• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lag from autocomplete

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

The autocomplete in Sharpcraft has worked fine for months. Now all of the sudden, it causes extreme, unusable lag when typing anything. I don't think I changed any setting, it just started happening. Anything I can do about this?

I have it turned off now, but I want to use this feature.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Map independent. It happens in any map - even just pressing New Map and making a custom script trigger, it lags.
For example, I type the word 'scope' and it takes 1-2 seconds to show up.
Windows 10 OS

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Unfortunately I am using the most recent version right now, so I can't update.

Level 14
Map independent. It happens in any map - even just pressing New Map and making a custom script trigger, it lags.
For example, I type the word 'scope' and it takes 1-2 seconds to show up.
Windows 10 OS

Do you use the default options for autocompletion/styles etc.? Does the lag also occur if you use CTRL-Space instead of typing?

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I reset all the styles, so yes it's on default.
When I press Ctrl+Space it takes about 0.5-1 seconds to open the menu. A little less lag than typing, but still unusable.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I tried to re-download sharpcraft a few times to no effect.
However, today I just re-installed WC3 and that did fix it.
So it seems some kind of setting in the WC3 world editor itself was the issue. I have no idea what it was, but I am just glad the autocomplete's working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.