• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 2
-same as -1/1 isn't it?
-eggs?
-" troll cease to do anything until he can not command" WUT? o_o
-n/a
-flowers grew well... don't know what is wrong
-n/a
-n/a
"nepriyaemlimoy" Google, it's all true! ^_______^

P.S. Didn't watch replay or play own game for checking bugs again o_O

Level 1
Глупый ГомикМаг, меня не интересует твое мнение. А если уж ты хочешь что-то сказать, можешь сказать это лично, найти меня не сложно. Если бы ты это написал для того, чтобы как то помочь (в чем я сильно сомневаюсь), я бы сказал спасибо, а если ты это сделал это из-за своей пидорской натуры (к чему я более склонен), то проподи пропадом гнусный высокомерный ублюдок.
P.s. надеюсь ты перестанешь как девочка удалять мои сообщения :(

Level 11
Delusion, thanks for the bug reports and the suggestions!

- The plague effects (and of all diseases) actually depend on difficulty level. As I remember, Plague normally should do 1 damage per second.
- The alligator hatchling is no longer tameable, but the alligator egg is. You should find an egg.
- "...troll cease to do anything" - you mean he cannot be given other orders?
- Disappearing tamed animals - if they grew old and their mana became 0, it is normal.
- I have used herbs in version 4.6 and they worked. Please be more specific.
- Full inventory problems can be solved by implementing a newer version of the stacking system, but I have suspicions it causes some bugs. I should test it out some more :(
- There is no gameplay difference between level 2 and 3. They are all adult animals and cannot be tamed - just level 3 is usually an old animal, which will probably die by aging (when mana becomes 0). Anyway, rotten animals do not age.

- About the count of animals - yes, you're right. I'll do something to make it harder, but not by putting limits.
- About game goal - well, this is the big question. The initial goal is to defeat or survive over the other tribes. Do you think the game should just end there? Or I should just put a big sign reading "... tribe WINS!".
I would make a multiboard, but I have a certain technical problems with that. Instead I made the achievement system, which is being improved now.
- Is the Shaman doing so much damage with the mining pick? All weapons damage depends on troll's basic melee damage, and the Shaman has the lowest damage rate. And since wands and staves now give a 10% bonus to ability criticals, I think the pick isn't overpowered at all compared to them.
About the Arcanum books or shield - well, I think the Shaman should be more like a support unit, which doesn't do big damage like the Inventor, isn't tough like the Warrior and doesn't create an army or traps like the Hunter, but he can do everything mentioned. And he can help the whole tribe or hinder the enemy with damage over time spells. The matter of playing a Shaman is finding a way around, not directly relying on protection and power.
- The daggers and the spears have a natural improvement without the help of Inventor: they can be envenomed.
- About the Fishing I tend to disagree. If you build your village near water, fishing will provide you with unlimited amount of food, especially at nights, when wandering around in the Jungle may be dangerous. Well, I don't play too often, but in one of my last games I did fishing a bit and when an enemy came to our base with a huge army of bears, we used a stone wall to protect us and fought back behind the wall. But it turned to be a real siege: we used up all the food and we were starving to death. So I was really sorry there was no water source behind our walls - I would save the whole tribe by fishing :)
The Mask of life was a bit improved and in version 4.7 it will be craftable also by Alligator Egg.
- About visible totems after all players are dead - this is a great idea! It will be done.
But will it be enough?
I'm also worried about game length and any ideas how to generally improve this aspect are welcome. The only solution I have for now is to improve and test out the option for changing tribe. I think I have a good idea how to do it, but we'll see.

Level 1
about finding totem it should be not difficult since there is soul map which locate the dead and the living, the dead will be nearby the totem
or maybe make it a separate mod that reveal the totem, coz placing a totem in a good hiding spot is a strategy aswell, except there is some bugged spot where the totem cant be reached

Level 2
tree seed gold abuse

This is a trick discovered by Gold_Miner.
Here is a replay in which i made 370 gold in the first day by selling tree seeds.
To make 5 tree seeds you need 1 greatest elixir and 1 wood(14 gold total). When you sell 5 tree seeds you get 35 gold.
In a recent game i played, i used this trick to get gold for the tribe by using hawk to carry gold and greatest elixirs.After i made ~400 gold, every time i bought something from the shop severe lags followed.
To balance this out , tree seed shuld be sold with 2 gold each, to acurately reflect its value.14 gold produces 5 seeds. 5 seeds shuld be sold with 10 gold.

