• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just how Powerful is your Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
This is a thread I started for fun, post here a screenshot of your computer's specifications and compare it with others!

I would recommend using Speccy, it's a wonderful tool.

Here is mine:
PC%20Summary.jpg

Level 21
i have several computers. 2 pcs with intel core i7. 1 have 12 gigabytes of ram and the other have 16 gigabytes. the strongest have a gtx 650 ti boost graphics card with 2 gigabytes of ram and the other have an nvidia gt 630m with 2 gigabytes of memory. my strongest graphics card is nvidia geforce 660 ti but that is in a pc with intel core 2 duo. (the one with i7 dont have enough power connectors.)

Level 15
The build itself is not quite finished yet. Still have to get another pair of ram sticks (local distributors are reliable as hell), replace the GPU with GTX 960 or 970 and probably get a Asus Xonar D2X or Asus RoG Phobeus, since getting a Essence STX soundcard without a dedicated AMP would be a waste.

The CPU is running at stock clocks, though i did manage to pull off a stable 4.6Ghz/1.25 overlcock. CPU is cooled with CM Seidon 120XL closed loop water cooler.
Ram is actually Hyper Beast 2133Mhz 2x8Gb, but I keep it at 1600Mhz since lower CAS latency has slightly better impact on games than a slightly higher speed (it mere percents and doesn't make much of a difference).

The stuff that's missing on the speccy follows:
Screen: Toshiba 42HL833 (42' FullHD TV, looking to replace it with 4K next year due to massive price drops on 4K TVs).
Speakers: Genius 5.1 4500 (125W - good enough)
Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX brown switches)
Mouse: MX Revolution (Yes still dragging that thing)
Mousepad: Roccat Alumic (Best mousepad in the world by far)
PSU: Chieftec Nitro 2 750W (SLI capable ofc)
SSD: Kingston Hyper X 3K 240Gb
HDD: WD Green 1TB 7200RPM

And a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet which i commonly use to remotely access my PC and play a bit of XCOM from time to time.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 379
Level 15
Why do these people think their computer are better than mine
attachment.php

Hah, beat Pentium 4 2.4Ghz (130nm), 768mb DDR1 333Mhz ram, GeForce MX 440 (I also have a ATI Radeon 9550 GE, that thing managed to run WC3 at 1080p at 30+ fps, most of the time)and two almost dead 60Gb maxtor drives. No PC case tough, it met an untimely end. xD

Level 34
Here's my beast. Prepare to be jealous of its mediocrity.

Can't remember my PSU. 600 Watts I think.
Antec 300 Case
Some random $20 mouse that would be great if it was just slightly bigger. I also have a Logitech m500 mouse plugged in near my TV.
Onn keyboards (wired on desk, wireless under the couch for the TV) Note: What's the deal with expensive keyboards? What do they do?
Logitec z2300 speakers (amazing speakers for 2.1 audio)
Cheap Logitech headset (best bang for buck, better than most of the gaming ones like razer and steel series)
Wired 360 Controller plugged in by the TV

I think that's about it. I've stopped buying electronics and upgrading my computer. Life costs too much. :p

Attachments

• specs.jpg
    specs.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 122
Level 15
i am planning to get a 6 core i7 when those pcs get cheaper and also 3 nvidia geforce 660 ti so that i can run 3 way SLI unless i find a cheaper solution. the problem in norway is that the cheaper parts shops got closed or merged.(to create megashops)

Umm, you are aware that GTX 760 is a rerelease of 660ti with slight improvements not to mention that GTX 8xx gpus are supposed to get announced in march, so far it's known that GTX860 will have 5gb of vram.

About 6 core i7s, you should only consider 3930k and 4930k, but their price wont drop any time soon. Though my suggestion would be to wait for Haswell-E edition i7s, because those are supposed to be the first true 8 core desktop cpus (i am well aware of AMDs fx 8xxx cpus, but those are actually quads with cores split into modules).
Note: What's the deal with expensive keyboards? What do they do?
Mechanical keyboards justify the price since they are significantly more expensive to produce and much more comfortable to use that membrane based keyboards (but then again not everyone notices the difference and wants to pay extra for it). There is also a wide range of switches those keyboards use, so you can pretty much select them based on the force that is required for pressing it and if its depression is linear or tactile. Some switches are relatively silent like MX brown.

Level 21
the problem with modern graphics cards is that they cost 4000 crowns or more. the cheap shops in norway is no more so the best way to get good power for a reasonable cost is to use 3 way SLI with nvidia gtx 660 ti. (3 times 3 gigabytes of ram is 9 gigabytes of ram. 8 if i use my 2 gigabytes card with 2 3 gigabytes cards.)

Level 15
SLI only uses one card's memory, so 3 cards with 3gb is still going to be 3 gigs in SLI.
Yes theycost more buttheyend up being more cost effective since the increase in performance usually outweights the price. Just take a look at gtx770 vs 680.

Level 23
you know, this nice baby cost me like 85€, and also it payed dad :D I have no income yet :/

and just checked the webpage that has all shops with given product in SK and CZ, and noone has Q6600 anymore :D so cant even check price

Level 15
could be :D but also, changing to anything than AM3+ or compatable socket will mean another 60+€ down the sink for Motherboard, and this is still in waranty, it is not even 2 years old :/

Im not saying that you should do it (though AM3+ allows you to use 8350 and 8320 amd cpus. My point was that intel CPUs are much more popular than amd.

Level 15
I know, because they are generally more powerful, but also quite more expensive :/

Well, deppends, at the moment intel cpus have smaller litography (22nm comparing to 32nm), lower power consumption, thus lower thermal output, which also results in them being easier to cool, so in the end they pretty much pay off the difference in price with lower electricity bills.
Advantage of amd is the power/price ratio, but then again their cpus only went up in power consumption during last couple of years (for example am3 - 125w, am3+ 140w, am3+ (for fx 9xxx cpus) has staggering 220w tdp, comparing to that, intel lga1155 has tdp of 95w and even then the most powerful cpu for that socket draws 77w.

Well, attached is my office computer...

on home I only have a laptop that is

RAM: 3GB DDR3 (I think)
CPU: i3 2.3 GHz?
GPU: some ATI with 1GB RAM

I don't really need anything much more powerful than that at the moment... which is why I'm not aiming to get any higher comp in the near future unless something makes me need to... I'm a huge fan of not getting anything that I don't really need... (My phone for example is a cheap (less than $150 full price, but I got it on sale which made it less than $100) one since I only use it for call/text/minigames/music/alarm/browsing)

Attachments

• raaa.PNG
    raaa.PNG
    23 KB · Views: 72
Level 23
Well, deppends, at the moment intel cpus have smaller litography (22nm comparing to 32nm), lower power consumption, thus lower thermal output, which also results in them being easier to cool, so in the end they pretty much pay off the difference in price with lower electricity bills.
Advantage of amd is the power/price ratio, but then again their cpus only went up in power consumption during last couple of years (for example am3 - 125w, am3+ 140w, am3+ (for fx 9xxx cpus) has staggering 220w tdp, comparing to that, intel lga1155 has tdp of 95w and even then the most powerful cpu for that socket draws 77w.

well yea, but if you dont have 200€ immediately on hand, you just cant buy it :D even if it saves you money in the long run :/

but you didnt notice how beautiful graphics card I have :D

Level 15
well yea, but if you dont have 200€ immediately on hand, you just cant buy it :D even if it saves you money in the long run :/

but you didnt notice how beautiful graphics card I have :D

There are cheaper intel CPUs, though only the ones that are overclockable have the K suffix.

For the grahics card, i guess it's pretty. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.