1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Map Idea! LoaP/ORPG

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by Citatus Nim Totren, Apr 7, 2010.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. ++ It's Legend-wait for it...-DARY!

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. + It's a good idea.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I'm not too sure.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. - It's a bad idea.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. -- Horrible. Period.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Citatus Nim Totren

Citatus Nim Totren

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I was thinking, I really like ORPG's and I really like LoaP's, so does anyone think it's a good idea to make a LoaP/ORPG map? I've started an ORPG, but it's not too late to make it a Loap/ORPG yet. Thanks for the feedback.

2. Shaki

Shaki

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not only yes, but HELL YES. I feel 1305% the same way. -1305% +25%.

3. Blizard Of Oz

Blizard Of Oz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its a pretty good idea. Just dear god make sure the terrain is original and actually worth looking at lol.

4. Herian

Herian

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Blizard Of Oz : What can a terrain do without a good gameplay? Nothing. I got a beautiful terrain, but a very bad gameplay. Will it make a good map? No.

Back to topic : Hmm, I feel like it's a bad idea. LoaP is already a RPG, you know. It just doesn't have a save/load system. And it will be really hard to make all the buildings built, units, etc on the save/load.

5. Shaki

Shaki

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think he meant you can set up a character and job and what not. But you can load all that. Also making it with the classic RPG elements.

6. dead-man-walking

dead-man-walking

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not so awesome and not so original. There are LoaP Maps with heavy RPG elements already.

7. Herian

Herian

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with this.

8. dead-man-walking

dead-man-walking

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, for example, Fantasy Life.

9. Herian

Herian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fantasy Life is not a LOAP version. Fantasy Life is an RPG with no save/load that gets boring after getting best items while you are a slayer.

10. krisserz

krisserz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Sorry but I don`t think another LoaP is really needed...

11. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with everyone else, bad place to post the word "LoAP" everyone here including me basically hates the map and postings of it.

12. Herian

Herian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not really hate, but it just became old-fashioned.

13. Blizard Of Oz

Blizard Of Oz

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Herian
    Dont get me wrong I know gameplay is important. I'm merely pointing out that two thirds of all loap maps use the same terrain. Also, visual appeal must always be avaliable. So I agreefully disagree and I think you were looking at my post the wrong way.

Also, I agree, when I said it was pretty good idea, I meant it had potential. But its going to take alot to make this game enjoyable. It's gotta have new features, and upgraded versions of the other games. Lots of systems and junk. So going forward, either work on it so much that your so proud of it and whatever, or just don't.

Perhaps I'll give you a few pointers or ideas if you are really planning on working on this really really hard.