• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kangaroo Rat

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I pretend I can model but I really can't.

A simple desert rodent critter (rat / mouse).

The hind legs/feet kinda go out of whack in the 'walk' animation, but I really don't have the capacity to fix it.

The wrap on this thing took me forever... When I finally got it perfect I realized I had completely screwed up the mesh because I kept using the 'decouple' button to make my life easier with UV mapping in MDLVIS without realizing that would screw up the animations... So after fixing it and crying, I rewrapped it again but much more simply. Any advise//tutorial suggestions would be appreciated.

You don't have to give credits, I think that's dumb, but I'd appreciate any comments/feedback/hatemail.

Updated 5/25/17: Changed internal file name (I swear I did this before...) and added a game/portrait camera

Updated 9/28/17: figured out how to manipulate mesh/verticies with extend in MDLVis so gave it depth (backbone and a face like shape instead of just a triangle) and an animated tail. Still can't animate well- sorry.
Previews
Contents

Kangaroo Rat (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
This might be a neat idea, but the execution is quite bad and the texture looks stretched. Some people might find use for it.