• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

King Varian Wrynn

As you all know I already uploaded some versions of Varian Wrynn model. I wasn't proud of any of them. I just didn't like them, both mesh and animations wise.

With more effort done I finally made another model of him, now based on the in game models to fit as much possible to in game models.

Without Direfury's help this model wouldn't exist. Give credits to him aswell if you use this model. I used bones and animations from his "Pale Emperor" model.

A bit late, but I'd suggest some icons that'll look handy with this model made by @Murlocologist :
Varian Varian
Another icon I'd suggest is BTNVarianWrynn by @Scias . Many thanks to him!

Update:
Added a custom textured variant of Varian model. Many thanks to @~Nightmare for the texture and give credits to him too if you use this model.
Previews
Contents

King Varian Wrynn (Model)

King Varian Wrynn Custom texture (Model)

Reviews
PROXY
Review: Awesome looking model, very true to his wow appearance while really having that wc3 look. A few clipping issues here and there but nothing too major. Works ingame. Approved.
Level 50
Superb!! GJ (also what's going on lately? these last month i've seen more warcraft characters on the model section than ever ♥♥♥)

I am sick these days so I stay at home and make models. I'm also on vacation now. I have just one more exam. :D

It looks like Walk and Walk Fast were switched up. You may want to fix that.

Yeah, about that, I switched them on purpose. I think it's more fitting because of other in game heroes; they all have 'running' and not 'walk' animations.

Really neat model! I like it.
I can almost see the pain in his eyes, the anxiety for the invasion of the Legion, a premonition of death, worry for his son...

e45993b02b74.png
LOL, why do people always use my models' faces to freak me out in the comments. :p

Level 6
Why Varian have a native - american skin color ? He is white like Arthas , Uther and all humans in WC universe.
latest

Level 17
well quality 4/5

but i see him to BIG for a human after all his chest i mean :C and a bit too much brownish compared to wow and the pic i saw up there.

Level 30
Yeah, about that, I switched them on purpose. I think it's more fitting because of other in game heroes; they all have 'running' and not 'walk' animations.

You can actually use both animations.

The Pitlord uses this 'Trick'.

In the Editor you have 'Walk speed' and 'Run speed'. If 'Run speed' is greater than 'Walk speed' then the Unit will automaticly run. If the Unit is hit by a slowing spell or frost spell, then the Unit switches to 'Walk' and therefore will be slower than if the Unit is running.

Level 50
You can actually use both animations.

The Pitlord uses this 'Trick'.

In the Editor you have 'Walk speed' and 'Run speed'. If 'Run speed' is greater than 'Walk speed' then the Unit will automaticly run. If the Unit is hit by a slowing spell or frost spell, then the Unit switches to 'Walk' and therefore will be slower than if the Unit is running.
Actually that's a nice idea. I didn't knew about that until now. But I don't know, I'll just leave it as it is.

Level 8
The model is really good looking! However really as previously mentioned his skin tone should be lighter. Also his armor is very neon blue, why not make it darker? He would look more like in the trailer; more badass :p

Level 10
the color scheme of that new BEAUTIFUL texture kinda look dark-ish.
and you're gonna make anduin cry for such an awesome work lol