• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Klayton's Doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well, this thread is mainly just for opinions on my doodad sets I am making. I will be separating them by category. My first being the Fel doodad pack, and after that then whatever I think I should do next or whatever people following this thread think I should do next. Anyways here are the two first models from the Fel Doodads. I will be posting pictures of the models on the comment after the ones I attach models to because in my Blood Elf doodads thread I attached both pictures and models and some of them started being deleted because of the file size limit..

Also if there is enough people saying I should submit a set to the model section then I will.

Fel Doodads

Attachments

• Fel Doodads.zip
    57.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Level 10
Fel Doodad pics

Archway is done for best results test it ingame.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 343
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 416
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Level 10
Cool stuff.

so you got tired from Bloodelves huh?
anyways yaour statue with shade model on it will be my late valentines date cause i love it
you know why i like you? "no" because you make WC3 models Look like WoW
Thanks lol :) I am glad ya like it.

Cool pics, haven't seen anyone make a greenish-fel doodad set before. =)

Also to everyone I am sketching up ideas for these because I don't really have references to look at this time so, it may take me longer to figure out what I am doing next.

Level 21
I'm not a really big fan of Fel stuff, but the doodads do look amazing.
Oh and for your Blood Elf Doodads, I suggest doing a High Elf remake then making a pack for them as well.

Level 10
I'm not a really big fan of Fel stuff, but the doodads do look amazing.
Oh and for your Blood Elf Doodads, I suggest doing a High Elf remake then making a pack for them as well.

I'll think about it but, I most likely won't though if I do I won't be submitting them as a pack. Thanks for the compliment. Unless you need them for your project then I can just do color swaps and pm them to ya.

Last edited:
Level 6
Wow, there are has fel doodads creator yeah!
Cool, more smothing the pool? Maybe, increasing the circular vertex to more smooth circle pool :D.
10/5 :D D D D
Please, make more :D.
This is only high resolution fel doodads is see before :D
Nice job's. Go up to stream :D

Level 21
I'll think about it but, I most likely won't though if I do I won't be submitting them as a pack. Thanks for the compliment. Unless you need them for your project then I can just do color swaps and pm them to ya.

Just wanting you to know that I got the doodads you sent me Klayton and thanks for doing it for me. I'll give you credit for it and still good luck with your Fel Doodads now.

Level 10
Okay guys I have been trying to come up with a good idea for the next model but, for some reason my imagination lately has just gone kaput. So, if somebody has some concepts they'd like to share or something to help me out it would really be appreciated....

Level 10
Klayton, i told you your models will get approved :D
Indeed you did :)

Undercity.jpg

Can you think up some ideas for this at all?

Thanks for the picture. I'll look up some more and come up with something eventually, for some reason I just can't get my imagination going. It seems like I do this a lot when I am trying to draw or make models. For some reason my mind just goes blank....

Level 7
well klayton u can remake a new model using your blood elf doodad as a base.Example the archway.Maybe u can put some fel magic rune into archway turn it into fel elves archway.

Level 10
Okay guys I finally came up with an idea for the archway. The arch part itself is two hands clasped together in case you can't tell. Also this is just a WIP so don't freak out about how I haven't changed the columns lol don't worry I will.

Edit: A bit of an update I edited the vertices of the arms making them look thinner and more skeleton like. Also I made the middle of the columns. Now to decide on what exactly I am going to do about the base and top of the columns.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    795.2 KB · Views: 213
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    636 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Level 18
Nice, especially the columns. However, the hands don't look so demonic. Try to make them more gnarled and they should look more menacing, as if they are to grab the person walking below the archway. Something like this:
stock-photo-2959537-hand-grabbing.jpg

Oh, and then the two hands could be reaching for/clasping a green gem or something.

Last edited:
Level 10
Nice, especially the columns. However, the hands don't look so demonic. Try to make them more gnarled and they should look more menacing, as if they are to grab the person walking below the archway. Something like this:
stock-photo-2959537-hand-grabbing.jpg

Oh, and then the two hands could be reaching for/clasping a green gem or something.

I actually would like to add one but, I am not quite sure how many polys my model has so, I want to wait until I find out to add something else.

Okay guys. I am not very educated in the technical area of modeling so, are faces the same thing as polys? Also here are a couple pics of the (probably) final version.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    690.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    647.8 KB · Views: 151
Level 10
Hey everyone I apologize but, I have stopped creating models. I am just bored of it and there isn't much else to it. I will upload my fel doodads and if they are approved then great but, if not, I won't be updating them. Sorry guys but, I just think it is time to move on...

Level 21
Thanks warlord.
Also, thanks to everyone else who followed my model threads.

No problem man, and I'll make sure to credit you for those High Elf models you recolored for me. Have fun Klayton and your models were awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.