Attachments

• tree seed gold abuse.w3g
    50.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Level 11
Oh...
Maybe by setting the price I haven't taken into account the number of charges.
It will be fixed (easily).

I'll be in hospital for a few days and if I'm okay after that, I'll have more free time to develop the new version. Except for fixing bugs, I've got in mind a few improvements.

Level 2
I'm sorry to hear that you are in the hospital.You sound serious about it though. Whatever it is I hope you get better

Level 1
hello good morning
I have a question for you
I'm living in Latin America Argentina
I'm a fan of jungle trolls reborn
nesesito know how to open the map because I want to translate it into Spanish
Latin American People could easily play
could you please tell me how I open the map so I can translate it into Spanish for ombuserver which is the server where jungle trolls usually played reborn!
I agree if you are once you complete the map, you could send it to you to the posting form what I want is a thank you load the image
I hope your answer thank you very much

Level 2
I'm happy to hear that the operation went well.Look at it this way, since you are the troll god, you have a natural ability to regenerate injury realy fast :)

Good news : the game is actualy very stable, albeit the ocasional error, game last 20+ days easy with no errors.Yesterday we played a 35+ day game.

Rotten bear and rotten boar are not immune to malaria, they are immune to plague though.

I've been using the fishing pole extensively lately and its a lot of fun, and usefull.I remember the shock when i caught my first alligator :D
I remember that in the older versions you could catch a murlock when fishing, now in 4.6 i've never caught one, and i've tried hundreds of times.Is it still possible to catch the murlock?

I have an idea about the strong fishing pole(aligators, giant turtles,imperial crabs) should ONLY be caught with strong fishing pole,as a normal fishing pole would break under the weight of such a heavy animal.Currently strong fishing pole catches the same creatures as normal pole but with slightly different chances.

Also , i've noticed that lvl 1 creatures cannot be caught with fishing.I could be wrong, but i think that this is in order to prevent hunter from getting too many pets.I don't think it would be a problem to add a chance to catch a hermit crab, especialy that since the random spawn system, hermit crabs are extremely rare(crabs are weak and require enormous mana to grow anyway)

Speaking of crabs, i remember in a game that ppl were talking about a "crab overlord" and i asked them "wtf is a crab overlord", to witch they replied " a crab overlord is a hunter with too many crabs" i rofl then and i thought that this could actualy be an achievement.

And (i'm so excited about this one :D) .While using Strong Fishing pole in deep water,
there is a very VERY small chance to catch a hydra hatchling(lvl1), so hunter can tame.Balancing the hydras stats might be difficult so i'l leave that to you.Suggestion :Its abilities could be regeneration and/or slow poison and/or poison skin and/or paralise poison.slow attack speed, average melee damage(like boar) good hp.

Level 11
I'm happy to hear the game is running well :)

As for immunities - thanks, I have taken into account your report. I have reworked the whole immunities system. You have helped a lot for that!

Level 1 creatures can actually be caught by fishing, there is not such logic for not allowing the hunter to get tameable animals. Why not? But fishing in JTR is very advanced system. The fishing result depends on location (shallow water, deep water, waterfalls, piranha pools, hot water), on chance and even on climatic changes (raining improves some of the results).
If you want to catch crabs (uh, how it sounds!) and to have chance for catching a froll (murlock model), try fishing in hot water ;)
Also there is a special location: the only deep water source between the Old troll and the Troll Merchant. It isn't much different, but it has balanced chances for a good catch.

I will not make more difference between fishing poles, although there is logic. But it would be very disappointing experience for the player. And actually there is already a chance to "lose" the fish which depends on fishing skill and fishing pole.

As for the hydra... Heh, I'd do it, but I'm considering this a fun part... Not allowing myself fun untill I fix the f***ing bugs :)

Last edited:
Level 2
I want to write this down before i forget.
Malaria is not contagious.The malaria parasite can only be spread by mosquitoes, or blood transfusion from an infected person.One does not get malaria simply by being near an infected individual.
So, since in JTR malaria seems to be the same disease, then it would make sense not be contagious.

Level 1
book of ressurection is OP, should be removed or give it some charges.
it can used by any troll, and can be abused by killing teammate and revive him, then give the book to someone else and then kill another one, and repeat it until u got tons of skull
imagine with that we can get +100 stats
note: my friend told me about this, and i havent checked it actually, forgive if there is any mistakes.

