• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hey folks of the Hive. I just want to know, to your knowledge, was there ever a Wc3 patch where you could save a multiplayer game using the -cont

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey folks of the Hive. I just want to know, to your knowledge, was there ever a Wc3 patch where you could save a multiplayer game using the menu save/load and rejoin with all the same people and it would work without crashing/other major bugs/not working in the first place? Was that ever an intended feature of Wc3 at all?

I ask because my brother is a big fan of the map 'Northrend Bound' and he's bummed that there is seemingly no way to save a game mid way through since his computer has a habit of crashing. So he wanted me to ask you guys about it. Myself, I just kinda gave up on trying to fix lan connectivity issues years ago. If it works, great, if it doesn't and trying again/a couple other easy to check possible causes doesn't fix the issue, oh well, lol. Though the save/load question might not be related to lan connectivity.

Anyways, no harm in asking.

We play on the 1.31 ptr by the way, which I know has issues, but I want the 24 player colors and true widescreen without having to play Reforged, which I do not ever plan to buy.

Hey folks of the Hive. I just want to know, to your knowledge, was there ever a Wc3 patch where you could save a multiplayer game using the menu save/load and rejoin with all the same people and it would work without crashing/other major bugs/not working in the first place? Was that ever an intended feature of Wc3 at all?

I ask because my brother is a big fan of the map 'Northrend Bound' and he's bummed that there is seemingly no way to save a game mid way through since his computer has a habit of crashing. So he wanted me to ask you guys about it. Myself, I just kinda gave up on trying to fix lan connectivity issues years ago. If it works, great, if it doesn't and trying again/a couple other easy to check possible causes doesn't fix the issue, oh well, lol. Though the save/load question might not be related to lan connectivity.

Anyways, no harm in asking.

We play on the 1.31 ptr by the way, which I know has issues, but I want the 24 player colors and true widescreen without having to play Reforged, which I do not ever plan to buy.
It was a working feature back years ago, but has not last few years (1.31ptr, 1.31 or newer).
I think it worked in some version of the "modern updates", but cannot say much more than that.

Level 2
It was a working feature back years ago, but has not last few years (1.31ptr, 1.31 or newer).
I think it worked in some version of the "modern updates", but cannot say much more than that.
Huh, well thanks, it's good to know that it was even a working feature in the first place. It sounds like you're saying it can be found in older patches before whenever it was it stopped working, plus possibly a more recent patch? Are you referring to the Reforged patches?

Huh, well thanks, it's good to know that it was even a working feature in the first place. It sounds like you're saying it can be found in older patches before whenever it was it stopped working, plus possibly a more recent patch? Are you referring to the Reforged patches?
Early days of 1.32 it was still broken. No idea if it's fixed since I don't really care about that patch or reforged.

Yes, 1.30 or earlier it worked. I've heard people saying that 1.28 is very sable, so it's likely to work at that if 1.30 or 1.29 doesn't work.

Level 2
Early days of 1.32 it was still broken. No idea if it's fixed since I don't really care about that patch or reforged.

Yes, 1.30 or earlier it worked. I've heard people saying that 1.28 is very sable, so it's likely to work at that if 1.30 or 1.29 doesn't work.
Okay, thanks a lot for the info!

Okay, thanks a lot for the info!
Ohh, and one more thing.

Each player can only save once per "session".
To save more, you have to load the game, then each player gets one more new save.
This is an anti-spam-save feature, similar to the "pause" limitation.

At least this was the case in the very old patches.

There is a "unlimited LAN saves mod" that I used 10+ years ago that did just what it said

Level 2
Ohh, and one more thing.

Each player can only save once per "session".
To save more, you have to load the game, then each player gets one more new save.
This is an anti-spam-save feature, similar to the "pause" limitation.

At least this was the case in the very old patches.

There is a "unlimited LAN saves mod" that I used 10+ years ago that did just what it said
I'll have to google that mod you mentioned, see if I can find it. I guess I also should start looking into how to have multiple different versions of Wc3 on the same computer so that I can play on different patches as I need. I've never really looked into that before, I wonder, would a version of Wc3 have no trouble communicating with another Wc3 on like, virtual machines or something? Just something I thought of since I vaguely remember reading someones comment saying that was a way to have separate Wc3 versions on the same computer sort of, I'll look into it I guess. Though now it's starting to get into that complicated set up territory that gave me headaches years ago trying to make Warcraft work the way I wanted it to lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.