• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kul'Tiras Peasant & Militia Re-Reforged

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.

KUL'TIRAS MILITIA RE-REFORGED

In terms of fighting potential, militiamen are a step up from peasants — they have answered a call to arms and have gathered in the Town Hall, where they received armor and weapons. Beneath the leather and steel, however, they are still the same untrained farmers and laborers. Peasants become militia only when their commanders are desperate.

The model was developed by @Barorque and myself for Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged. When using this model, it'd be great if you linked or credited @InsaneMonster's and CSW's project as well.

INSTALLATION
To import the peasant model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: KulTirasWorker.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTirasWorker_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTirasWorker_hair_diffuse.dds, KulTirasWorker_main_diffuse.dds, KulTirasWorker_main_ORM.dds, KulTirasWorker_main_normal.dds
To import the militia model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: KulTirasMilitia.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTirasMilitia_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTirasWorker_hair_diffuse.dds, KulTirasWorker_main_diffuse.dds, KulTirasWorker_main_ORM.dds, KulTirasWorker_main_normal.dds
Update from Fugrim:

The models look remains the same but with a few improvements:
  • For Milita:
    • Fixed all the new visual collisions between armor components / edited the sword and shield to remove visual collisions between parts
    • Added a dagger in the back
    • New animations added:
      • Cinematic Listening One / Cinematic Standard One / Cinematic Standard Two / Cinematic Walk One
      • Stand Defend 1 / Attack Defend 1 / Walk Defend 1
  • For Peasant:
    • Fixed all the new visual collisions between armor components / edited the sword and shield to remove visual collisions between parts
    • Added a new hammer for construction work animations and updated the animations
    • Added animation movements to the head cap.
Hope you enjoy!
All feedback is welcomed.
Previews
Contents

Kul'Tiras Milita (Model)

Kul'Tiras Milita Portrait (Model)

Kul'Tiras Worker (Model)

Kul'Tiras Worker Portrait (Model)

Level 5
@Mr Ogre man / @Barorque , it's nice you made the Tirassian Militia, there are just 2 or 3 small points that I would like to address, if I may:
  • First of all, the most important: @handclaw , will handmade icons come soon? With standard Human Team color (Blue)... hopefully?
  • Same questions about Kul'Tiras buildings, many of their icons are still missing.
  • You may tell me that I repeat myself but once again, these two models lack "real" Team Color texture and I think it would have been more interesting to apply team color texture instead and instead of the dark green color characteristic of the Tirassians. After all, Ku'Tiras kingdom also features several sub-factions with different team colors.
  • Another detail (more insignificant in appearance but which is not for my old War3 fan's heart) that I find unfortunate and which ruins the Militia model a bit... it's basically the same problem as with the basic Militia model: the bloody sword! I would have really hoped that you would equip him with an ax as in the old days, which would make much more sense for a simple Militia than a sword, the first being very easy to obtain, actually, it's a basic working tool for any Peasant, while a sword is expensive to manufacture and maintain.
P.S. : Will you do special models for Kul'Tiras Dwarves / Gnomes units? And for the "Elite" Kul'Tiras units?

@Mr Ogre man / @Barorque , it's nice you made the Tirassian Militia, there are just 2 or 3 small points that I would like to address, if I may:
  • First of all, the most important: @handclaw , will handmade icons come soon? With standard Human Team color (Blue)... hopefully?
  • Same questions about Kul'Tiras buildings, many of their icons are still missing.
These were outside the budget and therefore weren't commissioned.

Level 36
  • You may tell me that I repeat myself but once again, these two models lack "real" Team Color texture and I think it would have been more interesting to apply team color texture instead and instead of the dark green color characteristic of the Tirassians. After all, Ku'Tiras kingdom also features several sub-factions with different team colors.
  • Another detail (more insignificant in appearance but which is not for my old War3 fan's heart) that I find unfortunate and which ruins the Militia model a bit... it's basically the same problem as with the basic Militia model: the bloody sword! I would have really hoped that you would equip him with an ax as in the old days, which would make much more sense for a simple Militia than a sword, the first being very easy to obtain, actually, it's a basic working tool for any Peasant, while a sword is expensive to manufacture and maintain.
P.S. : Will you do special models for Kul'Tiras Dwarves / Gnomes units? And for the "Elite" Kul'Tiras units?
You should check these here Kul Tiras Forces (CSW)

