• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just an (unrealistic) idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Well hello there!

My question is if it is possible to make a map.. sry not a map but a project in which many players can explore SEVERAL maps?
Like in the bonus campaign with Rexxar.
I would like to know if that's possible. The idea would kinda be like making an oRPG with the wc3 editor.. I bet there would need to be some changes in the program etc.
And of course that ''thing'' wouldn't work on Bnet but on an other serverhost.

Cheers!

(pls no answers of ppl who just ''rate'' the idea!!)

Level 13
yes you could do that connecting maps it is what some people are doing with project i believe because for the amount of size there saying i don't think you could fit that all in a 256x256 so this question is a YES.

Level 15
well, there is no way to connect several multiplayer maps, as i know.
maximum map size with cistom editors is around 420x420.

however, you can use save/load code to emulate linked maps

Level 6
well, there is no way to connect several multiplayer maps, as i know.
maximum map size with cistom editors is around 420x420.

however, you can use save/load code to emulate linked maps

he was asking if you could make a campaign map, where maybe you're in one map, then when you enter a portal you go to another one, then when you go back to that portal you go back to the map that you were in before.

I think it's possible because i remember something while reading tuts in WE where you could make something like that(but only in single player)

Level 11
Playing campaigns online isn't possible. Only way would be to use save/load systems to restore heros/data from another map in the current one.

Level 23
Indeed. BTW, there is a trigger you would like in Solar Conquest.
The map is devided into several squares(planets and one for space).
When you are on one of them, the minimap shows you only that part of the map, and your screen cant get through the end of this square.
Perhaps this is a trigger you need?

Level 6
When you are on one of them, the minimap shows you only that part of the map, and your screen cant get through the end of this square.

Too bad the map you're provided with is too small it's no that fun.

Possible is divide 1 map into 4 areas. and the camera cannot move out of bounds in 1 area of the map. if you go to another map, the camera bounds will stay there.

Level 11

Can you get that trigger? I would love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.