• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 and Gameranger issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello. Since neither my friend nor I can host in bnet due to router problems, we took to play on LAN with tunngle. Now since the EU is a piece of shiet, tunngle had to shut down for good. That was a while ago. Now we tried Gameranger, but both of us have the same issue: Gameranger doesnt recognize Warcraft 3.

We tried to manually add wc3 to the game list, but when selecting both the normal .exe and the launcher .exe, Gameranger gives the Invalid Selection error. I have looked around quite alot, but none of the solutions actually did anything.

Im wondering if anyone here had the same issue and found a fix for it?

Level 1
I have no idea where to look that up. I found GameRanger - Supported Games , but it doesnt say anything about versions. Im assuming ever since they combined roc and tft into one exe, gameranger wont work with it anymore? But I saw plenty of tft rooms open. Guess those are old ripped versions, then.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hmm, doesnt do the trick for me. Im on the newest patch, 1.30.0.9922. I made a copy of the .exe and named it Frozen Throne, then tried to select it via edit>options in Gameranger.
I get the "invalid selection: Please choose the game application for Warcraft III : The Frozen throne." error.

Level 2
Hey, guys, I managed to fix the error by running the "Warcraft III Launcher" and selecting repair.

After it completed, I reopened gameranger and It instantly detected the games

I also emailed gameranger support and was contacted by Scott. He told me that he released an update a few days ago that added support for 1.29 and 1.30, so it should be working for us.

The exe for 1.30 is "Warcraft III.exe".

I hope it helps

Edit: The error was the one of Invalid Selection.

PS: If I made some grammar or spelling mistakes, 1 - i am not a native English speaker but appreciate the feedback 2 - Its late but wanted to help with this one, so my mind is in mode: write fast and go to sleep motherfucker its 1 am and you get up at 7:30 :'(

Level 4
Yep. All players must have it.
i have tried to play it with my friend, but as soon as he joins my game room it closes.
when i try to join his room, it disappears and all buttons become grayed out. after a while, it gives me an error message that says "unable to join specified game" or something.

EDIT: turned out we just needed to have the map downloaded

Last edited:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

i have tried to play it with my friend, but as soon as he joins my game room it closes.
when i try to join his room, it disappears and all buttons become grayed out. after a while, it gives me an error message that says "unable to join specified game" or something.

EDIT: turned out we just needed to have the map downloaded
Yes, all players must have it. Btw, please join my server if you are interested, we do use Radmin as well to play. :D The server link is in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.