Level 2
Few ideas and notes:

First, im not certainly sure, but i think that rotten trolls are not immune to malaria either (not certainly sure).

Second, i got an idea:

You could make some advanced uses for the troll blood samples, for example, they could be brewed in cauldron in combination with some other items for advanced potions, like for example plague cask (crafted with one blood sample and one rotten meat in cauldron, infects targeted troll with either malaria, or 10% change to infect him with plague).

Continue with your good work, JTR is still my favourite WC3 map :D

Level 2
I saw a sheep in the game. First time i ever saw smth like that.I"M NOT joking it was a SHEEP.It was near the troll merchant.It was small, had 15 hp. I saw it with hawk, and i used swoop on it.When it died it gave no resources. What was that all about? Oo

Level 11
The new version has been released. Many bugs have been fixed and numerous small improvements have been made.
In one of the test games a strange bug appeared: one of the players gained visibility over the whole map since the beginning of the game. If it happens again, please report it.

Level 2
For 4.8
(BUGS)
The map hack bug is a big problem.In almost every game, 1 tribe has map hack,however bloodspear tribe never had map hack, in my experience, it could be that the host never gets it though, not necesarily the bloodspear.People prefer 4.6 now :(

-Troll merchant shuld only be activated when someone is near him, like a shop, because people sometimes spam the buttons, and everyone gets their screens flooded with mesages "Not enough gold for new soul pact" Not enough gold for greatest elixir" etc etc. Also this spam makes it impossible to use the troll merchent because the second you put gold in the merchent , anyone can use it to buy greatest elixirs, and you wanted a new soul.

-hunter and inventor can produce infinite numbers of feathers +meat by simply disasembling the pet den and rebuilding it.When rebuilt, the pet den starts with full mana.Pet den shuld be like totem(inventor can't use dismantle ability)

(SUGESTIONS)
-I had an idea about the "Trophy fur". All boses shuld give a trophy hide. Each hide can be used to create a troll hut. Wolf fur troll hut : gives -endurance aura).Grizly fur troll hut-regeneration aura(unholy aura).komodo troll hut-devotion aura.Vulture-he doesn't have a hide...(Need ideas here..some kind of vulture trophy and its use).

(I'l edit this post when i come up with new bugs/sugestions)

Last edited:
Level 2
For 4.9
Bugs/Exploits

- The -33% honey production does not fix the exploit.With hawk, a hunter can still take all the honey from the map(regardless whether there is less honey). I suggest to bring the honey production back to normal, but make the bee hive like oil geyser(have to attack to produce honey).That way, the trolls have to take the pain in order to get the precious honey >:) , and hawk cannot take it (hawks cant take/carry honey anyway).

-Buildings can be placed on quicksand.Totem placed on quicksand can be almost impossible to destroy.

-Vodoo monster does not have detection, not even at close range.

Suggestions

-I thought about what trophy the vulture can give.It can give "Giant Feathers", used to ornate the troll hut.(This idea came to me when i was thinking "What do humans in real life take from birds as trophies" -FEATHERS!!)

(will edit with further bugs/exploits/suggestions)

Last edited:
Level 2
-Troll merchant shuld only be activated when someone is near him ... because the second you put gold in the merchent , anyone can use it to buy greatest elixirs, and you wanted a new soul.
Or you may remove merchant's visibility to all teams during night, so secret trades would stay secret.

Level 2
Clone items bug

This bug needs a post of its own. I don't know how this works yet, but i have a replay here where a tribe found a way to CLONE ITEMS. When i got to their base i was shocked to see dozens of rings of resurrection, and staffs littered all over.

The cloning starts at 50:00, at the S-W base.See the forge
Then again at around 57:00
and again at 1:05 when they clone rings of resurrection

Attachments

• Clone items bug.w3g
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
Level 3
Gadina , u released 3 versions in 7 days :vw_death:
i rly hope 5.0 will be in at least 3 months :grin:
i'll try out 4.9 to see if it's bug free
Thanks for making this amazing map

Level 11
Yes, and I worked hard to do it.
But still there is 1 dangerous bug left. Now I have info about it too and I intend to fix it in version 5.0, which should be perfect :)

The bug: using the Alchemy achievement is not recommended in multiplayer game, or the user will be disconnected (desync).

