets filled and the third guy gets kicked out of lobby as he joins because his request to fill the first slot cannot be answered.
Doesn't matter who hosts the game and which save file is being used, that is just the expected behavior.
even when we begin with only two players (on slot 2 and 3) the lobby made from saved file shows only those two slots to get filled but the joining player joins the lobby with his arrival message being logged but his slot remains Open... yes he has filled in the first slot which is not even shown here and in game the options made for first player to choose from becomes available for him to select however with no effect on doing so

We're using patch 1.29.2.9231 with map version of 2.4.4b
we tried 1.29.2.xxx public test and another 1.29.1.9xx if i remember correctly.
we also tried it on another map(Anime X Hero v3.8) same problem showed up

This fellow seemed to have the same problem back then with less information on what's going on

Oh... and i maybe should mention we're connected using hamachi. I also have tried playing this map before with one of these two and one other when 1.29 was new, again with hamachi, and the only problem which kept us from finishing it then was that the save files kept on getting corrupted.

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
After seeing the two videos linked in the thread you mentioned, Duty, I seem to get vague memories of encountering this.

I have few things to say:

1) I have my doubts that this is a map specific issue. This is, in my opinion, a warcraft 3 bug where files get corrupted.
2) It's been a long while since the last time me and players from my Discord server actually used the default save/load system, because it was disabled until further notice with Reforged.
3) Because of 2), the few times I've encountered or heard about this are at least 2 years ago. I do remember that this was indeed somehow related to save files getting corrupted and I don't think Sunken City was the only affected map.
4) My guesses would be either the LAN service provider (Game Ranger/Hamachi/etc) are somehow responsible or Warcraft 3 itself.
5) When it comes to save/loading, these are very unfortunate times as longer maps which were not designed to utilize Save/Load systems suffer greatly from the disabled default wc3 saving. In your case, having gone back to older patches and using LAN, does give access back to the default wc3 saving, however I am afraid that there is not much I can do here. Even back when I first ran into this, it was quite rare, it wasn't happening all the time.

Do you encounter this issue every single time you try to save/load Sunken City?

I'll ask around in my server if anyone has more info about this and will keep you posted.

Level 2
Neither i came to this conclusion that it's a map specific issue since "XHero Anime" came up with same results. I just mentioned all i knew

Do you encounter this issue every single time you try to save/load Sunken City?
Yes

So, many people have fully experienced this map without running into problems with LAN saving system on some v1.29 patch back then?

I'm grateful for the attention

Level 2
Since one of us gave up on it now we're doing it with two as Naga and warlock on heroic hard. So we're not suffering this problem anymore and are at late game... pretty powerful to push even alone and unstoppable as two after a difficult start, very fun game. it's a pity we're limited to few hero options who can work as two though, wished to go through this map allover again with different people and different heroes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.