• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kael Model import issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello my name is Vanza, and first off, thank you for having me on this forum. Sadly I have a problem I hope you all can help with. I apologize if this is not the right sub-forum for this, but it seems to be correct. I don't like starting off asking for help but it seems I'm left with no recourse. I am rather new to Warcraft 3, and I like the idea of being able to rename units, import skins, and even change and alter models. Sadly I've had no luck with the latter.

I've been trying for the past few days to get a model to load in the World Editor. I had an idea to use Kael/Hero Blood Elf's model in a gimped form, as a prisoner having been caught by some orcs or what not for a story idea I was playing around with. (probably rework it into some other character and not Kael, he's a tad too powerful for that. LOL)

I managed to get the texture itself/blp file (bloodelfhero3.blp) to display on the Blood Mage/Kael, in testing and in game. So I don't think it was a texture issue.(Textures\Hero_BloodElf.blp) worked just fine. But the work I did with the edit model doesn't show up.

I've read various tutorials, removed the "warcraft3 imported" bit from in front of the path, I've saved and closed, reloaded the editor. I've looked for every tutorial I could find on importing models and I've had no luck getting it to work in game. The model appears invisible. Again this includes save, re-opening the World Editor. It includes removing the imported path from the front of the model.

I don't know if it is an issue with the names I saved the model as, or some other form of corruption.
I am including a rar.file here with a few various and the skin. I know there are alot of skilled modders and model creators here. I do hope someone can help me out, because I've tried everything and it feels like I'm running into a wall.

I apologize in advance if the mdx files seem a bit unorganized, but I am extremely new at this. I thank you all very much in advance, one way or another. Perhaps I can learn something from this even if the issue can't be directly solved.

Thank you.

EDIT: I managed to figure it out, going through things step-by-step. It seems it was based off the textures applied to the model in the mdx file. And it seems to have been a possible naming conflict as well. Whatever the exact reason I mostly got it to work. It's nothing stellar but I might try to upload it...sadly you really can't twist model's arms behind their backs without REALLY messing up the model itself.

Also had to make a new portrait file, but it seems to work in game nontheless.

I want to thank everyone who looked or even considered doing this. I really do appreciate any time that was considered on it.

Again, thank you.

Attachments

• tiedkael.rar
    838 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.