Edit: Now I know what creates the desync. I officially hate Warcraft.
Version 5.0 fixing the bug will be released tomorrow (9.03.2012).

Last edited:
Level 6
I have a bug report Mr. Gadina_Prokleta
When my brother and me was playing your godly awesome ultra map JTR
We find a bug...
:goblin_boom:

Me and my bro where in our little Tribe on a hill, we boot have the achievement alchemy and cook (i dont know if that info helps):grin:, when i went into the achievements menu and pressed the alchemyst button all the members of my Tribe where Disconnected by some reason...:ash::ccry:
Then i say...

What the! Fuuuuuuuuu...!!!
:goblin_jawdrop:
If you can fix it into some new release of your map we'll be Gratefull whit u.
:thumbs_up:

Thanks for you Work on JTR its the favorite map in all WC3 for all my family and friends!
:wink:

Anyway...
U ROCK GADINA_PROKLETA!!!!
:goblin_yeah:

Level 11
Thank you *blush*

It has been fixed for version 5.0, which has been released.
I gathered some friends and we did a 5 hours game o_O
It was great. All went good, there were no serious bugs and everything worked fine (one exclusion - Merchant achievement maybe doesn't work - but doesn't harm other gameplay).

If you like the game, give it a Like in Facebook, host it with friends and generally help making it more popular :)

Last edited:
Level 2
Greetings once again!
Few odd observations on v5.0:

[*] I know that animal fertility depends on player count, but I think the numbers are somewhat wrong.
I've been playing single and on 32nd day of game decided to inspect the jungle: 1 Ancient Giant Turtle, 1 Giant Alligator, shitloads of red piranhas, me and 4 my reanimated servants.
Rabbits, raccoons, tropical birds, snakes became extinct without my help at all, I've been killing vultures for feathers (scribing books) so they became extinct too, also never saw a nest during the game, single big sabretooth cat went to the land of eternal hunt without giving birth, bears felt uneasy for my poisoning their ancient leader and refused to breed at all, alligators were solitary and single male alligator wont lay eggs :).

[*] Anacondas died of old age long before i decided to go get their Mojo, you should make them ancient beasts, so they stay until killed.

[*] As a Dark Green shaman somehow I couldn't use "Any skull" for voodoo idol of fear. I tried ancient beast's skulls and shrunken heads. Tried repositioning items in inventory too.

[*] How do I disassemble trophy bear hide and trophy comodo skin into regular hides/skins? Additionally, 2 hides for such a feat might be not enough. Well, you get the heart for dinner, but hides are nice too. After all, regular tribe has 4 trolls, so each might get something: 1 heart + 3 hides.

[*] I failed to see arcanum's passive ability rendering my troll "unvisible". Not a single time, does it actually work?

[*] After I animated ancient giant turtle, alligator and boar my Puppet master level was 0% :(

[*] Just an opinion, but "God" Totem is somewhat untrollish, while trolls travel to spirit realm. "Tribe" totem maybe? Different tribes might also have different colored auras around their totems.

[*] Could you make experience tomes carryable (and even sellable as troll still can buy experience from voodoo merchant), like they were in War3: RoC? When troll is at max level, it becomes hard to pick bounties from old troll, because experience tomes obstruct vision.

[*] Voodoo scriptures still say about resurrecting wolves. Ye olde writings :)

On the other hand, the game works nice, no lag and it's great! :)

EDIT: Version 5.1: in progress ^_^

Last edited:
Level 2
Version 5.0
Bugs/exploits
-lined sabertooth fur boots = lined wolf fur boots, same with wolf fur boots of haste (old names )

-mining pick doesnt show its cool down, plus it has no cast animation( this is a problem because it makes it superior to other weapons-the troll who stuns first has the advantage).The mining pick needs a cast animation like all other weapons for balance.

-plague can only cast on ground units, same with the regeneration spell.

-Demonic mask removes disease and poison

-alligator egg still doesn't make masks of life ( it can be eaten though and it can be cooked) but no masks :(

-The puppet master achievement is seriously overpowered. At lvl 1 33% is acceptable, lvl 2 66% a little too much but still acceptable, at lvl 3 100% chance to revive, its horribly unbalanced(Just send 3-4 rotten vultures to the giant vulture boss and they kill him!!. or send some immortal rotten animals to the enemy base).A more reasonable puppet master achievement would be lvl1 20% lvl2 40% lvl3 60%.
Also when the shaman dies(becomes spirit) the animals can still be reanimated, even though the shaman puppet master is dead.

