• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

reducing lag issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hey guys, i have been working on a map for some months now but recently i have encountered a problem; the game begins to lag badly after about 45 minutes. this lag is not related to connection speed, and i'm pretty sure it's caused by the CPU having too many operations to handle. do any of you know what things might cause something like this? i'm currently going through my triggers and doing whatever i can to reduce lag, but if there is something that REALLY causes lag i'd be interested to know what it is. thanks.

Level 5
a question about scripts

i have this script here i'm not so sure of. i want to prevent a leak, and i'm wondering if calling this script will destroy point1.

Set point1 = (Random point in random mobs 3 <gen>)
Unit - Create 1 Black Goblin for Player 12 (Brown) at point1 facing Default building facing degrees
Custom script: Call RemoveLocation(udg_point1)

also, do i need to do this to prevent a memory leak from point1? thanks.

Level 5
whoops meant to post that on the main board. thanks for the help ramza, the leak checker is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.