• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to allow play through LAN maps which are big?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm sure you cannot do such thing.
However...there could be hacks/tweaks on the internet that could do that.

Level 17
Well, it seems your map is still to big then.
Do you have music in your map that increase the filesize?
If so I could reduce it's quality so you have more space.
Next check if you have models/skin you imported that you can miss, by using the old skin or a blizzard model.

Sometimes you'll have to give up on certain things.

Level 9
i dont have any songs there, and all models are needed for my map :/ i made High Elves Race to play. everything is completed... :/ worked on map more tahn 48 hours totaly and now i found out its not playable, cuz i had to remove computers to allow the custom race selection and was for the LAN with friends. and now i cant play that through LAN too -.-

Level 12
Hacking won't solve anything, really. It'll only cause problems in the long run...

The short and sweet of it:

It's been said, but you got to get rid of the models/skins. However, try also making the map a smaller size (instead of 256x256, make it 192x192 if map size isn't too important).

Other than that, you're pretty much screwed if you don't sacrifice something.

Status
Not open for further replies.