Level 11
A big thanks!
Fixing and improving one by one.
- Animal breeding fixed to take into account game days.
- Anacondas shouldn't die of old age. They don't even have mana to be counted. Are you sure?!
- Elder Beast Skull use added to crafting Totems of Horror.
- There is a good idea by Nlmdth about trophy hides, some day I'll make it true.
- Passive invisibility of the Arcanum od Shadow should work only for 2.5-3.5 sec and the animation of the troll changes slightly into red. Well, I have no other reports about how it works. Please give it a look and share thoughts.
- About Puppet Master and some other achievements - yes, I'm worried too. Something still isn't right. I'll test more and give another thorough observation to the triggers.
- Tribe totem makes it more clear that it is only 1 for the tribe. Agreed. But where is it mentioned as God Totem? Anyway, in game concept there is no difference between god and devil, poor trolls just understand the actions of the same person as coming from different beings :p
- Experience tomes carryable and sellable - okay, at some point I'll make them.

Level 2
On anacondas topic:
Unfortunately replay wasn't autosaved, but think I've found an answer. It was rare situation when only a pair spawned at the beginning of the game, and being distressed with jungle extinction I payed not much attention to their swamp when counting living survivors, as no animals except anacondas live there. Still anaconda's mojo is too easy: come at night, take mojo. Implement some way to enforce troll to attack some obstacle alerting sleeping anacondas

God Totem is mentioned in a tip when troll hunter (or any) becomes troll spirit.

Arcanum of Shadow: so, it's passive doesn't make any aura icon when it triggers?

[*] Shaman's spirit form spell doesn't remove poison from sarbakane shot, while stating that it removes any poison

[*] When using achievements menu different buttons behave differently. Cooking and Mining do not have green border when pressed, and few other have "pressed" state when used. Just an observation :)

Last edited:
Level 11
Anacondas will just be made non-sleeping :]
Yes, the Arcanum of Shadow gives you permanent invisibility from time to time without any buffs or auras.
I think the effect of pressing buttons isn't connected to whatever they do - the achievements are just based on different abilities which have different animations.

Level 2
Hunter don't have any kind of achievement.
Can you power up his animals (shaman already can make unkillable army of pets)? - like double passive mana regen(0.1/sec ->0.2/sec for normal mode) or %hp and attack speed/damage bonus. U can realize that like - implement aura(when achievement get unlocked) that can only does bonuses to ally animals(non-hero, non-enemy).

That bug like while you feed pets with skull - you will get same 20 mana instead of 40, or if you eat the skull with spirit you'll get 40 mana, while you expecting 60.

Now it's so hard to get alligator. Just hard.

What you think about poison mines. Like remote mine but throws (exact same) poison gas but that slows for 90(60, don't forget about poor warriors?)% at the epicenter and ~50% at the sides. I think it will be ok if it will be implemented like a recipe(will invent two of recipes. for more usability)
You know, that recipes that we have now - it's not enough, what you think about more of it? Like game become to random... more random, yes random - it's second name of inventions, do you agree? And remove engine from inventions, just make it usable when you once made an inventor's workshop. you press the button in workshop and you will make it without plans.

So how about more inventions? I can "think of" it, if you want to work on the map. So decide and answer.

Level 2
How about double wield of any kind of daggers, mining picks for warrior, double wield of fiery axes and thunderclubs? How about make a double throw of dual wield - or is it overpowered?

Can you change the description of net(add: there is 10% chance to Paralyze the target for 4 sec)

How about change a bonuses of powerhit reduction for bone/bronze/iron male from 5/10/15% to 7/14/20% and increase tortoise armor powerhit reduction from 25 to 30%
1) It increases price and advantage of armor, because when trolls crafting they making a build that often don't have armor. So this powerup will change item builds
2) 5% - sounds so funny and useless.