Not changing the sword; it's a matter of readability and of similarity to the source model (it is a scimitar now, though).
All models have Team Colour, they simply wear dark green clothes alongside it, similiar to how High Elves or Blood Elves wear light blue and red armor.
The elite kultiran captain is already made by CSW. Not planning to do much else for now, but I recommend changing the Riflemen for Mariners (the ones with spears), Priests to Hydromancers, Sorceresses to Tidesages, Spellbreakers to Marines (the one from CSW), and this cannon for the mortar team. No idea what could you replace gryphons or dragonhawks for, though.

Level 5
All models have Team Colour, they simply wear dark green clothes alongside it, similiar to how High Elves or Blood Elves wear light blue and red armor.
The elite kultiran captain is already made by CSW.
@Mr Ogre man I didn't say they don't have team color textures, I said they have few, as well as too much dark green color (ordinary texture), which leaves little room for other team colors (than Dark Green).
Not planning to do much else for now
For now but later, I hope you'll make custom models for the Storm Towers and the Wave Towers?

I recommend changing the Riflemen for Mariners (the ones with spears), Priests to Hydromancers, Sorceresses to Tidesages, Spellbreakers to Marines (the one from CSW), and this cannon for the mortar team. No idea what could you replace gryphons or dragonhawks for, though.
What?! I hope this is a joke?! Why would you want to replace the Tirassian Dwarfs and Gnomes as if they don't exist?! Revolt!!!

===============================================================================================

From what you said you wanted more units so I pointed to those
:mwahaha: Precisely, I want more models... in addition to those already created and available, also, there are still units and buildings from Kul'Tiras (among many others, Blizzard having once again botched the job :thumbs_down:) that didn't get their own models.

===============================================================================================

These were outside the budget and therefore weren't commissioned.
Oh no, please @handclaw , come on, at least the Peasant, the Militia and the Sanctum need to have icons. :sad:
Even if you don't make these, there must be someone else who would agree to do it?

Level 12
I would maybe experiement with a thicker brush for those tattoos. They look good, but such small and precise details look weird on a model that is 1cm tall on the screen. That left arm has more detail than his entire garb.

Level 18
Hi there!

This is what the model looks like after importing it into my custom campaign.

Please note that I also imported every other "Kul Tiras" units from the pack you made for CSW as well as the Re-Reforged ones.

Only the Re-Reforged ones are having issues (Mariner, Militia and Hydromancer), all the other work perfectly.

Is there something I'm missing, or are the models having an issue?

Thanks in advance for your time and sorry to disturb you with a mundane issue like this one.

1701884752917.png

Level 36
Hi there!

This is what the model looks like after importing it into my custom campaign.

Please note that I also imported every other "Kul Tiras" units from the pack you made for CSW as well as the Re-Reforged ones.

Only the Re-Reforged ones are having issues (Mariner, Militia and Hydromancer), all the other work perfectly.

Is there something I'm missing, or are the models having an issue?

Thanks in advance for your time and sorry to disturb you with a mundane issue like this one.

View attachment 456163
Yes.
Please set the correct paths for the textures
These have custom textures and are not directly set with the name

Level 18
For the two other models it worked.

But I'm having a hard time with this one, what am I doing wrong?

(I tried on a brand new empty map)

(the peasant / worker isn't working either)

1701892277249.png

1701892289613.png

1701892305171.png

Last edited:
Level 36
For the two other models it worked.

But I'm having a hard time with this one, what am I doing wrong?

(I tried on a brand new empty map)

(the peasant / worker isn't working either)

View attachment 456170
View attachment 456171
View attachment 456172
Ok...so please listen.
When you download a model you will also receive a Readme
In there you will also be given informations about the models that you downloaded
In the Readme you can find the paths for the custom textures
1701967064015.png

Level 18
Works fine and accordingly, very well made model. Also perfectly fits the rest of the Kultiran Roster :)

Sorry for the troubles and thanks for taking the time helping me out.