• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kobold Tunneler

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
In the depths of the mines, the Kobolds work tirelessly, skilled in extracting precious stones and rare minerals. They dig intricate tunnels and underground galleries, zealously guarding their findings from intruders. These diminutive beings are known for their dedication to mining and their cunning in navigating dangers in the depths of the earth.

Credits to Ujimasa Hojo, creator of the base model.

This is the first time I have published a model, it's simple but you have to start somewhere.
Contents

BTNKoboldTunneler (Icon)

Kobold Tunneler (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Please add an in-game screenshot of the model and try to optimize the model by fixing the Sanity Issues. This tool might help.
Level 11
i like the alternate animations, but weapon should be hidden at the start and end of the "attack alternate", you might also make it a bit faster
I'm very sorry, but unfortunately, I don't know how to do that. The alternative animations came with the model, but if you can help me with that, I would be very grateful, or if not, could you recommend me some tutorials to be able to do it.

Level 11
That is a very fine and simple model edit. I like the little additions you did and the alternate animations are pretty cool.
But this model needs some serious work to fix the issues and lots of optimization. An in-game screenshot would be nice.
I already have the screenshot, but I want to redo it because I made the same model but with a variation, and I want to add two more models. I don't know how to optimize the model, but could you give me some advice or a brief tutorial on how to do it.
Lovely, however, I think either a texture rework and/or model editing could be done for further differentiation as this one will surely get lost among the original game Kobolds when many on screen.
I don't know how to make textures, but I recently made a variation of the model by changing the texture of the backpack to another from the game.
Nice! I wasn't exactly sure what you changed, but I love the Alternate anims for him digging underground to move & attack & all that.
I didn't edit the base model much, I just tweaked the mapping a little, and added other components like the helmet. I modified the shape of the beak and added other things.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't know how to make textures, but I recently made a variation of the model by changing the texture of the backpack to another from the game.
Yes, you can simply get creative with ingame textures, wrapped properly in various places.
But yeah, along with that editing the model is much more versatile.

I already have the screenshot, but I want to redo it because I made the same model but with a variation, and I want to add two more models. I don't know how to optimize the model, but could you give me some advice or a brief tutorial on how to do it.
Make sure to check your model with this tool and you can try to optimize it with this tool and maybe even linearlize the animations to reduce the size of the model.

Level 11
Please add an in-game screenshot of the model and try to optimize the model by fixing the Sanity Issues. This tool might help.
I am going to add the screenshot when I update the model, which will be very soon because I have made 2 other models that are 2 workers, but what I am missing is to create the work animation. As for optimizing the model, I have a problem because I use my phone to publish, and when I use the tool, I can't do anything, but I will use my laptop to see if I can use it.

Reactions: ILH