Level 2
How about do the increment to the fishing?
(Implement to the game) like an invention of inventor or just like hunter's Tannery's ability, that Fishing Net will requires 2 nets+wood and raw meet(herbs whatever?)(that is how you pay for it)for regen hitpoints(that is mechanism of that Fishing Net, it will always lose hp(-0.1/sec?)) but every 20(decide it) secs it does something useful or not(like fishing with fishing pole) and it does full-tribe(or not?) messages and don't depends of fisherman-level(or yes?). Small things: while you get a fish. it must be dropped on the ground(if you can implement it. like set this: DROP_FISH on 100 units behind Fishing Net or just let the fish float away(but there is potions and pigskin boots lol!, so you will decide it)

It's like instance of food and stuff soooo let's pay for it. Choose one of that ways:
1)Implement it like a recipe of inventor.(you pay for its rarity)
2)Increase tech-level-of-base-cost like bronze bar/linen closes/a base resource that requires some of buildings done(and that what i called tech-level-of-base - that is you cannot make it at the first 1-2 days because you don't have a base done) + 2 nets

So how it sounds for ya?

Last edited:
Level 2
How about Detonatable Dead Troll
Now resurrected troll will have an ability to load up him, it will work like: your ally-inventor makes 2 dynamites and load dead troll with this explosives and press specified ability that will sounds like "Load Up!" - and through the map scripts this algorithm will happened: Destroy all inventory items then destroy that troll then make other(specified) troll at that point with same face rotation(noobish triggers, yes) that troll don't have a slots of inventory and only have 2 abilities: usual hunger(i don't remember exact name of ability) and Detonate! So that will does A LOT of damage: 1600 for buildings/400(blockable by usual warcraft armor, hello again survived warrior) at epicenter and 200(you will decide all things about amount of damage) at sides and stuns for 3 secs. You will pay a lot for it: ~32gold*2 + rotten troll and you will get mobile weapon of destruction but enemy can decide to kill the nasty dead troll so, he will not detonate so use your head for how to use it correct.

Some things about mechanism of work of Detonate ability: what i wanna see: when you press Detonate, troll get above his head 3-2-1-BOOM! timer, so he will detonate while he gets killed. Decide what is better for balances. May be implement it like inventor's invention?

What are you think about napalmed dead troll, same mechanisms like above but he will spread napalm everywhere he wanna go and will get +50% ms(like troll that get fired) , ofc napalm does damage to dead troll and he will die but how fast - can decide only enemies. Recipe: it's must be not cheap, so if you can make 2oil+2fuel for 2 slots it will be ok for the cost/effect(shortly - balance again)

Level 2
@ leso - i like your ideas
-power up hunter animals..no. Better to just nerf shamans animals
-gas mines?? maybe call it gas trap (like in real life)
-double wield any weapons- yes, double power hits with dual wield weapons no, its overpowered.but if there could be a way to make warrior throw 1 of his aXes directly from the dual wield icon and he would have 1 aXe left(this might be hard)or just throw aXe from the dual wield icon, warrior drops both aXes and 1 aXe spawns at the warriors location(can this be done?).With dual wield clubs it shuld be easy(dual wield clubs can power hit like normal club)
-power hit improvement for armor- yes (good idea)
-fishing net..well..we already have fishing pole, but it wouldn't hurt to have net.
-detonatable dead troll...why not? but apply this to any troll, for kamikaZe roll. 400 dmg seems too much, still it should be better then the bomb, 300 dmg? and lots of stun yes, good idea.The timer above troll(brilliant , i like! rofl)
-Napalm....i was thinking about the "Napalm" concept for some time now.I think that the inventors "Molotov cocktail" is actualy napalm in a bottle.Fact:napam is made from gasoline and some sort of thickner, inventor makes molotov from fuel(which is made from oil..its probably similar to gasoline).Like in real war, making napalm in a bottle and throw it at the enemy.

And 1 suggestion of my own: sign posts can be made in inventors workshop. Sign posts can only be written once, and cannot be dissasembled by inventors( only destroyed), made from wood, 20 characters max?

Level 2
The Inventor's Inventions

There are some recipes, that you will glad to see:

First of all, small and useful Airplane!
This recipe requires wood, rope and bronze bar, it will have 120 hp and mana pool (10/250 when it was created) and one slot for fuel refill; every 1 fuel does 100 mana(1000 secs in normal mode); sight range and movement speed - you will decide it.

Then, Weight(bob, poise, rus.: гиря; rom.: greutate; thank you Google Translator).
This is what the Weight will do: item, 4th(and 3rd?) level, so there is only warrior(+hunter?), that can increase his attributes. Mechanism: that item has 1day&night(480 secs yes?) cooldown; every time you use it you will get +1 random attribute, that item must be able to get dropped while it has cooldown.
The Weight consist of stone, wood and rope. That proccess will be accompanied by some troll's words - you will decide what it will be.

Theeeeen, Gold Miner's Pick!
That item only usable for inventor, so how he can get it?
First of all you will get recipe of Advanced(Upgraded?) Forge, it will upgrade forge(put the recipe+dismantled forge and oil at the Inventor's Workshop) - just gives ability to smelt Gold Bar and Gold Miner's Pick(not strictly, you will decide what name it will get), Gold Bar requires 1 gold coin per every slot of Advanced Forge = 4 gold coins at all, then you will put wood, rope, gold bar and iron bar into the Advanced Forge and press button to smelt this miracle: Gold Miner's Pick! It will does 60(60-180 for structures) powerhit damage, 1(2?) sec stun, x2 crit with 10% chance, manacost is 25, cooldown is 10, x4(x12 for buildings) + 1 sec stun at 15% of every hit.

And at the end, Book of Nature for shaman.
The passive bonus of it is +25hp +2regen hp.
That how it will work: inventor invents recipe which will upgrades a Shaman's Voodoo Hut, that it can provide new books of spells and set of 4 most powerful spells. So there it is:
1.Grumble(Thunder) - 40(40) damage, 10(10)sec cooldown, 25(25)manacost, 1(1) sec stun, 400(700) castrange, 10(30%) chance to reset cooldown of this spell.
2.Rejuvenation(Resurgence) - heals 5(8)/sec for 10(12) + 5(8) armor (and +10%(20%) powerhit reduction to the target, it will be ok, if you can implement that), cooldown will be 25(40) secs, 30(50)manacost.
3.Entangling Roots(Poisonous Veins) get the target's legs with Roots that deals 10damage/sec for 3 secs(have 400 aoe cast instead of target cast, spreads a poison to all of them, that poison slow movement speed by 40% and does 3 poison damage every sec for 15 sec, 10(30)manacost, 15(35)cooldown's secs.
The Book of Nature will consist of Thunder, Rejuvenation, Resurgence, Poisonous Veins.

By the way, demand you, gadina to decrease attack power of usual mining pick like by switching from x2 crit to 4 sec stun powerblow, or just make base powerhit value = 40 damage (why need to nerf? because is universal item - you can mine and can do 90-110 damage with only one item, it does criticals, and stun and even have no troll's animation, but mining advantages will be not changed)

Fishing Net will be autonomous generator of food and stuff, so i mean - you don't need to pay attention to it. Just load up that bastard with rotten meat and do whatever you want. It will like hunter's hawk that dragging stuff from the jungle to the base, but (in case of Fishing Net) generally food and potions.

Last edited:
Level 2
Some of the suggestions make already overpowered shaman even more overpowered.
Invisible squad of trolloids entering your camp... bOOm! Too effective, too easy. Also, why should it explode in stronger way than regular bomb planted within dead rotting troll body would?

Making fishing botted sounds ugly (autonomous generator of food? diet drinks ftw!), and from what I see ingame, fishing is not only about catching fish. Also, fishing requires 1 occupied troll (25% of the tribe), just like baubles gathering requires 1 occupied hunter + fully grown bird, while unlimited unattended meat source->unlimited sacrifices. Get 6 fishing nets.

Mining pick: can 4 trolls armed with mining picks instakill any troll using spirit form/scriptures?

On topic of removing the hints from dead soulless trolls: isn't it an essential part of the game? "Even in death our soulmate still guides us through the jungle. Praise him as a god and maybe he alerts you on upcoming danger." And instead of this we got "reveal all map and perished trolls may leave gme, no need for your assistance now" :(

Last edited:
Level 2
@Viei
About Fishing net, we can set a limit of it to 1, like a totem, does it solve problem?

About dead(rotten, resurrected) troll, rotten trolls cannot be invisible, they don't have a slots to use poition, and correct me if i was wrong - shaman don't have a spreadable invisibility like Mass Haste. So there is no way get invisibility, and it easy to kill him and remove the opportunity from the enemy base(don't forget, they loose 64 gold + 500 mana and 10 shaman's scripts for every explosive guy, with that resources you can make catapult with bomb(58 gold at all) and it not requires to get close, there is 1500 range and half of damage and 10 sec cooldown), if rotten troll get Hunger ability he will get +30% physical damage, so this situation requires only 1 warrior with double wield to cut that guy. If owner of rotten trolls throwed the net the only way to be alive is kill the rotten troll, bonus ally can decide that situation with additional fire power ofc.

Mining pick: can 4 trolls armed with mining picks instakill any troll using spirit form/scriptures?
Ofc, when the time has come, it's often 2-3 days from start all tribe can take up their arms with mining picks, and some stuff like book from the shaman, throwning axes/javelings from warrior, one net and bird - like with bird all tribe will find and kill any enemy, grenades from inv, if he was lucky he will get Molotovs, so, i said about that additional fire power above because you can get that while you going through the jungle and finding other resources, except stones and flint, that you prepare for mining picks.
So even with mining picks and without additional fire power you obliviously kill 4vs1 any troll, ofc if there is 5-6 day when the troll can get some equipment to runaway or block damage.

btw "Critical Shot 149!". Overpowered shaman, where you are?

Level 2
ooah! I cannot create the forge how?! Help me pleeeas!!11!

It seems gadina only competent when he is giving noobish advices and repair map's bugs.
Can i see your attitude to the text that is above from this post?

Level 11
What about the Forge? o_O

I'll see if I can make the dual weapons usable for single throw/bone smash.

I also want to add more inventions and I have already thought about the troll kamikaze :)
But I'd make it just as a "bomb belt" which could be carried by any troll/trolloid. To make it work not instantly, but with counting to three overhead - that's a nice idea! I should examine A.Dominion's triggers to see how he's done that sorcery :)

You're right about the mining picks. I did some calculations and I nerfed them.

I want to extend the game too by new items, units, possibilities... But my priorities are as always:
1) Stability (bugs fixing; necessary balance improvements to avoid exploits).
2) Overall improvements (like the Power Hit critical system or the initial Random Spawn, or the Achievements System).
3) New content.

Level 2
Leso's idea of strength-training weight is actually cool. Or scriptured tablet - for increasing intelligence. But the gained bonus should only last until troll's death, like inventor's tasty pie bonus works. Not sure what is better - to have a small cooldown and giving +0.05 stat for each use, or as suggested by author.

And speaking of attributes, here's a small idea of shrunken heads remake: when consuming a shrunken head, instead of gaining +1 to all attributes troll gains Mojo (Mojo point). Each point of mojo can be spent to increase _chosen_ attribute by 2 (or 1.5; or 1.7; or 1 - not sure about certain number). When troll dies and it's spirit is brought back to life his mojo points are refunded and may be spent again.
This allows for more flexibility - e.g warrior might choose to be stronger by increasing strength, but after being defeated shift to attack speed by increasing dexterity. Or a shaman might become "fatter" by choosing strength and gaining more hp.

Consuming raw skull (troll or elder) still may increase all stats by 0.5 (or 0.4; or 0.3).

By implementing this you might also allow the longest winter prayer to be added to shaman's carryable idol - it would require MUCH mojo to be spent into intelligence and also mana from arcanum's passive bonus.

Level 2
I want to extend the game too by new items, units, possibilities... But my priorities are as always:
1) Stability (bugs fixing; necessary balance improvements to avoid exploits).
2) Overall improvements (like the Power Hit critical system or the initial Random Spawn, or the Achievements System).
3) New content.

Quality over quantity.Its a good profesional attitude.

I see that a ton of suggestions have accumulated, and they are good suggestions, some of the things are interesting, but i feel that if all of these will be implemented the result will be : imbalances and bugs.
So, Gadina, take your time in implementing new content.Maintain the feel of the game, all trolls have a specific role to play : warrior-(brutish hulk with the role of working and fighting) hunter (stealth assassin with role of scouting gathering), inventor(ingenious troll combining the knowledge of dwarfs and goblins role-damage dealer and demolition expert), shaman (support caster, can resurrect animals)
So, when implementing new content, only do it a little at a time.
You probably didn't need me telling you all this,:grin:(embarrassed)

Thank you for all your work and dedication :thumbs_up:

Level 2
I am pretty new to JTR, and far from beeing a pro. But always when I have some spare time I host this map on multiple realms, to improve my skills and have some fun beeing a Troll :).
I made this post, cause now I can rate ur awesome map with 5 Stars ;).
But for now I have only one question, since version 5.0 Players, me included are getting critical erros, I can't figure out how they occurre, it seems randomly. Is this a known bug?